Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Are You Hot?

Are You Hot?

a part of “Are You Hot?”, a fictional universe by WingedOctopus.

The game show all of America is in love with: the search for America's Sexiest Person! But beware, losing can have dire consequences... (Closed!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Are You Hot?”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Are You Hot?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:17 pm

The Mansion is a gorgeous place where all the contestants will live in luxury. They can eat or drink anytime, anywhere-- of course, you don't want yourself getting fat, but the five-star buffet is difficult to resist.

The Mansion
Who knows how big it is? Every cranny of it is crammed with luxury and riches.

The Lounge
A nice place to relax and have a drink.

The Bedrooms
It has every luxury the contestants could ever want. Speak a command and it will come true, from the window view changing to any outfit or meal you could ever want being delivered straight from the walls. The beds are big enough for two. ;)

The Pool
It's so big that fifty people could swim in it comfortably. At night, it's sexily lit, the lamps sparkling on the water.

The Bar
Open 24/7. Always equipped with any kind of drink, alcoholic or nonalcoholic, you want.

The Night Club
Anyone want to dance the night away?

Dining Room
Any kind of food you could ever want! Oh, the drama, having to eat in the same room as your opponents...

Bathrooms
Enormous and beautiful, with every luxury you could ever imagine. You can bathe alone or be assisted by cyborgs There are four bathrooms in the Mansion, all of them unisex. There are no male or female differences.

The Mansion is staffed by cyborgs that will follow your every command. Are You Hot's host also lives here, as do twenty or so cameramen. The hair-and-makeup people show up seven or eight hours before each program is taped and leave once their work is done.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Are You Hot?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horseygirl on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Can I reserve girl 1 please?
I was your cure, but you were my disease. I was saving you, while you were killing me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Horseygirl
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundera on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Can I reserve girl three please?

Thundera
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:53 pm

I can't help but be both horrified and intrigued by this concept. May I reserve a female role?

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horseygirl on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Sent in my character! I cant give her an icon though, because in on my iPad. :P
When I switch over to my laptop I'll add it on.

Horseygirl
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChristyLovesYou on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Could I reserve a girl ?

Edit.. I submitted her..
Last edited by ChristyLovesYou on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChristyLovesYou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:09 pm

What SlightlyInsane said. So much...minus the female reservation.

I really like the concept of this RP as a way to make commentary about how schadenfreude and voyeurism are what passes for popular television in the modern day. Still, as someone that's gotten in trouble for going too far with this sort of thing in the past, I will have to defer not out of dislike for the idea, but rather out of prudence.

But as to not be totally hollow about this sort of thing, here's a sample list of real/imagined "flaws" that the judges might point out for the viewing audience:

-Body part is too big or small
-Outfit isn't the right color, shape, size, cut, etc. (think how we dissect what stars wear on the red carpet)
-Complaints regarding cosmetics: hair, makeup, bikini wax, shaving, tattoos...
-"Unappealing" scar or other blemish, even if it's from plastic surgery in order to get as far as they have. Maybe even an argument in the mansion came to blows?

And that's just what the judges say in front of the television. Imagine what the contestants will come up with to antagonize each other.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:23 pm

This is interesting. Might I reserve a male role. Having a hard time find a male photo. Does anyone know where I can find an image of a guy taken from the streets?

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArhaHitomi888 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:27 pm

I'd like to reserve a boy? :)
My name is Alice, feel free to call me that! <3
YouTube / DeviantArt / tumblr / Free internet

ArhaHitomi888
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChristyLovesYou on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:33 pm

@almostinsane That's kind of a hard one.. Since you probably couldn't just look it up.. Sometimes I try to think of movies I've seen, and remember characters that would fit what I was trying to describe. All I could think of for that was Robert Pattinson from Remember Me.. Sorry if this didn't really help. XD

ChristyLovesYou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Hey there, guys! Since I'm new to this site and I don't always remember to check the OOC, I didn't see the reservations, so for now to make it fair, I'm just going to have first come first serve, since I don't want to kick out people who are already in it.

Yeah, it is a pretty horrible concept. I saw a Yahoo article about terrible reality TV shows and this was featured, and somehow this concept sprang to mind. Ehehe. ^^; Plus I'd been having some difficulty finding something with romance that didn't have all kinds of weird restrictions like face claim or this character has to be this sexuality and this character has to have this personality. I hate that.

Some ideas for flaws-- eyes too far apart, nose too flat or skinny or wide, "man hands" for women or "lady hands" for men, big feet, too skinny, too fat (in real life, I once naively pursued a modeling gig just for kicks, but was told I was too fat despite being the same waist size as Jennifer Lopez. Believe it or not, Jennifer Lopez is considered a woman-sized performer, and since I was thirteen years old at the time, I was considered "too big". Thank God I laughed it off instead of getting huge self-consciousness flaws. xD), weird eyebrows or too thick eyebrows or too skinny eyebrows or eyebrows with too-big arches, too flat a face, a chin that's too weak or too strong, too-big ears or too-small ears...

There's five billion possibilities when you remind yourself that this is stupid "flaws" that some people would die to have. (:

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:04 pm

qbsuperstar03's comment got me thinking, so I added a new disclaimer at the bottom of the "rules" section. It really isn't a pleasant concept for a roleplay, and if there's something I hate most, it's drama. At least, in OOC and real life. In writing, I love to torture my characters and have my character be complete jerks. It's just fun. But OOC is civilized, okay? I'm not even joking when I say I will kill off your character if you start to be a troublemaker.

Aaaand, that was a really intense threat, so let's enjoy some puppies, eh? :D Remember, this is just the Internet; it's fun!

Also, for those who are interested, I just found a clip of the actual ABC show Are You Hot on Youtube. Here's a link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPgcjPPEV-A

I promise it has no vulgar or explicit content. Except for how idiotic those people are.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Wow this is funny in a very creepy way. It is actually like that doctor who episode where the whole world watched game shows and is mind controlled with them. Anyways I'll take a guy...
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leon21 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:06 pm

This is really cool, but slightly scary xD I love the idea, though. I submitted a male character ^^ Why do I feel like I have a different sense of beauty than most people? XD I'll add a picture for his avatar later, I'm on my ipod right now, so I currently can't.

Yay, someone else also thought of Doctor Who upon reading the plot :D

Leon21
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChristyLovesYou on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:13 pm

@Leon21 When it comes to TV inner beauty is pretty much lost.. I don't actually know what you were think though.

ChristyLovesYou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:29 pm

This is interesting. I'll have a male submitted shortly XD
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArhaHitomi888 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Submitted my character! :) I hope he is alright.

ArhaHitomi888
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Okay, this is creepy. I was WATCHING Doctor Who just as you posted that. xD I haven't gotten to that episode yet, so don't spoil it!!

*ahem* Thanks for your submissions, everyone! You can start posting as soon as you see me do so; I want to start us off to give us a kick-start. So as soon as you see my post, let the games begin!
No wait, that was a different fandom... xD

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Alright, guys, I just shot off a quick post to get us started! Unless you haven't realized, we're beginning backstage right before Round 1. The contestants haven't gone to the Mansion yet, but once the round is over, they'll be brought to the home where they'll be living for the next month. (The actual show runs about three months, but it takes only a month to tape all the footage.)

Btw, all the info about the Mansion is on the first OOC post, but I'm going to copy/paste it onto the information page so you can find it easier.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Welp gave a new name to my guy... I don't like it very much honestly, but names are just letters assigned to us to differentiate between people we don't really know.

Anyways the new doctor who episode was fantastic, been waiting for a dinosaur episode.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!