Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seasons of the Lich

╠Seasons of the Lich╣

a part of “Seasons of the Lich”, a fictional universe by The Cynic.

After the destruction of the Flaming Fist, the twelve mercenaries of the Bloodsails are faced with a perilous quest to rid the Sword Coast of vile forces plaguing the Coast Way. RECRUITING: Monk.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Seasons of the Lich”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

╠Seasons of the Lich╣

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Tue May 22, 2012 5:24 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "╠Seasons of the Lich╣"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: ╠Seasons of the Lich╣

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Honor Guard on Tue May 22, 2012 9:30 pm

I had noticed your thread and I was most interested in joining up. Allow me to peruse the information provided a bit more thoroughly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Honor Guard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 pm

I would be honored, Honor Guard. The majority of needed information is up.
One the character skeleton & guidelines are posted, we will be good to go. If
there is a character you would like to reserve, let me know.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Honor Guard on Tue May 22, 2012 9:53 pm

I had contemplated on many of the classes, but I had a question about one of the potential races.

Are you at all familiar with the Spellscale?

EDIT: Strike that. I would like to play the Sorcerer, please. Human as far as the race goes.

I am more than familiar with D&D and characters, so I look forward to seeing what the spell-list entails. If allowed, expect a lot of fire magic from this one.

Honor Guard
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Very well. However, the spells I choose will be chosen for a reason. I want
this to be basic and fairly simple, but you will have a fair amount of choices.
For every class I am voiding out many spells, and their affects may differ than
they do normally would in a campaign setting. They will be like this because
I want to base everything more on realism, like how a spell would work in
a book like Daughter of the Drow, or the Forgotten House, etc, or the Drizzt
series. People may disdain this choice and want spells other than the ones
I will allow - and I will understand that. I won't be unreasonable, though,
if someone dearly wants one I have not listed, I will try my best to add it.
It is going to take me about a day to get the character skeletons out and the
books added, but I will reserve characters for now.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Wed May 23, 2012 12:45 am

I'd like to lead with how much I like the way you post, Cynic. The alignment, font, and the forceful yet fair way you put things. You make god damn sure that what you want is clearly understood, and you outline what you do and don't want to be questioned about. I think you have promise as a GM here. Have you considered going into teaching?

Anyway, I haven't quite decided if I'd rather play a drow rogue or the ranger. I'll have my decision by the time the skeleton goes up.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 23, 2012 9:45 am

Thank you for the gracious compliments, Solo. Yes I have thought about teaching, and
I have taught before to younger children, but it is the years of further schooling I am
hesitant about. When one has created as many roleplays as I have, one tends to not
want needless questions asked. I can understand other's creative reaches, and I don't
like to suppress their fingers, but without limits things crumble. I am new to Gateway,
yet since the day I arrived everyone has been incredibly kind and accepting. There are
good writers on here and it is a pleasant refreshment. I almost retired.

Tracking back to Seasons of the Lich, once you make up your mind on who you would
like to play, let me know so I can reserve them for you.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Wed May 23, 2012 2:40 pm

I would like to reserve the cleric please.

It'd be fun to create my Dwarf Cleric here in this RP :P
Last edited by Usui on Wed May 23, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Usui
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Wed May 23, 2012 2:58 pm

You know I think I will take the Ranger. I'll start work as soon as the CS is up.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Alright Solo. Also, for ALL those who are joining, I want you to be aware of a few things.
1) I am a perfectionist.
2) Because I am, I hate anime images. Please don't use then.
3) Make sure you have avatars.
4) If you need help finding a picture, I have thousands.
5) This is PARA. That means I want a two paragraph minimum out of all of you.

Thanks.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Sorry, I apologize. The Ranger was already reserved. The rogue is free though.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 23, 2012 4:07 pm

If you have reserved a character:

For all those not entirely sure what I mean by PARA and description, please view my other thread, Daggerford.
Most people posted an average of 400-700 words, which is what I want. If you are not capable of this, please
do not join. I don't want to sound like an elitist, but I work hard to put effort into my writing, and I like to
receive the same out of everyone I play with. I have scanned some of you and some do not post over 200 words
per post. I am iffy on that.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE JOINING: Please let me know who you reserved, and their sex. I want a fair ratio of
woman to men. If their are too many women, I may kick you out. Harsh, I know, but I don't like it when that aspect
is uneven. Especially in a D&D campaign. Be aware that because this is restricted to nine players, I want people
who I will be able to write with and tolerate. Try not to take personal offence.

Remember that this will be a mature roleplay with heavy violence. I don't want young child-like characters who don't
know what they are doing. Please also try and have a fairly decent grasp on the world of faerun. Read a bit if you do
not. With that all off my chest, please get back to me if you decide to not join so I can free up character slots.

Thank you.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Wed May 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Well then Rogue it is, no biggie. Male, and Drow.

Also, in case you weren't already aware, the edit button is to the top right of your post, next to the summon moderator button. You can't outright delete them, but saying all you have to say in one post definitely keeps things organized.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Alright, thank you. I will reserve the rogue for you.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 pm

It would be a female Dwarf Cleric

Usui
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed May 23, 2012 6:25 pm

So I guess I'm too late to the party?

I sort of wanted to wait this thing out to see the character sheet before I got too serious and chose something, and now it looks like all of the characters are either reserved or pending...

But if Pending means something different than I think, I'd be more than happy to try out for the Fighter position coach! It wasn't my first choice (Cleric) or second even (Monk) as I was looking to do something different instead of your average ol' fighter. But I'll take what I can get!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Talisman! You are welcome, the monk has been taken by my friend.
The fighter is open for you to claim, however, as well as the bard.

Barbarian - Male
Paladin - Female
Ranger - Female
Rogue - Male
Monk - Female
Cleric - Female
Sorcerer - Male
Druid- Female
Fighter- Male
Bard- Male
Last edited by The Cynic on Wed May 23, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed May 23, 2012 8:33 pm

I've tried playing a bard once... Didn't do too well with the singing and storytelling aspect. I'd feel like I'd be able to contribute more as a Fighter.

That being said, I can play either gender as a Fighter, it usually depends on the mood I'm in when I write up the character. Let's say male for now unless we get a influx of males, then I'll switch it to female. Human in either case.

(Hi Pixy!)

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed May 23, 2012 8:47 pm

My friend Minibear liberated you of the bard. My friend is going
to play the druid. We now have an equal ratio of men to women,
which is what I wanted. We are all set! I will post the character
skeletons now. All else that will be needed is the completion of
the feats and spells. The skeletons can be filled out now, and
once I get the books up, you guys can fill them out in your
skeleton afterward. Thank you all for the interest and I look
forward to playing with you all.

The Cynic
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Honor Guard on Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 pm

In response to your PM Cynic, I am indeed still interested in playing the sorcerer.

Honor Guard
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!