Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Return of Netharzeem

The Return of Netharzeem

a part of “The Return of Netharzeem”, a fictional universe by Saxious.

Aeons ago, Netharzeem was defeated and exiled to a plane from which he could never escape. Now, mortals seek to free him by opening a gateway.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Return of Netharzeem”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Return of Netharzeem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:55 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Return of Netharzeem"

Alright folks, so this is where we will have our OOC, and general discussions. The OOC part is still in development, I don't know if you guys wants to have an individual thread for the good/evil characters.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Return of Netharzeem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:25 am

Saxious my good man, might you enlighten me to your rules governing mages/wizards/warlocks and other magic users?
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:06 am

Hey Irish, glad that you asked, they're rather simple, as long as you don't come with an over powered wizard you're good, magic (in general) drains your energy (by energy I mean, your physical energy) the older and more experienced your character is the more used he/she is to the drainage and thus can extend his/hers normal capacity.

That's roughly it, I trust that the player who choses to be a magician will hav enough common sense to know how to play.

Oh, and I forgot, I don't mind that you have a few combat spells that doesn't require any verbal magical words or preparations, but as long as they're not too powerful (a fireball would be considered fine by me, but just remember you can'y throw them every second during a battle (again, unless you have a very experienced and old character)).

I might add that Divine Magic is something completely different. It depends on how close the person is to their God. Unlike wizards'magic, they don't get drained, but they can't do magic as often, though when they do it is some of the more powerful powers granted to them through soul-heard prayers.

I'll leave the schools and abilities to the players, and thanks for asking, I'll have this posted in the intro as well!

:EDIT:

Tomorrow, I'll post some cities, factions and kingdoms set up tomorrow. Just so we don't have to screw our brains right over every time we have to give a city a name. (Don't know about you guys, but the longer I write, the harder it is to make up original names).

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:19 am

This looks really interesting, I'm just toying around with a couple character ideas before I get a sheet up.

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 am

Mate, take your time.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:30 pm

This looks like fun. I'll have a character up soon. I think have a Ranger perfect for this roleplay.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby utahann on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Do all pictures have to be of real people or are drawings,anime,game art,etc. allowed?
Have a nice day!

utahann
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Excellent, then I shall play as a pair of brothers, wizards, one rather good and one kinda evil. Mahahahaha!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Irish, are you planning on playing both of the brothers? I was thinking of going for a wizard character, and brotherly conflict is always interesting to play :P If I can play one of them, just PM me any info I'd need to know about them. Otherwise I'll go for something a bit different

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:30 pm

@utahann: No, you can be free to use what you want. I want to avoid too much anime, but if is a good description of your character, sure, go ahead!

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Alright, characters are submitted.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gezzygezzy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Question!: By any chance can a person host a god, but, not know it until the end battle? Because if so, I was going to have a girl that was hosting the jester god that stopped Netharzeem. If she did this then I could PM you about the details.
And we're all just a little insane...

gezzygezzy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 am

Lets take this discussion to the PM. It sounds interesting, but...Remember, a girl who hosts even a small essence of a God is bound to be under extreme pain (if not extreme mutation), for such powers is rarely held by mortals.

@Irish: Both characters are accepted.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:01 am

Huzzah, magical brothers!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:44 am

Alright, I've added a thread which includes the basic Goals/Plot of the RP (I'm aware they may be a bit one sided, I hope you can see it as I do, but I'm always open for criticism).
Goals of the Good, the Bad, the Confused.
It has been divided up into the two sides we'll have, all players will know roughly what we will do and we won't have any sudden surprises/shifts from the main idea.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:40 am

I've submitted my character, tell me what you think Saxious

Aftershock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:11 pm

I thank you for the invite, Saxious. It's been awhile since I picked up my old friends, pencil and paper, but I suppose I could have a go at this. There is quite a bit on my plate as of late, but I'm sure I could find time for this. In other words, count me in.

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:33 am

:ANNOUNCEMENT:

1) This RP will start this Friday, and will remain open for newer characters.

2) You're free to start off anywhere you'd like. You can form already known alliances, start off in the same town, etc.

3) Irish Wolf's two wizard characters will start off with the OTHER half of The Ancient Summoning Spell. So you know where to start off.
....a) Additionally, I'll have my Hero character up by then.

4) Gezzygezzy's character is under VERY special rules. I'll leave it to her whether she wants to expose all her plans, but whatever the case, your characters won't know this ;)

5) Have problems getting into a group? PM me and I'll have something arranged for you (remember, I a character on both sides).
....a) Help each other, and please don't start fighting like children. Real adults use swords these days (Nah, kidding. But you know what I mean).

More rules will be added later, however they will be common sense, so skim through them when you can be bothered. there is one rule that I'd like everyone to read (once I've managed to write it out in full), and I'll notify you all when it is out.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:18 am

Sorry for the double post, but just to inform everyone that the IC is up and running.
I made it a post-by-post thread so everyone can see it when someone posts (I think it will be easier until RPG finds a way to alert us when someone posts in the Tap)

The Return of Netharzeem IC

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gezzygezzy on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:39 am

I am on my phone right now but will try to get ahold of a computer to post with.

gezzygezzy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!