Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Branches of Power

Branches of Power

a part of “Branches of Power”, a fictional universe by Basta.

Though linked through the Lines, they must bond together to stop a god.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Branches of Power”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Branches of Power

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 pm

This is the OOC. Keep all chatter and questions here, and leave the IC to the IC.

Also, Welcome! :D
Last edited by Basta on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Branches of Power

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arinna on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:42 am

Before I try to create a character, is there a specific post length that you would prefer? As I have not roleplayed for a long time, I'm not sure if I can post more than a paragraph (which is why I'd like to bake sure). I'd also like to know how flexible you are regarding the players' contribution to the game. Do you want to keep everything under control, or are the players entitled to create new things as long as they don't effect the main plot greatly? (Or are the players allowed to play with the main plot as well?)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arinna
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:02 am

Hey Arinna, good questions. I say it really depends. Only a paragraph is fine if there's absolutely nothing going on and you've just gotta move things forward a bit. Also, it depends on what the charactes (or players) are changing. Give me an example of what changes you were thinking of and I'll think about it. As for the main plot, really the only people I'll let touch that are me and my CO-GM's (when they join up....grumble), so you'd need to get with us first and present a really good idea.

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arinna on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:47 am

Thank you for your answers. ^-^ As I am unsure regarding my current state of roleplaying skills, I will not apply. Anyways, I hope it lasts long and that you (and all the players) have fun~

Arinna
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Hmm... Am I not to be posting in the other OOC thread? If not, my apologies...
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Yea...I dunno what's up with that. I was following Shiva's advice and whatnot...Anyways. Here is where the traditional OOC shenanigans will occur, just to clarify.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:55 pm

whats this about me?

Anyways, posted my character. Anti-magic Nullifier Batman.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:14 pm

It's all your fault.

On one hand we have a futuristic magic-eating batman with a zipline, state-of-the-art pistol, body armor, and a butterfly knife.

And on the other hand we have a waitress from Boston. And I usually make the badass characters.

Don't even know why I put her occupation as a waitress...

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:32 pm

hey hey hey, I get perks.

Nah, I don't really, but he's a lot older than Isabel, and he's a gub'mint spah. 'sides, he needs all the help he can get seeing as mages don't have to beat down a Nullifier with magic force, just shoot him or whatever.

Your spicy-tongued rose will have a lot more personality than my character, I'll bet.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blacksky on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Well, I would really love to join this rp. I'll be submitting my character sheet soon, this role play seems so right for me haha.

But regarding the post size is one to two paragraphs fine for starters and such, and when will we start posting? pm me with anything I should change after i submit my char.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthunax, from Skyrim.

blacksky
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:44 am

Welcome all you's new guys! I'm surprised, but also super happy that this is gaining popularity! I'll be starting around this Saturday, to allow more people to join.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FizzGig on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:25 am

So like, enter the street kid who enjoys making potions.

This is going to be a lot of fun. <_<
Writing is a socially acceptable form of Multiple-Personality-Disorder--C.S.Lewis

FizzGig
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 am

Alright, I'm going to play a ChronoMancer. >.> So I suppose I'll be pestering the GM's half the RP. =P
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm pretty excited over this! I've super lulzy potion ideas to go over. ^^
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Huh, the testosterone levels are rather low in the character list. I was hoping Izzy could emasculate a large man by staring a hole through his face. Also, I'm going to change Izzy's occupation from Waitress to Bartender.

Oh well, and look Shivies, It's Beezles in the character list!

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Beezles.. I still don't know how to pronounce that, Tally.

Almost everybody seems to be in their twenties too, in conjunction with the high female proportion. There must be some sort of memo I'm missing.

Arke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:19 pm

I've always said it like beetles, but with a z instead of a t, like BEE-zhuls... I suppose you could always pronounce it BAY-zhuls though. Huh, now you got me to thinking about it.

Also, didn't you hear, pretty young women are in, middle aged men are out...

And suddenly I remember I'm a guy...

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

I hate words that have a nice meaning and a f'ed up meaning...

Anyhow, Where exactly are the castle and the cultists' lair located?
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Update: my computer had a meltdown. ÒmÓ Anywhoo...The castle is in the hilly southern Italy countryside, while the cultists live in a mountaneous wasteland in Russia.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:47 pm

*Coughs*

For some reason, I imagined it set in Scotland for some reason...

Probably the castle.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!