Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Final Fantasy: New Adventure!

a part of “Final Fantasy: New Adventure!”, a fictional universe by Mineczka.

Hundreds of years passes since the Warriors of Light saved the world, now Chaos and the Four fiends have returned.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Final Fantasy: New Adventure!”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:26 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Final Fantasy: New Adventure!"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"
— Kefka Palazzo

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Final Fantasy: New Adventure!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:46 pm

A role play based on the Final Fantasy series that weren't about skinny teenagers that dressed up in emo outfits. Although, before I join. Some rules would help me as a guide to forge a character. Plus, maybe a... map? Unless you intend to mash ever character. (A.K.A.: Have them team up from the start.) In that case, one would still come in handy... If only for reference sake.

That aside, I'll lurk this for a bit, while pondering over a basic concept for a character.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 pm

I finally got the classes done! 2 1/2 hours later its MOSTLY complete

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroTolerance on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:44 pm

No Dragoon, Monk or Ranger classes? A bit disappointing.
I'm a dreamcatcher but only nightmares I caught.

ZeroTolerance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:41 pm

For you guys, If you're interested please get a character in soon! I'd like to start at some point this week

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm

So for the warriors we can tell that they're Warriors of Light and we don't have to start together, but in the area of Corneria.

Here's the map of the land: http://www.nesmaps.com/maps/FinalFantas ... rworld.png
Don't worry its labeled, just zoom in!
Last edited by Mineczka on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:28 pm

You guys want to start soon?

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:28 pm

You can start whenever you feel the role play has enough players. Although I'd advice you to try and get more... Unless three characters are enough to work with.

Whatever the case: Ready when you are.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:46 pm

For new players/ peoples I can just do it like a Final Fantasy game does:

Now the battle system is gonna be a ***** though....

And Bestiary will be added in when we defeat the monster! Before anyone asks!

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

I don't know if you wanted someone to safe Remi, and I wasn't sure if entering a fight with this Gori guy I just made up was allowed. So I just stuck with the generic entrance of: Bar > Leave bar > Place character somewhere to allow easy interaction. That said, first post is up. Maybe the next post we could have this generic bandit NPC as our first boss-ish character to fight against(?).

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Well it was just kind of a generic FF opening, fight the main villain and get your *** whooped, or at least a powerful enemy. Plus that kind of introduced the battle mechanic and Gori is okay, He can be a side boss and Remi will wake up in a bit. I didn't care if anyone saved her or not she didn't sustain a mortal blow (that would end the RP in one post). and The bandit battle would be okay!

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Introduced him, if that's okay. I'll let you decide on how strong the bugger is, and also control his attacks. (And maybe his minions, you'll decide whether they join the fray or not.)

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 am

All damage and hits are calculated by ATK V. DEF and hits are from a coin ( Tails: Remi is hit, Heads Tia is hit) and a 20 sided die... Feels like D&D...

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 am

Oh by the way, Weapons atats

Clothing: +2 DEF
Leather armor and shield: +5 DEF
Wooden weapons: 5 ATK
Iron anything: +10 ATK/DEF
Steel anything: +15 ATK/DEF
Myhtril Anything: +20 ATK/DEF
Ultimate Weapon(s): +30 ATK (and DEF for some)

So its ATK + Wepon ATK

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Hey what happened to the posting? It legit died

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 pm

@Lufia:
Apologies, but I was waiting if our third applicant was going to be responding. Or... post, actually. But I have been with this person in another role play, and his 'Commitment' in role plays is rather lacking if I say so myself. Saddening, really. Because his writing is at such a level that I'm in awe. But let us not talk of trivial things, and let us move on to my point. Because I to, am lacking in commitment now.

My second reason, was that I have been busy managing my own role play. As well as a second one, which I am assisting as a one of the co-GMs. Really, it has been eating my free time. I would have posted, but as you can tell, I was unable to do so. At least for one as... empty as this.

Which brings me to my third, and maybe most important reason. Please, before reading this I ask of you: Do not take this as hatred, or even 'pedantry'. This is more of a personal viewpoint, I extent to you. An opinion from a fellow GM. I am not going to lie, I believe that, although this role play would roll, it will not last as a 1x1 role play. It was not intended as one, nor will it ever be. If this is bound to continue, we will be required to have more applicants. However, I do not see this happening any time soon. And, if I may add it. I have been putting off on writing my piece for this role play, more than I'd like to. I have been busy, yes. I have been tempted to wait for the third applicant to post, yes. But I also feel myself... how to put this nicely. Lacking, in commitment. (As I stated above.) This is on my end, not yours. I entered with interest, and was feeling strong that this role play, although a bit bare on certain points, was able to be a long lasting journey.

However, I have had a change of hearts. I no longer feel that I am investing in this, but will only post against my will because this role play 'must' go on. And, aren't we here to enjoy ourselves? Aren't we here to have fun partaking into an immersive story? Yes, we are. And I no longer feel that way whenever I attempt to write my piece for this role play. My apologies if this offends you, but I don't believe I will be able to 'enjoy' writing for this particular role play.

There, I've shared my two cents. I already asked that you do not view this as hatred. Nor should you view it as a rant from someone who knows better, because I don't. I am simply ending my journey in the realm of this role play, however short it may have been. I was glad to partake in it, but with my lack of commitment and immersion... Well, let us not dwell on it.

Thanks for understanding, and once again apologies.

- Byte

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kennith_Black on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 pm

hey can I make a char?

Kennith_Black
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:53 pm

@Byte You're right, I was curious on why there weren't any new posts and I actually thought my battle system was to blame, but thanks for extending the opinion and the reasons of the non-existant posts, thanks again

-Lufia

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Yes you may kennith

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!