Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Zed Dead: Zombie Arrival

Zed Dead: Zombie Arrival

a part of “Zed Dead: Zombie Arrival”, a fictional universe by lewdug97.

The ones left must protect each other aswell as themself. The zombies may be mindless but they are evolving into new and more hazardes breads.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Zed Dead: Zombie Arrival”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Zed Dead: Zombie Arrival

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:19 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Zed Dead: Zombie Arrival"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lewdug97
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Zed Dead: Zombie Arrival

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Hmm, scarce information is scarce. Though, I am quite interested in what kind of infected will come up in this role play. =P

Question Time!:
1) I know a zombie role play is like a major sandbox, I mean, it'll be hard to come up with a plot. But I am kind of wondering if you already have something thought out.
2) Would this island be some kind of fortress? (Safe Haven.) Or are the people still in danger of being attacked by zombies?

I think that is all. At least until the character sheet is up. =P
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:55 pm

good if use some originality, there are countless zombie rpgs here

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Lewd, your grammar still hasn't improved, but this certainly does look interesting. It'd be cool if there was an "Alamo scenario" (look at Arch's second question). Eh... At the moment I'm not having a sudden great character idea, ...okay I did.

A zombie sympathizer that only attacks zombies who attack him. He's extremely pacifist, otherwise, and for some reason seems to only get attacked by 1 in ten zombies (or if he gets set upon by boomer bile...?)... That might sound a little "overpowered," as my character could just run away and not do any fighting/rarely get killed, but it still sounds like fun.

Anyone here of "Seth" from Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare DLC? He's funny... to some extent. I shot his zombie friends...
If you kill Callen, I'm going to kill you, and then Quinn. My penguin army shall rise from the crumbles of the great Cookie war of Elderon IV, and rue the day you ever did displease me you will!
-psalm 3:5; Book of Nevermore

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmericanPyro on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Another good idea:

The remnants of the militaries that took you there have the advent of supplies, food, mobile and upkept shelter, weapons, armor, medical supplies, etc. This gives them the advent of being able to hold something over people and since the crumbling of their nations due to the outbreak they have gone rogue, trying to control the little bit of free land there is left that is "zombie free." As well as the people that go with it.

I'd be willing to play several of these characters including their leader if you would like to add another faction into the mix.

AmericanPyro
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:00 pm

The information is not complete on the Intro page. There for it shall be updated and changed when it is needed.

Archlkan:
1] I am going to be the Games Master therefore I shall be introducing things to the plot as it goes on. I do have some ideas but they are not yet developed. Any ideas you have shall be taken in.
2] The island has been safe for some time but soon after the start there will be a zombie outbreak.

Nevermore:
1] Sorry but i did not put it through word to correct spelling and stuff. I usually do this to set things right but I was in a hurry as I was going out so i posted it as a quick draft. This will be corrected soon.
2] Your idea is ok but I don’t think it would be fair to be attacked by less zombies. You can still make your character always think hard before killing zombies.

AmericanPyro:
That is a good idea! I am going to add two factions to the island. One will be a group of ex-soldiers and new recruits who are protecting the island. The other will be a gang that have basically decided to kill people for fun.

ALL: I was thinking of putting in a system of distributing points to skills in the RP. Sort of like some RPG games. Is this something you guys or gals would like?

lewdug97
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:19 pm

@lewdug97:

Woohoo, zombie outbreak for the win. Anyhow, back on the plot topic. Great, even though you say they have yet to be worked out, it is a step in the right direction. (Or left, whichever you prefer.)

Also, I second AmericanPyro's idea of two factions. Not only will it add to the role play, but it is a great way to add some more detail on our characters, after all they must have some kind of opinion about those two sides, no? But that's all up to you of course, GM's decision is final after all.

Now, to that point distributing system. Well, it would add to said role play factor. Especially if you want to limit the character's weapon range. (Seriously every zombie role play I ever saw had a bunch of dudes with most illogical weapon sets. and by illogical I mean, how the hell did they get a fraggin' sniper rifle? It's not like those things grow on trees after all.)

*ahem*

Back to the topic at hand. It would depend on on what system you'd be using? Weapon based? Skill based? Attribute based? (Intelligence, Agility, etc.) Or maybe a bit of all types. I am indeed in for point system, but it really depends what type of point system really.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Some ideas for point systems:

1] Based on Fallout
Small guns: 0/20
Big guns: 0/20
Melee/Unarmed: 0/20
Survival: 0/20
Repair: 0/20
Speech: 0/20
Barter: 0/20
Science: 0/20
2] Based on S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Strength: 0/10
Perception: 0/10
Endurance: 0/10
Charisma: 0/10
Intelligence: 0/10
Agility: 0/10
Luck: 0/10

Infomation on Factions is now up.

lewdug97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmericanPyro on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 pm

I don't really understand how you're going to make use of that in a textual roleplay setting, but if you've got an idea as to how to do it, get some!

AmericanPyro
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:04 am

i was thinking maybe saying at some points you will need someone with 10/20 repair. But if you dont like the idea then ill drop it and use the standed.

Check out the quick map i made: http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j429/darkwisle/?action=view&current=Areneria.jpg
Its not very good but its all i could do...

lewdug97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 am

I'm going to make the Character sheet now it should be up some time soon. I will edit this post when it is done!

Sheet is up!
The coding is alot but it looks real nice. Got the sheet design from here (example 1):
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/character-sheet-layouts-requests-t53861.html

lewdug97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Common to a lot of my more-recently-added-characters, you could look at Wolven (oc)'s character setup. Get rid of the "magic-resistance" and "spiritual" stuff ((and add in whatever you want)). That system might work. Give everyone starting points? :)

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Added me character. Hope he's okay. XD

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Yes he's great! Approved...

And thank you all for showing intrest in my Roleplay.

Nevermore: It's fine i like the one i found but thanks for finding one. Also thanks for supporting my roleplays, i am trully thankfull!

lewdug97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Thank you for approving, you deserve a reward:

Reward!

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Congrats to you for the cool character! You deserve a better reward:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60og9gwKh1o
(I dont know how to do the text not url thing...)

lewdug97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Also shall i add more zombies now or should i add them as we go along the RP?

lewdug97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60og9gwKh1o]Check this out![/url]

Will appear as:

Check this out!

Also, that would be up to you. I'd go with adding them later when we encounter those 'various' types of zombies.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lewdug97 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks for the help with URL.
I think i will just add zombies as we go as it seems like the best option.
I wish the others would come on the OOC though and submit characters.i just love reading through charie sheets.

P.S. Did you like your reward!?

lewdug97
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:18 pm

I loved the reward. NUMA NUMA YAY! *starts rocking out on numa numa*

Also, ZOMGZ! Creeper face. Ah well, I think those Creepers are like little bunnies compared to the soon to be added Enderman. XD

Byte
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!