Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Seven Day War

The Seven Day War

a part of “The Seven Day War”, a fictional universe by Wheatley.

When a war rages against the Virelian on the continent of Zerin, a coastal city is suddenly swept up into battle, and forced to fight for their lives. [Roleplayers Needed!]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Seven Day War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Seven Day War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Helllooo People! :D

If you want to make any reservations, just toss a post here, and I'll eagerly await your character!

If you have any questions I am ALL ears...>:D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wheatley
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Seven Day War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Count me in as interested, possibly as the Captain of the Guard. Or maybe as a Cog, since I love muskets and early firearms and stuff... but that era's naval stuff was cool too... Hrm. And Adventurer-Mailman is such an interesting concept... Hard decision, argh!

If I go captain, I'll have to consciously force myself not to make Sam Vimes, though. :x

I just hope this gets enough people for it to work well...
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Hydrall! I'm interested in what character you would make! :D

I'm sorry to say that the Captain of the Guard is now being reserved for Mavz. (But really, that just opens up your choices at this point :P)

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:15 pm

FIRSTLY!

I would love to be part of this roleplay. It's wonderfully detailed, and has a glorious setting in which I enjoy.

Although, I do have a few questions.

When thinking of the 'Steampunk' era, one thinks of steam engines; mostly the locomotive... because, well, it was one of the biggest steam-powered inventions. But the point isn't the steam engine in itself...but rather the co-existing technology - primarily those of firearms. Revolvers, shotguns, and rifles were all in their beginning stages, making flintlock, doglock, matchlock, and wheellock weapons inferior. Think about a train hijacking in the wild west; the bandits carried revolvers and shotguns, right? Besides... I think it would be unfair to have magic fighting Flintlocks, whom would have to carry a powder-horn, and lead. One well-placed fireball would prove the powder to be a bomb. Not to mention that the reloading time of Flintlock weapons is ABYSMAL, even when not frantically dodging spells flung out by the mage's guild. And before you bring up 'carrying more than one pistol', how many people would go out with six or seven five pound pistols pistols on their body?

I suppose the short version is: Why Flintlock weapons? Shouldn't steampunk weaponry be more advanced? Especially since Diesel-punk, a small step above steampunk, a Thompson Submachine gun is considered a valid weapon for such a time-era.

Nextly so, you seem to favor realistic pictures over that of anime or drawing. Do you have a preference on those which go into our profile?

Also, do you have a limit to how many characters we may create?

Under the 'magic', chastity must be retained in nobles to keep their magics? Poor sods. I guess that's why nobles always grow up to be perverted hermits. However! The more underlying question is how EXTREME magic can get. Can people melt steel with their fire magics? Bring the dead back to life with holy ones? Give just a little more detail on them.

You've not included much information on goblins! Would you care at all if I filled in the blanks?

And that's all I can think of right now.... would you care to answer these questions?
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Holy good introduction, Batman. Haha, that was great! I'd love to be a part of this roleplay.(: Could I reserve the princess? And is there anything I need to know about the royal family before I start writing, or can I just assume she'd be like any fantasy princess?
don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars.

Reianna
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:37 am

Mavz, How could you do this to me.I wanna be the captain! Grrrr.....
Well... If i can't become the captain no one can!! Muahahahaha!!!!
nah... just kidding.
Reserve the beggar character for me plz.

anyways how does this backstory sound:
this character was the great Pirate BlackWater(aka 'The Masked One'). but he was betrayed by his men and lost his ship. so now he is a beggar in the big city. his current plan is to kill the man whose ships destroyed his, the captain of the barracks(thats what he was told by the other beggars)
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pathfinder Z on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 am

I would love to be a knight =D Royal guard FTW!
All alone and the fire grows

pathfinder Z
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 360Tan on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:45 am

Hello wheatley (I can see why you havn't posted yet :x)

I am very interested in this RP, expecially in the Circle of Cogs. However, much like Vio I feel have to agree that the weapondry of steampunk was fairly more advanced them simple flintlock. Thompsan's are a bit much for this kind of RP, but it's easy to say that this kind of weapondry was never invented. Early rifles would be around in such an era and the very nature of steam and disel punk technology is the imaganitive weapondry and tech that the imagination can make up.

My only addition to Vio's questions is, can you break down the ranks of the Cogs a bit more then just naming them. Obviously the Master Mechanic is the head of the guild, but who are the Aces? What is there job description? For the other levels of members, what are the rough capabilities of each level of member?

I look forward to making a charater for the Cogs though, I just need some information.

BTW, Hi Vio. oh and were about 29 posts into Zorgath Wheatley.

