Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dead Seasons: The Red Autumn

a part of “Dead Seasons: The Red Autumn”, a fictional universe by Wake.

In the Kingdom of Nallan, the high king prepares to step down and appoint his eldest child in his place. But, just as the first red leaves prepare to fall, an ancient forgotten curse is released upon the unsuspecting kingdom. (reboot in consideration)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dead Seasons: The Red Autumn”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Welcome to dead season part one everybody. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions lay em on me. In the mean time I hope everyone join will have fun while I try to make some final adjustments and additions to the roleplay.

[edit] And I just notice I typoed on "RED", fixing that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Dead Seasons: The Read Autumn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:20 am

Hi there, Wake!

You mentioned that there were some roles you were hoping to fill. Might you have a list of those for me to peruse? I'd love to help you out there. ^_^

-Val
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 am

This looks pretty friggin' cool! I have never seen anything like this before in my entire RP history. Is a magic character allowed? BTW I was wondering, "Game of Thrones", yes or no?
"Serve the Emperor today. Tomorrow you may be dead." - Thought for the day

cha-kun
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:42 am

@ The Valkyrie: Yes I need someone able to fill in for the princess (last heir surviving heir to the throne). And the captain of the royal guard. I'm also working on a few other roles (like some people from Garlac) at the moment and I'll get back to you all when I have a complete list.

@ Cha-kun: If you are asking if I watch game of throne (or read the book) then no. If this is like game of thrones, then sorta. I have only heard a few details of the show myself and looked at it on tvtropes briefly, but there are a few bits of political intrigue that I plan to implement at a later point in the story.

[edit] and yes magic characters are allowed but I want to go over how magic works more first.

To everyone else.

I will have a map up of Nallan and it's surrounding country tomorrow. Along with that I'll get a second thread going later tonight to fill up with other details about the setting.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:25 am

I hope it would be possible to reserve the position as "Captain of the royal guard".
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:58 am

Exams are starting this week so I won't be able to make a character till at least the next week. Even after that, I'm not sure.

Advice:

"When you are making a synopsis of a roleplay, don't use words no one will know, like Urona or Nallan. They are not important to the synopsis and it would be better if you skipped them. For a more effective synopsis, end with a thought provoking question."- copyright, Apple (somehow; not taking a risk).

Let's see if I have the time. If not, apologies in advance.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Cool. The Princess sounds like something I could do, but I'll wait for more details before I get cracking on a profile sheet.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Sure thing saxious.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Mmm. Interesting for sure. Can't wait to see a few more character go up and I may throw one in myself then.

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazygumbomb on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:40 pm

You have tickled my bone of intrigue. Very original, unlike so many zombie RPs i see today.

crazygumbomb
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockPolotics on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:48 pm

I love the idea, it sounds fun. But can you please please just sweep through your intro just once? I don't care THAT much about grammar, but it's painful to see "These are the potions that need filling:"

Other than that, the names are kind of confusing. Are "Nallan" and "Nolan" the same thing or what?

rockPolotics
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fauxreality on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Interesting. I like it. :D
Can't wait for more details!
Some girls dream about running away with Prince Charming.
I dream about running away with
The Doctor.

fauxreality
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Well, I submitted a rough. Yey ex-bandits. Uh..Just ignore it for now if you don't mind. It's poorly done and I think I skipped a field but I'm tired, so. ;_;

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leli on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:21 pm

What are the undead like? Smart enough to hold a sword and beat down a door? Fast enough I need to do more than briskly walk away from them? You haven't really explained the characteristics yet. I presume somekind of unnatural strength, but even then is that dependant upon the 'turned' individuals ability, or is it standard throughout?

Leli
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Okay sorry. My computer bugged out last night before I could get the info page up, and I was only briefly able to get on this mourning before I got dragged off for something. To answer your questions in order....

@rockPolotics: I'm going to do a quick sweep through the intro page to make some edits and fixes later today, and Nallan is just a name I made up for the country. I've been having to work out the names, dialect and history from scratch.

@Hazezon I think your bandit character is fine, if you want to make some changes then feel free to.

@Leli Some of this I'm going to go over in the info tabe when I get it up. For now though what I can tell you is that the undead are capable of running after people and behave like wild animals for the most part, so they won't be swinging swords around (ignore that picture of the skeletons carrying spears around in the intro, I just put it there to look cool ;p). They do have no sense of exhaustion so they might catch up with you after a while if they just keep chasing you. But they hunt mostly by smell. They can see fine in the day, and their other senses are the same as a humans, but they can only distinguish between the living an their own by smelling them. Though some interesting changes in the horde will happen later on. Exactly what I can't say because that would spoil a bit of what I have planned, but you can expect a few surprises a long ways down the road.

[edit] Also, as I forgot to mention in the intro, the roleplay right on the day the curse breaks out. Haven't worked out how to get everyone together just yet, but I'm still getting things set up.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow44499 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Hey, Wake, neat RP going, still accepting members?
Image Image

Shadow44499
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Yes, you are still free to join.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow44499 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Awesome, won't be a big bad Paladin this time though. XD

Shadow44499
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Dead Seasons: The Red Autumn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 pm

hmm, computer is bugging out again and I can't seem to get the second thread up. I can still make a few details to the horde in their profile though.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Re: Dead Seasons: The Red Autumn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Erm, nevermind, I'm just going to go ahead and work on a unique character to add into the bunch . . . I have a character who'd work for this I think.
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!