Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Blast Beat

Band Discussion - Katori

a part of “Blast Beat”, a fictional universe by :Nagato:.

Two bands on the rise of a ruthless music scene, formerly competitors, are now forced to tour and work together against a backdrop of rivalries, romance, and changing relationships. How it goes and how it ends...that remains to be seen.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blast Beat”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Band Discussion - Katori

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 pm

This is where discussion concerning the bands' genres, names, and various details can be determined.

As for [Band 2], Infernwolf and myself would be all for a technical death metal band in the vein of Atheist or later Death), with elements of jazz and fusion. However, if everyone takes issue with that, I personally am open to doom metal or death/doom (a la Paradise Lost, or classic Black Sabbath) or thrash metal (along the lines of Megadeth), depending on what everyone else who signs up for [Band 2] says :v I'd probably even be open to something as extreme as, say, a Carcass-like sound if anyone really wants that.
Last edited by :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

:Nagato:
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Band Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 am

Nobody has anything to say concerning genre? :v

As far as name, the following is what I've got. Feel free to express your utter hatred/disgust/liking for any of them.

1: Katori, a word in a Native American dialect (I've no idea which) which means 'Spirit'. This seems like something that would appeal to both Izzie and Jesse, as the founders of the band.
2: Killjoy. Not much to say there. :v
3: Mantra. Also not much to say there.

The following actually have logos, courtesy of a random band name generator I found. Which is pretty sweet.

Feast of Thorns

Bestial Tomb. At least, apparently that's what it says. I really can't tell. :v

Iron Hearse.

Anyone's thoughts? The last three are rather limited in terms of the name and the creativity I had with them (which is none, because I got them off the logos) but they have logos, which is a cool little gimmick.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:08 pm

So, I'm a fan of a Black Sabbath sound, but I'm flexible if the band'd prefer the first suggestion.

As for names, I like Katori.

Nykizta
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:17 pm

*******Sorry. Post repeat fail.

Nykizta
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:33 am

...I just realised there really is nobody else to give an opinion. So far we really only have you, me, and Infern, who still supports technical death metal as the option for Katori [I'mma call Band 2 that until we get a name set in stone. 'cos so far it's the name everyone in band 2 is supporting :v]. We still need a drummer though. They might disagree with the genre. If it's techdeath we go with though we're gonna need a drummer with a very specific playing style. x_x

Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:36 am

Because I'm awesome:
Want to talk to me? Go on to TeamSpeak 2, and connect to the following server: 195.242.236.106:8394
You'll find me in my 'office' most likely, so feel free to give me a shove. ^^

affliction
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoftDusk on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:45 am

im in band 1 c:

so i've discovered i like looking up/making up band names
so here are some that i kinda sorta like, probably not enough to name an actual band after them.
1. Forever for after
2. Poison Ivy
3.Misanthropy
4. Under the tide
now this all depends on what kind of genre the music is, so if its a heavy metal band you probably don't want the name to be like pink bunny rabbits or maybe you do.. i dunno. have we decided the genre's... or were they already decided with the RP's... i'm kind of ashamed i don't know this. :{c

SoftDusk
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:13 am

SoftDusk wrote:im in band 1 c:

Wrong OOC topic still. xP
Perhaps rename them with Band numbers, Nagato?

affliction
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoftDusk on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:50 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

SoftDusk
Member for 13 years

Re: [OOC] Band Discussion [Band 2]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:49 pm

I literally just realised I can edit the names of the topics.

Bask in my utter fail!

And you are most certainly awesome affliction (both for taking up the lead singer role and for making that logo). While I'd usually picture a Katori logo slightly different, I would of course not ask you to make another one or change it since you're not even in Katori XD

Also, could've sworn there was a crust punk band called Misanthropy....guess not....

Member for 13 years

Re: [OOC] Band Discussion [Band 2]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:56 pm

honestly dude, feel free to make suggestions. it's no trouble at all. just tell me what you envision, and I will try to make something that works. xD

affliction
Member for 13 years

Re: [OOC] Band Discussion - Katori

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Affliction, you are indeed awesome XP

Well, since it means spirit, I sorta envision it with a sort of faint, ethereal quality, with the letters sorta becoming wisps at the edges. Am I explaining it well? XD

Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:29 pm

I'll see what I can come up with. xD

EDIT:
used a combination of gaussian and motion blur to give it a glow effect.

affliction
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:53 pm

That is completely awesome, Affliction. I'mma put it in the front page next to Katori's section XD

Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:57 pm

:O

That's epic, affliction. :O

Wait... I have a feeling we should switch The Instinct's colors. (Only calling it that 'til we decide for sure)

Nykizta
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Um. We need to organise this OOC stuff. We're all over the place here. My vote will obviously go with the Instinct. What colours do you think should be used?

affliction
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!