Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Farewell To Kings

A Farewell To Kings

a part of “A Farewell To Kings”, a fictional universe by Penny Pincher.

The land of Briliron is thrown into chaos (worse, this time around) as revolts spring up to topple monarchies around the world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Farewell To Kings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] A Farewell To Kings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penny Pincher on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:13 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Farewell To Kings"

I can edit this post as I see fit? Hot diggity-damn. Here's a bit of music while I wait for profiles to probably not show up.
Haggling, saving money, and being greedy since 1995.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Penny Pincher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] A Farewell To Kings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Let me just say I like this idea. It seems like you took your time on it and should be quite entertaining.

If you don't mind, I would like to have a little discussion about rule four. Also don't worry I'm not here to dispute anything, I'm just here to discuss some ideas I was having while reading through your roleplay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penny Pincher on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 pm

I'd be happy to answer any questions or see what you have in mind, go right ahead.

Penny Pincher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:22 pm

I love this.

Do you mind if I create a schizoprenic, hear voices in head, summoner, warlord?

Oh! Another question! How do Warlords operate? Like a head-on army deal or guerilla warfare? (Personally I'm suspecting Guerilla Warfare) Do they work together with other warlords or seperatly? Is it all interconnected or just individual cells doing what they can?
Last edited by Wheatley on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penny Pincher on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Go right on ahead. I think I'd be more disappointed if you didn't.

Warlords can use whatever tactics they see fit. Typically, the newer Warlords will stick to full-on attacking and conquering small towns and villages before going on to any of the labeled cities, to build up strength and followers. Depending on how your Warlord operates, it might not be an attack so much as a recruitment drive. Warlords can team up, but given that they are ideally selfish people who would rather take the throne of one of the Kingdoms for themselves, I doubt an alliance will work out in the end. For the most part, Warlords are independent. Just like it was mentioned in the intro, Warlords were targeting other Warlords when they first rose up.

Penny Pincher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Alright, thank you very much.

I was wondering, while reading rule four. It got me thinking about the races you said you didn't want to see. Now is it that you don't want to see them, because of the stereotypical way they are portrayed, or is it just that you feel they do not fit this style you are going for. You see, I've been roleplaying for quite a while now and I've seen each of the races you have forbidden played in all different ways.

I am going to go into detail on what I mean, just to clarify a few things.

In my opinion a stereotypical demon, is always the villain. They are the agents of hell, maybe lost souls who have yet to find the light. They can also be portrayed as you said "prissy anime boys" But I feel that a demon can be many things, if you go for the fallen angel approach, it is just a being that has done something its creator considers wrong. If you go for the creature of the night approach, it could be a being like a vampire or a werewolf. A human who has been infected with what can only be called a virus that changes their appearance, but not the core of who they are. I see demons as misunderstood beings who have been stereotyped by society, however like humans you have those who give into the darkness and those who try hard to do good.

You see I want to roleplay a vampire, but people can make the argument that a Vampire is a demon, seeing as it is a creature of the night and possibly dead. However I like to think outside of the box, A Vampire is just a predator. It feeds off of other beings, so people naturally assume that it is evil and of course everything evil has to be demonic(sarcasm) However couldn't a vampire be an evolved human that uses blood to keep itself fit and as a human shouldn't be allowed to walk in the sun. I would like to be able to roleplay a vampire that defies the stereotypes.

Please tell me what you think of my idea.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penny Pincher on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:03 am

I just really didn't want to see those types of characters. Maybe I've been spending too much time on Gaia, but I wouldn't be surprised if a whole lot of those characters made their way here, too. I don't really see Vampires as being apart of the Heaven/Hell scene. Typically, I regard being a Vampire as being afflicted by a disease. Just one that effectively stops the afflicted from producing blood of their own, so they have to suck it out of other people every 120-or-so days in addition to developing a fatal-intolerance to light in exchange for heightened senses and immortality, not a race. I usually see it like that because of TES, but I really didn't specify anything about them in the thread, so if you want to go for a racial approach, its alright in my book.

Penny Pincher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 am

Mmmm.
This is most interesting, and definitely well thought out/guarded.
After I See a couple characters go up, or possibly a bit of a post-flow going, I may very well join.
Whatever may happen, you have my interest, even if only as a reader.

On a related note, That forth rule alone gains some serious awesome points.

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 am

well thank you, I will get started on the character. Should I right details about the race, so people don't mix my version with the mainstream vampire?

