Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mass Effect: On the Edge

Mass Effect: On the Edge

a part of “Mass Effect: On the Edge”, a fictional universe by The Ghost Writer.

A Mass Effect fan fiction chronicling an elite Cerberus outfit.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mass Effect: On the Edge”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Mass Effect: On the Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ghost Writer on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:12 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Mass Effect: On the Edge"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"Don't concern yourself with the dead too much, Commander... There may too be much of it to handle if you do."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Ghost Writer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Mass Effect: On the Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:59 am

Awww yeah, this thing looks right up my alley. I'd love to join! I'm assuming all characters should more than likely be human since its a Cerberus Operation? I've already got a character taking shape in my head just got another quick question though. Would ya mind terribly if he's heavily inspired by gears of war? Figured the Onyx Guard armor from 3 looks like something fresh outta Mass Effect so I was gunna use that for my character. Might have another reference or two from the game. I'm not gunna like straight up be Marcus Fenix or anything but just figured I'd ask before going through the trouble of making the app.
I should go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ghost Writer on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:03 pm

That's perfectly fine by me. Although I'm not limiting characters to being all human. Villayn and his two lieutenants are turians after all. Send in your character sheet when you're ready.

The Ghost Writer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThePsycoWarlock on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Howdy everyone! You still accepting?

ThePsycoWarlock
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ghost Writer on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 pm

We are. Just be sure to read the rules and submit a character profile if you're interested. I'll discuss all new applications with my team of veteran writers.

The Ghost Writer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ghost Writer on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:31 am

I'm currently working on gaining access to my abilities to send PM's, so if you're waiting on me to respond to something, bear in mind that it's because my account is still new enough to be pin-pointed for additional screening. Everyone has to do their part to fight terrorism, right?

Also, I'll be sure to hook everyone that is interested in joining up with the original publications-so-far of On the Edge... once the po-po realizes I'm not even from the Middle East... and that I actually kill terrorists, rather than sleep with them.

Boy, talk about racial profiling there, right?

The Ghost Writer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guilty Carrion on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:36 am

Oh GW, you so racist.

Mention me, and I'll kill you in your sleep with a battleaxe.
Glory to the Carrion and Death to the Guilty!

Guilty Carrion
Member for 12 years
Author Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ghost Writer on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:46 am

Try it, GC. Try it.

The Ghost Writer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ghost Writer on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:41 pm

The Introduction tab now includes a link to the entire original publications of Mass Effect: On the Edge. I've temporarily dubbed this file "First Season", though I honestly cannot say where a supposed "season" would end if there was ever a "first". The file is saved as a docx and can be opened using Microsoft Word or most conventional word processors. The entire document consists of 354 pages (single-spaced, 11pt Calibri font) and 204,054 words. Not to brag or anything, but a standard novel is at least 30,000 words, and Stephen King's "standard" is 45,000 words. I believe its safe to say that my authors and I have blown those standards out of the water.

Now, as a warning, the "posts" have not been organized in a manner that reveals the authors of the posts. The entire document is a continuous story, using only simple gray line breaks to show either momentary lapses in time, or definitive transitions between original posts. There are no fancy chapter titles, or page numbers. In the future, I might upload a more "pretty" document for your reading pleasure. For now... that's too much work.

The Ghost Writer
Member for 12 years

Re: Mass Effect: On the Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrandedOne on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:15 am

Hello. I've always liked Mass Effect, and I am interested in trying this RP if you are accepting characters still. My Forum RP experience is quite low though, so I'll try my best to live up to standards.

BrandedOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThornGood on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Hey, I'm a really big fan of Mass Effect and I shall start reading your novel like now and I'm really interested to join this, have you still got places? If yes, do you have a Character Skeleton?

ThornGood
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi there, The Afterman here, obviously, big fan of Mass Effect.

I've been regarding this roleplay for a few days and, well, I'd like to join. I just need to know one little thing before I start: are all characters submitted required to be part of Cerberus? That's really the only thing I haven't deciphered (although I have a tendency to overlook things.)

Other than that, I'll get to reading over everything that has happened so far, and I'll submit a character for inspection (that is, if you are still accepting at this point in time.)

That's all for now. I'll start up my incredibly long read.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ghost Writer on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 am

I apologize to those that posted in this thread several months ago requesting to join. Apparently, I don't receive e-mail notifications whenever someone posts in these OOC threads.

If you're still interested in joining, please send me a personal PM; I get e-mail notifications for those and will be able to respond in a more timely manner. Please note that, if accepted, you will not be able to start contributing to the IC story until "season 3" begins (after the current battle on Ontarom).

Thank you for your patience.

The Ghost Writer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reaper2707 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 am

I already sent a character profile but I would love to join. I'm new to this website and I still can't figure out the PM system because it doesn't seem to let me send the PMs. I'm a huge mass effect fan and would absolutely love this.

Reaper2707
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ghost Writer on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi Reaper,

Thanks for the application, but you'll have to hold off for a bit until we complete Season 2 (after the current battle taking place). It should only be one or two more posts.

As far as the character you submitted: our main concern is the severe psychological state of your krogan. It doesn't offer any room for him to be apart of Oracle or, especially, Cerberus. If, perhaps, you could make him to be a little more stable (as if krogan are ever stable), then he might be able to be apart of Oracle when Season 3 starts. We already have one krogan on a Cerberus ship, and considering, canonically, the organization isn't too fond of aliens, another krogan would be one too many.

I will decline the application for now with these notes copied into the reason so you may refine the character for re-submission.

The Ghost Writer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reaper2707 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:50 am

I will work on the Krogan but I sent a brand new character who might be easier to incorporate into the story.

Reaper2707
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FollowerOfDarkPaths on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 am

Excuse me, is this roleplay at full capacity?

FollowerOfDarkPaths
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Salad Tongs on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Are you still accepting new characters? I've been looking for a Mass Effect group for a while..

Salad Tongs
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Sat May 18, 2013 5:55 am

This looks really good! Still accepting or is it full?

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm

I would like to join this Rp but seeing as most of the character roster is owned by a small amount of players I see that its focused on a small group layout.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!