360Tan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nltniko on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Hey RP looks awesome.
I'd like to reserve a mercenary spot. Maybe i can get a friend to join as well.
Fortuna favet fortibus

nltniko
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Hehe, sorry I saw it last night and have been struggling with his profile for the last three hours. Most of that time was just trying to find a picture of who might pass off as a reasonably good guard. I ended up going a bit more 'historical' then 'steampunk' and I hope that's alright. If the weaponry is changed to allow different types of weapons I may want to edit my character a bit. I gave him a flintlock pistol but if a gun with a magazine that supports bullets or a gun that isn't single-shot is allowed then I may want to change Creighton's gun, if possible. I'll be honest, my steampunk knowledge is very limited :P

Mavz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Okay, so I changed my mind. I'd fail miserably at roleplaying a princess, and I've kind of lost interest with that role. I'm still submitting a character, but she'll belong to a different faction.

Reianna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Damn sleeping, got to wake up to this... 0.0 Bring on the questions! >:D

@Vio - Agreed...Flintlock rifles and pistols loading time is abysmal, and could possibly bog down combat but I can imagine thompson weapons kicking too much ass Especially since they'll some looting of advanced tech from slain Virelian. So I'd like to make a motion for the happy medium, with the technology of firearms going from flintrok weaponry into an era semi-automatic pistols/revolvers/rifles, double barrel shotguns, and bolt-action rifles.

I do have a preference for reilistic pictures over anime but as long as it describes the character it's okay with me. (I'm actually a big fan of drawings if they're well drawn)

I don't have a limit but I strongly recommend one or two. (Only if one can handle it though.)

I want Magic to be a little extreme but to achieve the level to melt metal would only be accomplished by the Arcane Master and by a lesser level, his apprentices, the Archmages. (After all, metal doesn't just fly apart.) Actually, that would be interesting for Holy Magics to raise the dead, I thank you for the idea :)

I would love you to fill in the blanks on goblins Vio! IMPORTANT NOTE: Since you seem to have a much larger grasp on technologies then I do, do you want rule join me in GMing this project of mine?

@TheFinalOne The captain of the barracks would technically be the captain of the guard (Mavz Character) so I'd love to see that conflict. Welcome! :D

@360Tan - Ah! Sorry but I'm glad you can understand! (I'll put up a post as soon as I can)

Right, The Master mechanic IS the head of the guild. The Aces are his direct apprentices so when he/she dies and trust me they'll die, one of the aces would be appointed to the Master Mechanic, but it's not publicly known. The Aces do NOT assist with the Master Mechanic because he/she knows they may leak evidence of the dangerous stuff he makes. Trust me, he makes awesome stuff.

A master mechanic can create a mechanical limbs in under four hours (provided the right materials) whereas the skill of four Aces and a doctor for 24 hours can make the same limb. The intricate details in mechanics is mastered by the Master Mechanic while the Aces are learning the intricate details.

Mechanics handle the bulk of stuff, altercations to weapons, repairs, firearms, ship engines, weaponry for ships, etc, etc.

Metal masters often smith the processed materials, a blacksmith with a "special touch", who can create screws & cogs in all shapes and sizes and are excellent in the creation of clockwork and create most simple small-scale gadgetry.

Metalman/woman are beginners, often learning the basics in clockwork, new into the field of mechanics, and learn on a trail on error process.

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:06 pm

I am now sputtering with glee about the change of weaponry, just in case you wanted to know haha.

@The Final One, bring it :D

Mavz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Out of curiosity, do you have a plan for all the characters to come together/meet each other (seeing as they come from all different walks of life)? Or will that be mainly character driven?

Reianna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Welp, I'll go for an Adventurer then. Which means I'll have to consciously avoid making Lag Seeing. :D

Adventuring Mailmen... I still like that one.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 360Tan on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Awesome, characters coming. I have 2 in the making.

360Tan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:48 pm

@Reianna, All though I do have certain actions/events planned out that I don't want to spoil, it's for partly character-driven, partly me forcing certain characters together. (I recommend interacting with everyone in the RP at least once.)

@Hydrall, I know, it's like someone put peanut butter in my chocolate. :3 (Anyone old enough to remember that?)

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Okay, great.(: I was thinking Tayla could steal from someone and they could notice before she got completely away. Which could be interesting; maybe a chase would ensue. It'd have to be someone able to realize it, though, seeing as she's extremely skilled in thievery. And they couldn't be, or appear to be, poor.

Reianna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zentose on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Could I reserve the High priest/priestess?
Last edited by Zentose on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story."
-Orson Welles

Zentose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:13 pm

@Reianna, Just wait for some more characters to come along and I'm pretty sure you can have your fun then :D

@ Zentose, No problem!

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!