Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Masks of the Soul

Throme TV

a part of “Masks of the Soul”, a fictional universe by Cienpher.

The Grace Stone... Masks that change their personality... Tied by these two factors, the members of the Masked and Itex have to find out more about the city around them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Masks of the Soul”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Throme TV

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:44 am

So, we've been planning this for a while now, but your GMs have decided to create a TV station! That's right!

So, whenever there is reference to a TV show or an interview or such, we'll have a character-chat-style script formatted version of that show or interview up on this thread! It'll also do a weather report once seven days in the game go by... yeah, we'll try to be diligent.

Look forward to craziness - oh, and keep an eye out... you never know who's part of Itex..
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Throme TV

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nivosity on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:44 am

[The camera pans around a comfortable-looking room as theme music plays, five jaunty saxophone notes. It centers on a table where a perky woman is sitting, wearing a tan t-shirt and a wide smile. The camera zooms to the womanā€™s face, before she starts speaking.]

MEGAN MARIOT
(cheerfully) Hello, there, Throme! This is your anchor, Megan Mariot speaking, and Iā€™m bringing you news as live as it gets. It is now the 16th of August ā€“ at 7:21 PM. On this cheerful, bright, Friday evening, letā€™s turn the camera over to our resident weatherman, Kenneth!

[The camera leaves its close-up view of Megan, and the view changes to that of a map with complicated symbols and various colored arrows everywhere. A middle-aged man with brown hair stands in the center, smiling almost foolishly at the floor. Nothing happens for a few seconds, before an annoyed cough is heard.]

KENNETH PARK
(looks up) Wait. Iā€™m on camera?! (pauses, takes a deep breath) The weather, itā€™s what it usually is. High chance of heavy showers every day for the rest of the week. Oh, and snow, donā€™t forget the snow. Thereā€™s bound to be a couple inches of rain before the end of Monday. Wait, did I say rain? I meant snow. If you donā€™t get too cold, stay outside, or youā€™ll end up getting wet like a duck.

VOICE A
(off-screen, whispers exasperatedly) Kenneth! The temperature before you forgetā€¦

KENNETH PARK
(annoyed) I was just getting to that; you donā€™t have to be so impatient! (continuing) Itā€™s going to be cold, canā€™t you tell? Maybeā€¦ 20 degrees Fahrenheit, negative something Celsius. I donā€™t quite remember, maybe you should tell the weather instead of nagging me like that.

VOICE A
(off-screen) Weā€™re airing, you know. Thereā€™s no need in getting testyā€¦

KENNETH PARK
Well, then, you didnā€™t have to get through the trouble of calling me out in the middle of thisā€¦ (forces smile) Itā€™s perfect weather to play a game of blackjack or sit around a fire at home. Donā€™t hurt yourself shuffling snow off of the ground though; I want all of the viewers of Throme News Station to continue watching. (pulls an autumn leaf out of his pocket, and looks at it) Uh, what was this supposed to remind me ofā€¦ Right! The trees might be turning colors, so if youā€™re looking for a chance to throw acorns at squirrels, nowā€™s your best chance! Of course ā€“

[The camera abruptly changes back to the original setting, where Megan Mariot is still wearing a chipper smile. Sheā€™s holding her signature mug of coffee in both hands and takes a sip, before turning her attention to the camera.]

MEGAN MARIOT
(with a smile) Weā€™re lucky to invite both Damon Ito and his lovely co-star Emma Matia to the news station. Text all of your questions to 1300THROME, thatā€™s right, 1300THROME. Want to know more about whatā€™s going on behind the scenes during rehearsals, love life, and other details? Text away! (She picks up a cell phone and holds it up.) Weā€™ll be answering as many of the questions as we can.

[The camera pans to the entrance, and after a short pause, a tall, brown-haired man wearing a dark colored suit and purple tie walks into room. He wears a slight, poised smile, before sitting on the right of Megan. Following him is a green-haired individual with her famous black hat with a huge flower.]

MEGAN MARIOT
So, ladies and gentlemen, these are the elusive lovebirds ā€“

EMMA MATIA
(waving hands in front of her face) No, no. As my fans know, Iā€™m still happily single.

