Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War

ANGEL. Eniknight Battle Cards

a part of “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”, a fictional universe by XxEvil1xX.

The Artomidian National Govt. is fighting a losing war against the more advanced Stratian Republic in a brutal battle for survival. Desperate, the ANG introduces anew prototype aerial armor that soon changes the face of war and blurs the fabric of reality

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

ANGEL. Eniknight Battle Cards

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Got to give recognition to Dante he had a great idea that would boost the fun factor of this RP. Dante proposed an idea to me to give each character their own individual edge in combat. I wanted to be careful not to redo the dice system because its already pretty solid and I would hate to see it fall apart with a few alterations but at the same time I dont want this fighting to be something bland and boring either so I thought of a way to bypass altering the dice system yet providing a chance to show off your uniqueness.

I decided that everyone who has an eniknight will have a battle card (which will be included in your profile) that is assigned specifically to you. What this card does is bend the rules of combat a little bit, in your favor providing certain circumstances are met like rolling a critical attack.

Though they must all go through me for approval to insure we arent god moding are characters with too strong of cards, you will be the one to design that card since it applies to your eniknight, and your eniknight alone. Cards will eventually be watermarked to avoid tampering.

Once the circumstance is made in combat, simply post a picture of your card in your post when you are ready to use it. Cards are reusable in combat.

After every 10 levels you may make another card with a different attribute assigned to it. However if it must meet the same circumstance to activate as the last one, and you must choose one out of the cards to use. A star on the bottom right hand corner of the card will signify the quality of the card. Level 0-10 get a 1 star card level 10-19 get a 2 star card, etc etc. And of course the higher the stars the more powerful the card can be.
Below is the blank card you may use to make your card, along with a demonstration of a card I may use for my eniknight.
Let me know what you think, whether you want it , leave it, or change it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Contributor

Re: ANGEL. Eniknight Battle Cards

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:34 pm

That sounds like an interesting idea - although I'm not tech-savvy enough to make my own cards.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

find me the picture, your perk you want, and how you want it written and I'll take care of the rest :)

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Alright, my character updates have been completed, and, if we're still going to use this skill card system, then I'll get the necessary items and use both my units special abilities as skill cards. See the bios for the changes.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 am

Nows a good time to submit information regarding your desired battle card information for you. I will quickly get it made for you so you wont be robbed of a signature attack should you roll a critical in the first battle.

Either post on here or message me the details of your card and also a picture.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Name: Flower of the Skies: Blossom in Glory

User: Aerionelle Franz Remil

Description: Upon a successful critical hit, a +1 boost is added to the player's attack roll and attack damage. This bonus lasts for one turn, but is extended if a roll of 20 or more is achieved in the next turn. In the case of a second hit, another point is added to damage, and a point is subtracted from the enemy's damage output, but only against the player's unit. This bonus can be extended infinitely, but boosts from extension may only stack up to three times on one target - including the player - and all bonuses are negated by either a miss by the player or a critical hit by any enemy. The bonuses from extension are doubled by a second critical hit.

"With every stroke she landed, she kept on speeding up, until she was nothing but a blur, the scarlet chi energy trailing behind her like falling flower petals as she fell upon her victim like lightning, raining down blows faster than the falling rain. It was at once a dance and a vicious storm, and before its tempestuous fury, there could be no survival."

See if you can use this as an image somehow, if you can.

Name: Crimson Tempest's Final Stand: Supernova

User: Aster Rei Elionsvie

Description: Upon a successful critical hit when below 15 HP and when declared by the player, the player gains the ability to roll the dice as many times in one turn as there are enemy targets, all of the player's subsequent hits are treated as criticals, and all true critical hits are treated as super-criticals, with 4x damage dealt, all damage to the player's unit is halved, and the enemy gains a -5 chance to hit. This bonus lasts for three turns, after which the player's exoarmor is disabled and their hitpoints are instantly reduced to zero. This bonus can, however, be deactivated early, in which case the player instead suffers -5 HP for each turn spent in this mode, sustaining a -3 to chance to hit and to damage for the rest of the current battle.

"With no reason left to hold back, she became like a devil, using her very life as fuel for the blazing star of her rage, flaring to life and bursting forth with a violence that rivaled the most destructive weapons known to mankind. She was no longer a mere soldier - she had become an avenging angel, a very force of nature that could not be stopped, merely delayed."

