Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Multiverse

Multiverse Vampire Event

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Multiverse”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Multiverse Vampire Event

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 am

Multiverse Vampire Event

What: A roleplaying opportunity to show your characters at their best or worst in a time of stress, whie providing character development.
When: Hopefully two months from now at most.
Who: All blood-drinking characters, though primarily vampires.
Where: The Multiverse chat, of course!
Why: To see if it is possible to arrange an event that includes as many people as possible

What
This is a roleplaying opportunity intended to include as many people as possible in a single event to promote character development and community spirit. The concept is simple; a person has poisoned the water supply of Wing City (and surrounding areas) with a chemical that induces a painful reaction from vampiric individuals. As non-vampires drink the water it will eventually enter their blood stream, resulting in vampires being unable to feed from people without experiencing immense pain.
It's a chance for roleplayers to show their vampires at their very best or their very worst in a time of high stress in the city. Don't think of it as a problem that needs to be avoided or ignored, think of it as an opportunity to show your what your character is really like in dark times, what they really are on the inside, deep down.

When
Hopefully no later than two months (as I plan to coordinate it with the new Multiverse newspaper).

Who
The plan is only to affect vampiric individuals, but in the big scheme of things it should also affect their friends and even the community who aren't involved, due to an increase in the number of vampire attacks.

Where
The Multiverse, of course. The entire event will take place in chat over the course of maybe a week.

Why
This is sort of a roleplaying experiment to see if it is at all possible, with time and effort invested, to arrange a big event for the community in the Multiverse to get involved on one big event. If this works then in the future it might be possible to arrange for other events to further unite the community and make it feel like one big roleplay that we're all involved in.

Can you help?
There are two things each person can do to possibly help, the first is join in. If you have a vampire, get in on the idea. The second thing you can do is share the information around. If you know someone who has a vampire character in the Multiverse, tell them to check this topic out. If you want to join in, make sure you post and keep checking up on this topic for updates on when the event will happen.

With the combined efforts of the roleplaying community, we can help forge a better roleplaying world in the Multiverse, that encourages people to work together to form stories that promote character growth.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Multiverse Vampire Event

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm joining in, with my Vampire, Saken. I'll work on actually filling her out. Tell me the time, date, and whatnot. I might even be able to get in some humans to be attacked, NPC'd of course, if people want to show that.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:11 am

I'm joining in with Parson and possibly Milo. Just let me know when, it'll be fun.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Patch, if you would ever like to do this.
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!