MEGAN MARIOT
(without losing a beat) Damon Ito and Emma Matia. This famous couple ā€“

EMMA MATIA
(sigh) Could you stop twisting the facts? Iā€™m single ā€“ there is nothing between me and him.

MEGAN MARIOT
(ignores) has been working together in the musical, Dreams of a Past Spring. This musical, which was written specifically for these two, will be giving its first show in a few months. Tickets are selling fast and furiously, is that right, Damon?

DAMON ITO
(smoothly) Yes. We are in debt to the wonderful citizens of Throme for supporting us in that way. We look forward to presenting this theatrical masterpiece and hope that everyone goes out to watch it.

EMMA MATIA
(elbows Damon) Pfft, youā€™re starting to sound like one of your publicists, Damon. (to the camera) But that said, you should bring all of your friends and watch. Come on, itā€™ll be one of the first times ever that you guys have ever heard Damon sing.

[The cell phone vibrates and the camera switches to a view of the message, as Megan Mariot reads it out loud to the two costars.]

MEGAN MARIOT
Our first question! (reading) Does Noel Delari have some competition in Emma Matia?

[The camera returns to the view of the two celebrities and Megan Mariot. Emma Matia seems curiously annoyed, wearing the hat, and casting her eyes in shadow. Damon Ito is wearing a slight half-smile.]

DAMON ITO
I believe this question is aimed towards me, correct? (looks at Megan) Of course, if Noel is your best friend, I wouldnā€™t want to be answering a question meant for you -

MEGAN MARIOT
No, no, go on. Iā€™m sure our viewers are just as excited as I am to hear your answer. I mean ā€“ your love for Noel is so obvious, but I wonder what placing another female into your life, and in such a way too, will impact your relationship.

DAMON ITO
(hesitantly) I can say for certain there will only be one love in my lifeā€¦ and even if the world sticks other people in my path, Iā€™ll remain true to her.

EMMA MATIA
(laughs) I didnā€™t know you were such a romantic.

DAMON ITO
(uncharacteristically tentative) Itā€™s a side of me that few people get to see.

[The cell phone rings again, and another message appears on the board. It has many red hearts everywhere and random emoticons.]

MEGAN MARIOT
(surprised - reading) Will you m-marry me, Damon?

DAMON ITO
(laughs) Do you seriously want to marry me, Megan?

MEGAN MARIOT
(laughs as well) Well, no, youā€™re not my type.

DAMON ITO
(playfully acts to be upset) What a denial! Youā€™re broken my heart, Megan.

EMMA MATIA
(punches Damon in the shoulder) Stop it, Damon! Youā€™re making a fool out of yourself. Iā€™m almost embarrassed to call myself a costar.

MEGAN MARIOT
(looks up at the time) Thereā€™s just one more time for the last question before the couple has to be get back to their rehearsal. (reading) Emma ā€“ you have recently released a new album. Whatā€™s your favorite song on it?

EMMA MATIA
(surprised) Well, my favorite song must have been ā€œResonance.ā€ Itā€™s chipper beat and catchy tune must have integrated itself into my memory a little too well. I was humming it everywhere that I went!

MEGAN MARIOT
Oh, yes. I remember that song ā€“ I think itā€™s one of the songs that Iā€™ve played most since I got the album!

EMMA MATIA
(surprised) Oh, Megan, I didnā€™t know that you were a fan!

MEGAN MARIOT
(laughs) Who isnā€™t a fan of your music? But as our lovebirds have a nest that they have to fly to, so itā€™s time for them to leave. After a short segment where people show you new products, letā€™s show you some of the highlights from the past week.

The camera zooms out of the table, before the same opening notes are played in reverse. The screen goes black, before a picture of Sagaro Mall is shown. Text starts to scroll down the picture as peaceful classical music plays. ā€˜Hanging out with friends, looking for some fun? Then, Sagaro is for you! No matter if youā€™re young or older, there has to be something for you to do here!ā€™ More advertisements play, detailing objects from detergent to a new brand of chocolate candies. The opening song for Throme News Station plays again after a few minutes, and Megan Mariot is back on screen.]

MEGAN MARIOT
I hope you didnā€™t all get bored and leave because the best parts are coming up soon. Do you recall the craze last week for all things purple?