Use this, if you can.
Last edited by Tsukiakari on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:21 am

I dunno if this is the place to raise concerns or not, and I don't mean this offensively at all, but comparitively to what power cards I've heard of so far, both of those seem extremely overbearing and perhaps a bit unfair by comparison. Consistently increasing your chance to hit, while simultaneously reducing your opponents chances is pretty powerful in it's own right (Extra damage, Extra hits, more chance not to be hit...) Especially when even should the next attack be a miss, you can just start stacking again the next time it comes round. Additionally, a +1 to the roll is markedly different to adding another side to the die (ie, making a d36 a d37), as the odds of missing dramatically decrease since you can hit on 14s, and then 13s, etc. All that said, I think it's a neato idea and was considering something similar myself, but seeing as what I've heard is that power cards are 'on critical...' effects, I personally just don't see it as a balanced ability, especially as, upon level up, the chances of missing get even slimmer.

As for the other ability, as rare as a critical while below 15 health may be, Quad damage is a clean 20 health off each unit, which, at the current standard, is 4/5ths of most eniknight's health. Chances are, if you're at 15 health, alot of people will be somewhat around there. Which pretty much means a mass murdering of people. Awesome, and makes sense for the ability, but ridiculously dangerous to anyone involved in combat with her. I didn't entirely follow the latter part with all the buffs and negatives and such, but I think they're a little excessive for a crit that's already incredibly powerful.

Still, I might be wrong about all this, and I'd be quite happy to come up with something neato for my battlecard instead.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:18 am

Alright. I was just trying to establish a card based on both of my characters' fighting styles. In Aerionelle's case, it's keeping the opponent off balance by showering them with attacks, decreasing their chance to hit and damage by forcing them to redistribute power away from their weapons, and to focus on surviving her onslaught rather than attacking her, while she continues speeding up and her attacks become harder and harder to dodge as her opponent tires out. But, even if a bonus to hit is very powerful, Aerionelle only gets +1 to hit, which won't change much.

In Aster's case, it's overloading her unit's power for a desperation attack that massively boosts her speed, attack power, and defense, but drains her of her chi and KOs her instantly, causing severe damage to her Exoarmor at the same time and preventing her from using it until repaired. Anyway, a critical hit below 15 health would be incredibly hard to get, and even if I did get one, I probably wouldn't use the ability regardless, not to mention the fact that it would be even more unlikely than triggering it for me to actually ROLL a "super critical," and you'll note Aster doesn't get any bonuses to hit during the card's duration, meaning there's also a reasonable chance she'll miss. On top of that, I also can't abuse the mode by turning it on for a round or two, then shutting it off, since doing so would consume 5 HP for every round it was active, and afterward, all of my attack rolls would have 3 subtracted from them, and my attack power would be reduced to 2.

Since I seem to have missed the memo about cards only being activated on a critical hit, however, I'm going to need to alter Aerionelle's, and will do so to make the activation and extension both a bit more tricky.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 am

@Tsukiakari: Oh, don't get me wrong at all. I think the abilities sound super sweet and awesome, and look pretty dang flashy (<3 the Flag and Graham Aker). That was what I initially thought the cards were like myself, and woulda happily come up with something myself (Such as on miss, allowing a counterattack, etc.), but the crit things seem to be keeping things nice and basic. Consider it a lack of understanding on my part for the second one though. I read that as, each time she attacks, she crits, and each of those are 4 times damage. Not, each time she attacks she does 2 times damage and if she crits it's 4. Having re-read what it does, it seems much more reasonable and double-edged, though she has the potential to seriously wipe out an army of low health oppositions. Or blow up. Teehee.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Well, Since Everybody is putting in their cards, I might as well do something about this :p
I already sent one to Evil, but I am going to post it again and the other one that I came up with ^^

Death Shield

User: Marlo Revkel

Description: For every Critical rolled by the Player, Undead Guardian blocks the next attack to either himself or ally.

Something is amiss, for even the strongest mortars are rendered useless. Even Death cannot breach it.
~(Enter important man here :P)

Technician Guardian

User: Marlo Revkel

Description: Upon rolling a critical strike, Marlo can heal either himself or an ally, regardless of the ally or himself being a human or in eniknight form. The health regained by the player is determined by the last attack they had withstood. (So if they were injured by 1, it heals 1.)

No matter you be robotic or mundane, that man somehow is able to fix you. Don't ask him how though, for the last man that did got a cigarette burn mark on his... well, we won't go there.
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!