Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

On the Wings of a Dream

On the Wings of a Dream

a part of “On the Wings of a Dream”, a fictional universe by Bani.

You wake up in a strange place, you can't remember anything but something tells you you're better off this way. And then you find a strange person is trailing you, offering you their 'help'. Can you trust them? Can you afford not to? Literate/Semi-Lit RP.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “On the Wings of a Dream”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] On the Wings of a Dream

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Feel free to ask any questions!

Some things to note before you ask a question:

Character Appearance /Gender:
You can make your own characters whatever gender you want. Make the Queen of Spades a male and I won't say a thing.

As for Chains with animal roles (Dormouse, White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat, Caterpillar etc etc)
Your character can look like anything you want to, I personally would prefer humans. (because lets admit it, a talking dormouse or rabbit would be too hilarious and adorable and get people all distracted - at least me, I don't know about others xD) They turn into animal forms only when they themselves (and not their Contractors) are using their power as a Chain. If you want to have the ability to transform outside that, its your prerogative! The role you have won't decide your appearance.

Chain-related Stuff:
'Chain' basically means all Wonderlanders with special powers, who have the power to make Contracts.

All Chains are not bound to make a Contract with an Alice Candidate. The ones mentioned in the Character List (located in the Introduction to the actual RP) who are exempt from this are the two Queens, Knave of Hearts and the White Rabbit. But the Queen of Hearts makes one anyway.

Chains other than those mentioned in the CL can exist, but they can't make contracts with an Alice candidate,

This one's for player-made Chains and the Chains who are exempted from making Contracts with an Alice Candidate (White Rabbit, Knave of Hearts and the two Queens):
However, if you want a Contractor and can find a human other than an Alice candidate, that's actually fine. You just have to make it look plausible because not everyone can enter Wonderland.

A Chain can forge multiple Contracts ( but not Contracts with multiple Alice candidates), but they lose some of their own life force while making each Contract, and Chains with multiple Contractors are sensitive to every pain of their Contractor.

If you have any questions outside these, feel free to ask! I don't bite... well, not usually, anyway! And don't feel shy about asking, questions are always good. It means you care enough to find out.
Last edited by Bani on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
All our tears and scars are beautiful - because they make us what we are today.

Monsters exist. They live inside ordinary people. And sometimes, they win.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bani
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] On the Wings of a Dream

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:41 pm

I'd like to reserve Cheshire if that's alright.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walking-travesty on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 pm

May I reserve the Mad Hatter?

Walking-travesty
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby *~Bubbi~Chan~* on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:04 pm

May i reserve a Alice candidate? Please and thank chu!

~Bubbi-chan <3

*~Bubbi~Chan~*
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syn_Maxwell on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Could I reserved a alice candidate?
"Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave." ~ Jareth from Labyrinth

Syn_Maxwell
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 4ever_dreaming on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Could I reserve the March Hare, please? Thank you(:

~ 4ever
I can't control them: these things that I see. . . It's too much, at times, but I would never wish them away. . . No matter what I do, I'll be forever dreaming. . .

4ever_dreaming
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bashie L. Craft on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:24 am

Can I reserve the dormouse?

Bashie L. Craft
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 am

Alright to everyone who asked to reserve, and thank you^^
Reserves last for two days.
Wow, I just realised how much information I forgot to give out. This is why I shouldn't be allowed online at night otl.
I just expanded the information so people would have a better idea of the world the roleplay takes place in, and updated a profile skeleton for Chains (not too different from humans, but a few changes) and the Chain field in human profiles, so please check it out again. Extremely sorry to bother you^^""

Bani
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:44 am

May I reserve an Alice? I submitted the character, working on the avatar image, at school so it's difficult ^^; I'll have it by the evening...

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:36 am

To Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan: Character accepted^^ Thanks!

Bani
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bashie L. Craft on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:59 am

Is it alright if I make a dormouse a girl?

Bashie L. Craft
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:09 am

Of course^^ You can make your character of whatever gender you want.

Bani
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bashie L. Craft on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:41 pm

I hope it's all right that my character looks like a female human as well. Or should I find a mouse?I'll need a another extension please, i'm really busy.

Bashie L. Craft
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukipyon on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:56 pm

I actually want to be White Rabbit but I'm confused on what his role is... :S
Is he a Chain or does he do jobs for the Queen (e.g. Her messenger or a guide for candidates)?
And is he completely royal to the Queen?
Does he have the ability to switch between human and rabbit?

Sorry If I'm asking for too many questions, I just want to make sure the character is good enough. Orz
Oh, and please reserve that slot. XD

Lukipyon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 am

To Bashie and Lukipyon: (because this is a common question) Your character can look like anything you want to, I personally would prefer humans. (because lets admit it, a talking dormouse or rabbit would be too hilarious and adorable and get people all distracted - at least me, I don't know about others xD) They turn into dormouse/ rabbits only when they themselves (and not their Contractors) are using their power as a Chain. If you want to have the ability to transform outside that, its your prerogative! The role you have won't decide your appearance. Sorry for not making that clear ^^;;

To Bashie: Its fine, I understand. -glares at her own life- And you can have that extension for as long as you like, I know how its like to be insanely busy^^

To Lukipyon: 'Chain' basically means all Wonderlanders with special powers, so the White Rabbit is one as well, and has the power to make Contracts. But the White Rabbit isn't bound to an Alice candidate. However, if you want a Contractor and can find a human other than an Alice candidate, that's actually fine. You just have to make it look plausible because not everyone can enter Wonderland.
The Queen mostly sends her messages to other Chains through him (I am assuming its a him since you referred to him as such ^^;; ) and treats him like her own Personal Assistant, but the reality is the White Rabbit is pretty powerful himself.
Whether he's loyal to the Queen or just bears with her for his own ends is up to you. I don't believe in restricting players ^_^
As said in the first paragraph addressed to both you and Bashie, (but I'm repeating in case you missed it)
They turn into dormouse/ rabbits only when they themselves (and not their Contractors) are using their power as a Chain. If you want to have the ability to transform outside that, its your prerogative!

Also, don't feel bad, asking questions is a good thing! It means you care enough about the RP to ask questions, instead of just blindly guessing, right? ^o^

Bani
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukipyon on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 am

Allrriieett, thanks for clearing up things! I know what to do for him now. >:3
I thought it would be nice to be able to transform, thought it would be useful when he's sending around messenges/ doings jobs and such. :L
I'll be a Contractor if there aren't enough or somebody wants the White Rabbit personally :)
Yayayay, I'll get it posted up by the end of today. I hope >w<

Lukipyon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotSoHeartless on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Just wanted to point out that thanks to this RP I've discovered the anime 'Pandora Hearts', which helps a lot with what to expect from this RP. So, thanks Bani, for the new obsession. I finished the anime within 2 days. XD

NotSoHeartless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bashie L. Craft on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:56 am

I entered my character, If you want me to do anything. Just tell. :)

Bashie L. Craft
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:18 am

Thanks for accepting Eve. Just asking, a 'contractor' means an Alice, right? Also, when are we starting? If you need, I can submit another character.
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 am

If needed I can double up as any of these if you cannot find one;

- Caterpillar
-Queen of Spades
-Another Alice

^-^ I kinda want a darker role to contrast to Rhiannon anyway x3.

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!