[The camera shows a quick slideshow of pictures: Noel Delari wearing a purple gown at some fashion show, a black-haired man with violet eyes scowling at the camera while strangely wearing only black, Damon Ito and a purple silk scarf, a brown-haired man looking off-screen with a purple bowler hat, and a shorter woman in a lavender jacket.]

MEGAN MARIOT
(continuing) Well, last Tuesday, someone had the nerve to spray paint the entire grassy area in front of City Hall an atrociously noxious bright purple. Six people ended up arriving at The Servitatious Medical Center due to complications with the color ā€“ I can totally understand. Having it right outside the window made it extraordinarily hard to concentrate.

[An image of the before mentioned grass is shown as well as a smaller profile picture of the mayor.]

MEGAN MARIOT
I can totally understand why our beloved Aline Cosette would be seen taking as much time away from her office as she possibly can as theyā€™re cleaning up the mess. When bothered at his house, the famous ā€˜Judge of Thromeā€™ has shouted a few sentences that he thinks are necessary for those that have done these heinous deeds.

JUDGE OF THROME (voiceover)
(angrily) The federal offense is up to six years in prison and a minimum fine of 25,000 Argen.

MEGAN MARIOT
And then, as usual, that was all that we could get out of the Judge. Heā€™s so hard to find these days, probably busy in one of his courts or whatever he does. (smiles) That one voiceover has been everywhere in the internet ā€“ due to his fan base, of course. As usual, theyā€™re still asking for that one double issue with him and his sister, so weā€™d better go and support him. Anyways, our reporters found her in Cherry Grove Park going over the recent plans for the new statue. Letā€™s head over there~

[It fades to a familiar scene - the same commotion in the park during the fieldtrip for the high school students from Cenriel Academy. The camera pans to the face of a woman with blond-hair and chic glasses. Around her, a few glimpses of random passersby can be seen, one of them a high school student with black hair and blue eyes. Two different crowds of students are seen next to their teachers.]

REPORTER A
This is Cherry Grove Park and Iā€™m here with Thromeā€™s mayor, Aline Cosette. Miss Cosette, what is the plan for the new statue to be placed right here where we are standing?

ALINE COSETTE
(pleased) Well, itā€™s a statue of Emisery Krockett, to thank him for his contributions in supporting the schooling for Throme. He is one of the founders of the legendary Nivcien Science Corporations and products from his company are everywhere. Heā€™s been a great help to the city as well by helping keep Throme more eco-friendly, and it was deemed fitting that Mister Krockett was to be honored with a statue in this park.

REPORTER A
What is it going to look like?

ALINE COSETTE:
I canā€™t say yet; weā€™ve all been sworn to secrecy. (winks) But I can tell you that itā€™s going to be made of bronze, and itā€™s going to look great and tie in with the scenery. Of course, if you want to be the first one to see it, weā€™re going to officially unveil it on Sunday.

REPORTER A
I hope that Iā€™ll be able to contain my curiosity for that long. What are your feelings about the spray painting of the lawn?

ALINE COSETTE
(firmly) It was an unforgivable act of destruction and I hope that the culprits will turn themselves into the police soon. Not only were they destroying the public order, but the damage has ruined some of Throme's historical treasures. I hope that nothing of the like happens again.

REPORTER A
Yes, it was quite horrible. Who do you think was behind it?

ALINE COSETTE
(shrugs) Iā€™m going to withhold any comments for now. It would be bad for the justice system of Throme if I mistakenly blamed someone else.

REPORTER A
(nods) That seems wise. Mayor, are there any other events coming up lately?

ALINE COSETTE
(smiles) Now, now, I canā€™t be telling you secrets already. Youā€™ll see when we announce it, but I can promise that itā€™ll be spectacular. (winks)

[The park fades from view, as the camera zooms to focus back on Megan Mariot, who has discarded her mug of coffee for the time being.]

MEGAN MARIOT
(smiles) Well, thatā€™s all for today. Megan Mariot of Throme News Station, signing off. And I hope that you have a great evening! Itā€™s now 7:59 PM, and the long-awaited for new episode of ā€˜Dreams of Loveā€™ will be airing soon. I know that Iā€™ll be tuning in, but will you?

FADE OUT
*~Nivosity~*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nivosity
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!