Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dogs of War

Dogs of War.

a part of “Dogs of War”, a fictional universe by Rill.

The ancient Southern Nation of Tilea is a disputed and feudal land of city states and squabbling nobles as such it is a hotbed for Mercenaries and Solders of Fortune as well as adventurers and Sell Swords from all over the Old World.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dogs of War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dogs of War.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:27 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dogs of War."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
'I had to be a Warrior, a slave I could not be! A Soilder and a Conqueror, fighting to be free!'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Dogs of War.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 am

Well welcome aboard to our first set of Players, an Elfish bard, a Human Rouge and an Orcish...Um.. Orc...

A fine band of missfits!

Ok here's what's going to be happening, I'll leave it another day or so to see if any more players are interested in joining, as I've had a few PM's, then I shall start the Roleplay.
I'll start with an intro post in the Tavern from the Landlords point of view, which will focus mainly on 'The Board' (That's the Infamous, wall sized mass of recruiting posters) and the notes of interest that are posted there.

How you respond to these available jobs is entirely up to you, one of you may wish to look to recruit himself a team, another may want to take a job alone... But bear in mind, alone the risk is far greater... But so too may be the rewards.

The early 'Quest' or 'Job' options will all be fairly simple 'Teeth Cutting' missions, a chance for both me and you to get used the the characters and gain them a bit of coin and loot.

You may of course, choose to sit in the corner of the tavern and ignore 'The Board' that is entirely up to you... But you probably wont have as much fun.

Just a reminder, you can die in this, as the Old World is a vast and Dangerous place... But I wont be sending hordes of Daemons against you in the first turn!
So don't panic.

Right, I have ranted on long enough, welcome to Dogs of War and enjoy... You filthy band of Sell Swords!

Rill

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Dogs of War.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 am

Oh and on the subject of events and combats, they will work thusly-

As GM I will be posting events and scenarios in old Warhammer Quest (Or more recent D&D) style to move the story along, for example you could all be walking through a mine tunnel when suddenly the roof caves in, or a hoard of Goblins come rushing out of a side passage towards you;

I will then give each player a chance to post their reactions, do you run away back up the tunnel? Charge forward with a loud battle cry? Stand back and start loosening arrows into the on-coming rush of Greenskins? Prepare a spell?

I will then roll up the results and put them on here, for example-
Joe kills three Goblins but takes a wound.
Mark killed one Goblin before getting knocked out.
Alwin downed four Goblins with his bow from way back up the tunnel.
Ulric hacked apart five Goblins with his axe, causing the remaining Greenskins to flee.

Then you can have at it and write up your characters experience as he happily hacks through Goblins... ;P

In the case of the rock, I will write up a post following your reactions and have it smash into the ground while you all scatter (Unless for some reason you chose to stand still.)

Basically you have open options in each situation but they will be influenced by sound tactics or playing to your characters strengths;
For example an Orc choosing charge headlong in swinging both weapons will get far better results than if he chose to stand back with a bow and arrow.

So plenty of freedom but remember, the foolish do not last long in the Old World.

With some boss battles, I may write the results up as a story like post, depending on the size of the encounter and the preference of the players.

So that about covers the Gameplay I think;

Best of luck!

Rill
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!