Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War

Explaining the Probability System (Dice spar)

a part of “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”, a fictional universe by XxEvil1xX.

The Artomidian National Govt. is fighting a losing war against the more advanced Stratian Republic in a brutal battle for survival. Desperate, the ANG introduces anew prototype aerial armor that soon changes the face of war and blurs the fabric of reality

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Explaining the Probability System (Dice spar)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Probability System

The dice system I have is called the probability system, Its based on rolling for hits and misses, rather then damage (unless you roll your highest side, then your attack is doubled) The more you level up, the more sides of you get to add on to your dice, increasing your probability of inflicting a blow to your target

Yes the results of the rolls do rely on honor. I allow this because you not just robbing others if you rig your rolls but you are cheating yourself as it takes away the enjoyment of the entire roleplay. (I am anticipating 1/2-3/4 of our members to have atleast one of our characters die in combat, regardless of them being favored.)
(explaining it is going to appear more sophisticated then what it is, so I encourage that you and I meet in an OOC chatroom or via messenger so I can walk you through it, but who knows you will probably understand it all after this email, since again it is very easy to learn and use)

Rolling

We all roll using digital dice (you dont have to spend a dime) you do this by heading into an OOC chatroom here on RPG, and type in your dice command. An example would be a level 0 soldier without an eniknight wanting to roll their dice which would be /roll 1d25 (1 being the number of dice rolled, and 25 being the sides of the dice)

fairness
Yes there are many different ways that I have made combat fair for people. For starters yes you may be pitted with a very powerful enemy however you may be able to flee combat at any time (be careful with this as victory conditions are intended to fall in either factions favor and the results of a loss could have long term ramifications for your entire team)
I also made it so when I have NPCs fighting against controlled characters, (and this only me for this) I will roll a die equal to the number of enemies for that character that have an HP above 1, to determine which character that NPC will target.

battle order
This is the general order of how combat works:

1. Everyone rolls 1d100 for turn order and then paste it in the post (highest going first)
{Your turn}
2. Post your attack, who you are attacking, and how you are attacking (be sure to allow your target a little wiggle room in your post to get out of the attack in the event you miss)
3. Go into the OOC Chatroom in a seperate window, and roll your dice. ex: /roll 1d25, then copy and paste the results of your roll following the attack portion of your post.
4. Depending on whether you hit or miss , type a reaction to the results of your roll (ex: following through confirming your attack, or how you are getting pissed that you missed the attack, etc)
5. Your target will then post their own response to your attack roll, as well as an update of their health.
(If they were HP 5/5 before the attack, and you hit them with a 16, then their new update should be HP: 4/5)
6. Then next persons turn, until the battle ends by means, of all characters of losing faction are dead (at negative HP), gravely wounded (at 1 or 0 HP), fled, or surrendered.

(going back to the change in eniknights, because their basic stats are amplified by five times, so will their HP and ATK points. So a level 0 eniknight would have 25HP, and ATK of 5, meaning 5 points of HP would be taken off if they hit you. (Notice a person without an eniknight at the same level only has 5HP, so if you are a without an eniknight try to avoid fighting one if you can.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Contributor

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!