Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The King's Gambit

The King's Gambit

a part of “The King's Gambit”, a fictional universe by Arietta.

Some troubled folks are taken to play a twisted game of chess.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The King's Gambit”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The King's Gambit

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:37 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The King's Gambit"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arietta
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The King's Gambit

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceMoon96 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:11 am

May I reserve the White Pawns? (Could it be a female character?)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IceMoon96
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BaconPies on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:26 am

Could I reserve the White Knight?

BaconPies
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Planter777 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:11 pm

May I please be the White Rooks?

Planter777
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anansi on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Sounds intriguing. I'd like to play Black Pawns and/or Black Rooks if that's alright with you. I'm a bit of a chess fanatic.

Anansi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Putting up all reservations (+ someone else, who requested the black knights).

@Icemoon96: Sure, female characters are fine. :)

@Anansi: I'll put you down for Black Pawns (unless you want Rooks more?), since you wrote that first. If no one else joins, you're free to take the other role as well.

Arietta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Rats...just submitted a character for Black Knight before reading this new post. Well, in that case, please put the character down for Black in general...or White...whatever works, this concept sounds awesome :)

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anansi on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:28 pm

I'll play the Pawns, thanks Arietta. My favorite thing in chess is turning a pawn into a queen.

Anansi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 pm

@sparkleshine: I'll put you down as Black Bishop or Rook, then? Just edit the character to match whichever you'd prefer, and I'll approve it (the rest looks fine to me, but it'd be nice if you could lengthen it a bit). Sorry that I can't approve it now; I don't want anyone else to get confused if we have doubles on a role for a bit. >.<

@Anansi: Haha, me too - though I usually promote to a knight or bishop, just for the fun of it. Good luck with your character.

Arietta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:44 am

Black Rook it is, then! I'll go amend my app now.

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oetunianne on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:19 am

Angel cheeked over and updated hope i can join
ice caster

oetunianne
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Could I play the black bishops? I don't have enough time to fill out a character sheet tonight, but tomorrow I can give you a character.

LSunday
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Angry Penguin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:11 pm

May I reserve white bishop? I'll submit a character sheet in the next day or two, a little short on time for today.

The Angry Penguin
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderFormality on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Can I be the white queen? I will have a character sheet in an hour or two.

UnderFormality
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:03 pm

@oetunianne and UnderFormality: Please both submit your bios - I'm not really the kind of person who operates on first-come, first-serve, even if I do make reservations. I'll judge based on length and quality.

@The Angry Penguin: Sorry, someone messaged me to reserve the white bishop. >.<

@LSunday: Alright, I'll reserve it. ^^

Arietta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Angry Penguin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Yep. Let me know if a slot opens.

The Angry Penguin
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I actually can't do this. You can free up the other bishop slot. sorry, everyone!

LSunday
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:31 am

Black Bishops, Black Pawns, and White Knight have been reopened - check the main page for an up-to-date list (I've also updated the rules thanks to grammar mistakes or poor writing in character bios - please see rules 6 and 7).

I also made a post - by accident. Please ignore it; I'll make sure everyone knows when the roleplay does begin.

Arietta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Angry Penguin on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Ugh, sorry. I was going to post my character sheet today but it logged me out in the middle of typing it so everything was lost and didn't go through. I should get to rewrite it tomorrow.

The Angry Penguin
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietta on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Don't worry about it, your reservation still holds. ^^

Arietta
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!