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penny Pincher on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:18 am

Seems to be the right thing to do, considering its what you're weary of avoiding in the first place. :P

And thanks, Hazezon.

Penny Pincher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:00 am

Well I went ahead, and submitted a character.
Now, before you even read it >>I do hope you check the OOC first, Penny<< I do in fact realize I took HUGE liberty with an entire friggin' country, and possibly a chunk of the main, or important sub-plot.
I did this for a reason,(Well, mostly because I wanted to.) you didn't list much about the royal families of any kingdom, and actually left their/the Countries inner workings non-existent.
I HOPE this is because you were intending for people(like me) to take a creative license(Possible understatement?) to it.
Now, if that's not that case, I fully understand.
I will in fact change the entire damn thing if you find it necessary, and will hold no hard feelings whatsoever at having to possibly completely revamp my character.
That's a risk I took the second I started running with it. XD

Edit: Also..Sorry that her history kinda came out like a novelette..I've been plagued with heavy writer's block for near a year, but it's been waxing and waning lately.
Soo..When it's not kicking in..I kinda run with stuff.. x.x

Second Edit: There may be some massive grammatical errors/typos/butchered sentences in it..I deeply apologize, and will fix tomorrow.
My excuse?
It was written at 2am, with very little sleep the previous day.

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:52 am

An interesting concept. I kinda like the idea of it.

Still, I have some minor concerns about the amount of people and all that, but I suppose I'll write up a bio. No harm in that, right?

Also, I've got a quick question. My character has been a Warlord for about five or so years now, so would it be acceptable if he has a small network of spies sent throughout Sepharim? It's not like he's got entire cities under his control, but he has about two to three major informants in a city. And naturally, he worked as a spy for another Warlord before becoming one himself, so he knows how to do all that good ol' spy stuff.
fisssh

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penny Pincher on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:24 am

Zetta, That's perfectly acceptable.

Hazezon, you're characters been approved. I did leave the inner-workings of the royal families vague, so as long as people don't get ridiculous about expanding on it and stick to the overall mentality I had thought out for the families, its alright. How you portrayed the King of Kaelath and its inner-workings was very accurate, as far as I'm concerned.

Penny Pincher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm starting to wonder if classifying Rania as a Warlord was a correct move.
Yes she wants to do away with the current monarchy, and yes she wants her form of government(Herself) to be in control once that's all nice, and squared away.
But for the life of me, I can't see her attacking any kind of town or village to gain dominance or support.
If anything, she'd gain their favor by being a damned Anti-Warlord, and sending any up-and-coming(assuming she won) little Warlord home in a body bag, leaving the village/town as untouched as possible.

The hell does that classify as?
Renegade Knight Of The Year? xD

Blazezon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penny Pincher on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Warlord is just a title coined by the populace. It doesn't exactly mean every one of them is a maniacal killing machine. Based on that, she can rally support in other ways. Maybe go to a few villages and deliver a few rousing speeches. And then perhaps when she has a basic following "liberate" some villages from Warlords. There are multiple ways to go about it, not just carnage. Carnage just happens to be the easiest and most widely preferred method of Warlords.

Penny Pincher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Well, fixed typos/slightly incoherent sentences.
Prettied it up/fixed Rania's avatar/added Semi-Kaelath colours.
All done~

Now I just can't wait till we get more people.~

Blazezon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penny Pincher on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Three people so far, counting me. Think five will be a good number to start off of?

Penny Pincher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:25 pm

You know, I don't really know.
The way it's split in different countries, the rate they fill/get more than one person could matter greatly.
Then again, it could not matter in the least. xD

Blazezon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Hmm.. Think I could change that :D

As a Summoner could I have Six Generals, the main men and woman, who're seen by the public as Walords? While Ira (The name of the guy I'm playing) is the guy controlling them (but they have their own way of taking over stuff)

*Just to add they would be obviously killable :D (Just not without a fight)

Oh! Oh! Matter of Rania could be one of the people who killed one of them in the first place! :D (What with her duty as Renegade knight of the year)

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Actually that may work rather well.

Perhaps Ira's lowest-General was sent to attack some little village for whatever minuscule resources it may have had.
This little town could also be Rania's first stop in the recruitment-fun, after failing to persuade the town to aid her, WARLORD ATTACK.
Save the town in the end, get banged up against, win over the people.

That's a good Sunday.

Blazezon
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!