Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War

Characters

a part of “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”, a fictional universe by XxEvil1xX.

The Artomidian National Govt. is fighting a losing war against the more advanced Stratian Republic in a brutal battle for survival. Desperate, the ANG introduces anew prototype aerial armor that soon changes the face of war and blurs the fabric of reality

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 pm

I have been looking over you're guys characters and I am already falling in love with them. I look forward to seeing how their unique and captivating characteristics will craft this story.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Contributor

Re: Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

(If you havent put your combat stats in your profile yet, please do so. It will help me manage combat easier. Refer to Vage Leers profile at the very top for a model template)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Yeah try to stay in the realm of simplicity as best you can. Aint going to lie, I'm going to have to read over that card concept again to understand it better. I do like the idea of reducing a persons chance of attack for one role and inproving your chances of a hit. (but only if it were for one complete phase only unless you rolled a crit again)

Could be that if you roll a critical then for one roll and one roll only that the targeted opposition loses 10 sides on their dice and you gain 10 sides on your dice. (and leave it at that)

Just an idea.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 am

Yeah, but that overly simplifies it and gets rid of the whole skill-card-ification of her powering up while forcing the enemy to power down their weapons in the name of defense, and it also ignores her constant speeding up - symbolized by the extend ability, which I couldn't make "extend only on a crit" due to how ridiculously difficult it would be chain things together, although I did limit somewhat the chances of extending by allowing extension only on a roll of 20 or above - among other things. Really, I just was going for a nice, all around buff ability that could be tactically used over a decent duration. Sorry if it's complicated. X.X

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:12 pm

It's quite okay. I am more of a visual kind of person anyway. So maybe what we can do is I propose you show me in a mock scene when you hit critical. I forgotten you said you had skype or some other messenger? I'd offer to have you show me in our chatroom however for some reason anything put in there gets sent to the post section and I dont want to jack it up.
If not perhaps you could show me in the OOC chatroom.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:37 pm

The ooc section should work fine, or, alternatively, we could just use an OOC thread, such as this, and treat it like actual posts. Really, though, it would go something along the lines of...

Aerionelle rolled 36. Skill Card active.

Enemy rolled 16. Skill Card effect: -2 to roll. End roll: 14.

Aerionelle rolled 19. Skill Card effect: +1 to roll. End roll: 20. Skill Card effect: +1 to damage. End damage: 6. Skill Card effect: Extend.

Enemy rolled 17. Skill Card effect: -2 to roll. End roll, 15. Skill Card extension effect: -1 to damage. End damage: 4.

Aerionelle rolled 35. Skill Card effect: +1 to roll. End roll: 36. Skill Card and Skill Card extension effect: +2 to damage. Critical Hit. End damage: 12. (The crit only doubles base damage, then the extra damage is added, but the +1 to roll can result in a crit if the final roll is the maximum number on the die.) Critical Extend.

Enemy rolled 21. Skill Card effect: -2 to roll. End roll: 19. Skill Card extension, and Skill Card Critical Extension effects: -3 to damage. (-1 from first extend, -2 from Critical extend.) End damage: 2.

Aerionelle rolled 31. Skill Card effect: +1 to roll. End roll: 32. Skill Card, Skill Card Extension, and Skill Card Critical Extension effects: +4 to damage. End damage: 9. Extend. Maximum Extend stacking reached. End bonus from extension: +4 damage (+1, +2, +1) -4 to targeted enemy's damage. (-1, -2, -1)

Enemy rolled 36. Skill Card effect: -1 to roll. NEGATED BY CRITICAL. Skill Card Extension and Skill Card Critical Extension effects: -4 to damage. NEGATED BY CRITICAL. End Roll: 36. End Damage: 10. Skill Card broken.

Note that a critical extend will not happen often at all, and a miss breaking the extension is much, much more likely that this would show, meaning the most extend bonuses I'd likely get would be +2 or so. The rolls have been made the way they are solely to demonstrate every aspect of the card as well as I could think of.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Hmm reach a compromise with you. Alright to say no but here is my pitch:
I like the idea of the extended chain and taking on the additional damage should you get a couple crits in a row. An awesomely clever idea. However if you omit the part about the enemy's probabity decreasing I will allow for everything else.

After carefully reading your well explained demonstration I have came to the conclusion that the original idea is like having two battle cards in one.
I love the idea of the ability to drop an enemies probability down, however I feel it should serve as its own battle card all together. Which you can eventually combine the two at a later level once you earn your 2nd battle card at level 10.

This will avoid dispute and complications with other roleplayers by giving them something easier to comprehend, not having the move be too powerful, and provide for you a goal by giving your move room to grow by stacking it on top of your first battle card at a later time.

Does this sound fair?

(oh btw friendly reminder :) you're up to post a response for inflicting damage by Corpse so it can be Vai's turn)

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Eh, alright. That sounds like a fair compromise, although the -2 to hit was supposed to symbolize the speeds Aerionelle was reaching, which was kind of the entire point in the first place. I guess instead it'll just symbolize her chaining attacks together really fast, as opposed to moving really fast, and we can add the speed later.

Anyway, there was an idea I recently had I'd like to propose to you. For higher level skill cards, how about we allow "passive" skill cards as well as "Active" - I.E., triggered by a critical hit - ones. These would be skill cards that are active constantly, no matter what the current rolls in a fight may be, although they might be disabled temporarily by certain rolls and effects. They'd be weaker than normal skill cards, of course, but also more versatile.

Example: A card I intended to eventually be used by Aerionelle.

Field Commander

Effects: For every 10 HP the user has left, all members of the user's squad - including the user - gain a +1 to hit, a +1 to damage, and a -1 to incoming damage, and members of the squad gain the ability to sacrifice attack rolls in exchange for "heal" rolls with their attack die, where any roll above 15 restores 1 HP, and any critical roll restores 5 HP. If the user is struck with a critical hit, this effect is negated until the user's next successful hit.

So what do you think?

Also, gotcha, I'll post tomorrow, since I need to be going to bed ATM.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:08 am

If you havent got a Stratian character yet, now would be a good time to think about one.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Duly noted. Though I haven't started on one at all, I'll try to get at least something done by the next sortie.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Also noted.
Will come up with something later.
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:33 pm

If its any consolation, I will be making a couple of new characters over the course of this weekend and also get the ball rolling for Chapter 3 of this roleplay.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Awesome character Joker, really love the Phantom Eniknight.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Glad you Like him ^-^ The only problem now is getting him into the roleplay :p

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:30 pm

FFFFFffffffffffffffff - Your character Joker, is so eerily similar to the small concept I had written for a character that I've had to scrap the idea entirely and start from scratch. In all honesty, it was pretty dang creepy, but que sera sera, I'll see if I can rustle up a bigger, better, badder idea!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!