Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Graffiti Wars

The Graffiti Wars: Gang Ranking System

a part of “The Graffiti Wars”, a fictional universe by reveries.

Despite their conflicts down the years, they've both had a single thing in common: their love for art. But the two gangs that color the streets of the New York undergrounds, may have to put aside their mutual passions when they cannot forgive and forget.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Graffiti Wars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Graffiti Wars: Gang Ranking System

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reveries on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 pm

A question was brought to me, and caught my attention.

Since the Depictioners and the Hounds are technically still gangs, not official organizations or anything, being somewhat like the Mafia could bring things like this into consideration. They're both underground gangs whose members just have a great passion for art. So they need organization, yes? And so comes brought forth a ranking system. Both the Depictioners and the Hounds would probably vary on their ranks, but this is good idea of I imagine it to be:

• LEADER(S)- The founder, or person who naturally takes charge with their own leadership. Whether by personality-wise or mutual respect.
  • OFFICER(S)- Members who have been around longer, and generally make sure that the newbies don't get too crazy.
  • BLACK - The OFFICERS who take care of betrayers, ex-members, threats to the gang. The main ones who give the gangs a more violent image.
  • WHITE- The OFFICERS who take care of the government issues, supervisors to testings and member initiations and group projects.
  • PLANK(S)- Members who do not have any authority to make important decisions; been around for about a year or more. Are superior to the newbies.
  • NEW(BIE(S)- Self explanatory. Are officially PLANKS after gaining some rep. and being in the gang after a test and a year.

However, this is just something that's a bit crazy. The Leader thing is a definite, but I think it's best to be up to everyone to decide whether you'd like this. Your choice guys.

On another note. I haven't been exactly clear as to how they came into existence, and so Black Officers and White Officers (I'm still pending on those titles.. Lame? And, whether the ranking system stands) would weed out the bad ones, and the Leader generally picks out the ones for the official initiations, where from there is much, much harder work.

I don't think that this would be absolutely necessary to place in the Introduction. Unfortunately, this would involve you guys having to decide what rank your characters would be, unless you don't mind. Anyway, you should decide after your character is accepted, so yeah. If indecisive, I could always determine you character's rank -- if needed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

reveries
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!