Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Stand By Me

Stand By Me: Accepting!!

a part of “Stand By Me”, a fictional universe by Scarlett_Rose.

Stand by me is a interactive role play in which the characters create the plot. They start of a children and over time create bonds,have adventures, and discover themselves through one another.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Stand By Me”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Stand By Me: Accepting!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Questions,Answers, and Rules
Official OOC

ImageThey say the world through a child's eyes is pure, free of judgement, and simple...and maybe they are right. It was,after all, during their years as children that they made the bonds that would follow them into their adult years. Of course, looking back they never would have guess their friendship would impact their lives in such a way. They were simply kids doing what kids do best...having fun.

Evenings spent crowded together in a fort made just of old sheets and some throw pillows could become anything they wished. Inside their fortress they could be anything they wanted: Pirates defending a treasure,knights rescuing damsels in distress,and explores discovering new creatures lurking in the shadows. As day light faded and darkness over took, their fun was yet to be done. Picture shows became their source of amusement, their shadows acting as the performers. There was no judgement....there was no hate...they were only kids, who for a moment, could create a world of their own.

That's the joy of being a child. You don't need music to make you dance, alcohol to relax you, or drugs to make you fly...all you need is a place to call your own, a good imagination, and a few good friends who will stand by you.

What is Stand By Me about?
Stand By Me: a role play based on life is an interactive role play in which the characters create the plot. They start of a children and over time create bonds,have adventures, and discover themselves through one another.

Of course, that would make things too simply...am I right? Things become more difficult as the characters grow. Life becomes more than just playing tag and building forts. They will struggle though the difficulties of everyday life, while trying to hold on to the friendship they have come to rely on. Some may move away, some may drift apart, and some may stay together, but one fact will stay the same throughout this role play....

Now comes the part where I explain who I am looking to create such a role play with. Of course we all hate this part, but as much as I hate to say it...some people do not have the dedication to stay with a role play.

*Literacy. I can not stress this enough. I am extremely tired of reading short and choppy sentences. Not everyone can write five-eight paragraph responses, and that is perfectly fine, but I promise you, it is possible to write an amazing post with a minimal of three paragraphs if you know how.

* Commitment is the key. It doesn't matter how many role players you have, everyone plays an important part. I beg you, if you join this role play, stick it out through the end...or at least tell us if you will no longer participate.

*A willingness to move the role play forward on your own. If you feel things are dragging on...push them forward.

*Imagination. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Profile sheets:
Since this is a role play based on characters, I feel it should be free range. Create the character you want using whatever profile sheet you wish. Have fun with it. I will assume the effort you put into the creation of your character is the same you will give during the role play, so take your time and make it wroth reading.

Place KIDS somewhere on your outline
Last edited by Scarlett_Rose on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Stand By Me: a role play based on life

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Ah, you made the roleplay! I'll begin working on my character but I won't be able to submit it until later. I'm going on a road trip that is a minimum of eight hours in duration because I'm going from a province to a city. DX I hope that's ok! I will be able to finish my character and submit when I arrive or a few hours afterwards (since it will be really late GMT +8 time when I arrive).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aradia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Aradia- what country are you from? :)
@Scarlett- here's what I have so far.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by lovechanningforever on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Right now just focus on the child aspect of your character. We'll grow them as the role play progresses, so leave out the teen and adult years for now. it adds for a surprise later

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 pm

NVM this post
Last edited by lovechanningforever on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 pm

I live in the Philippines. X3 I used to live in NYC but I moved here for college. I'll probably be here for a while but I'm so used to most people living in the states that I remember timezones. Haha.

Aradia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Oh okay. So around what age? I'll edit then.

@aradia- I am in the Philippines! But you are American?

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Aw, finally. A very intresting and tempting roleplay that will have a higher chance of living and thriving. I'll send in a character sometime tomorrow. I'm supposed to be doing homework so I hope you some of you will understand.
The price of being a sheep is boredom.
The price of being a wolf is Loneliness.
Choose one or the other with great care.

-Hugh Macleod

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm curious too. So we will start the character sheet with them as children and just gradually add onto it? I like that. And oh my gosh, really?! I hardly ever meet people from the Phils in rps. :o Mhm. I just moved here last May but both my parents are Filipino and I'm full Filipino so I don't stand out or anything. XD

Aradia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Little Troll on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:16 pm

I am very interested in this. Can I join in, please?
~Trolling At Its Finest~

Little Troll
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:32 pm

@aradia- lol but your accent will! I've met a couple of filipinos here but im not sure where they are now lol.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 pm

O.o All these people lol

Um, Channing it's really up to you. Just not a teen, but old enough to talk and able to think lol (My two are eight and ten starting off.)

Littletroll, anyone can submit a charactersheet. However, I'll stop around five or six people role playing.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby City on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm

I will probably create a CS for this tomorrow evening! :)
HeSayImBad...
HeProllyRight

Yayus.
Updates
-No Current Updates-
(Though you should join my new roleplay)

My OPEN Roleplays
-An Eternal Consequence-
4/6 Immortal and Human Spots Remaining (Fantasy)

City
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm

So, you want us to post our characters here?
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sterek17 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 pm

I'll post a character sheet tomorrow after school.

Sterek17
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Please do not post characters here, submit them in the character section of the role play to be approved.

Also please see this link Questions and Answers

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:16 pm

That and I can't speak Tagalog yet. XD I have to start learning how 'cause everyone stares when I speak in English. Oh! Well I'm glad that I've met another. X3. I think I might start my character at 7 or 8. I'm not too sure. It will most likely be a male.
Last edited by Aradia on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aradia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fauxreality on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:29 pm

I'd really love to join this role play with one of my boys. :D
I'll start the application now, but I probably won't finish until later tonight.
Some girls dream about running away with Prince Charming.
I dream about running away with
The Doctor.

fauxreality
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:38 pm

I can not stress this enough. Read the QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS as well as the INTRODUCTION. Both have information that can cause your profile to be rejected.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:55 pm

I'll have to drop by later. I'm trying to get the hang of my own GM-ship over an RP I just started, but this looks incredibly interesting. I have a friend who may be interested as well.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!