Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Nightwing's Voyage

ALIEMS

a part of “The Nightwing's Voyage”, a fictional universe by HOLYCRAPAGHOST.

It's the year 4035. There are 12 planets registered with the Intergalactic Council; ambassadors whom work together to keep the universe at peace. However, the Ambassadors have kept secrets, secrets that may reveal the lost history of humans. [CLOSED]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Nightwing's Voyage”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

ALIEMS

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HOLYCRAPAGHOST on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:55 am

All alien species ideas will go here. XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HOLYCRAPAGHOST
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: ALIEMS

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peace_love_dance on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 pm

... You wrote aliams

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

peace_love_dance
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HOLYCRAPAGHOST on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Yes, I am aware. It was very much intentional. XD

HOLYCRAPAGHOST
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 am

Since I enjoy the encyclopedia managing thing, I’ll volunteer to create an index post with links to existing information as well as what appears in this thread. This will be a simple alphabetical list of species, planets, systems, etc. Please do tell me your corrections and things that should be added.

Species

AI
Android
Drakathon
Exburnan
Fenrees(?): some kind of unpleasant creature
Firni
Human
K’Siel
Metamorphite
Sartiki(?): a cute creature from Wen
Shar
Shariva
Sozard
Toshick
Tripod synth
Vasparti
Xylamar

Places

Central Planets
Coriv system: where Phenz is.
Crithnis
Earth: disappeared home planet of Humans.
Lisvash Space Station
Phenz: planet where the trip began
Shivani system: where Earth might be.
Wen

TODO: Add places that were mentioned to be stops

Organizations

Federation(?)
IDA: Intergalactic Defense Academy
Intergalactic Council
RMEE
I can keep myself sane because I’ve got my candy gun!

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:07 pm

I'm to assume we're headed to Exburna? I can't wait to introduce a bunch of new species. Though, I'm having trouble coming up with Flora. Also, I haven't come up with names for them all yet. And, I think Exburnans and Sozard would have been desended from panther-like or tiger-creatures, but are similar to Exburnans. Also, I wanna introduce three other species. One is a small cute little creature, despite being gross in appearance, that share traits with dogs, and are kept in cities not just as pets, but they are somehow good at warding off other creatures, carnivorous, parasite and insectoid like. And I was thinking about parasite-like creatures, about as big as stuffed animals, and though can be deadly, are also prey to many creatures, and rarely reach adult stage, where they become giant elephant sized creatures that breed like crazy, but are rare, and can only defend themselves using their legs.

All these, and they are only natural creatures. How about artificial creatures? I have tons of ideas for those, both full biological and partially mechanical. Exburnans are even crazy enough to try fabricating dinosaurs. >:D

Of course, obviously they wont all play important roles, more of just mentions. Maybe somebody could pick up a couple weapons, an even a pet :P

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I've always been trying to think of some kind of theory in this roleplay that would explain why most of all the intelligent aliens discovered so far are so easily described as Humanoids. Even Rokunam picks up traits such as that, and had his race gone through normal evolution, they could have ended up human-like as well. I'm going with the cosmic ray theory, how evolution works in jumps caused by cosmic rays that effect any developing lifeform. That, combined with the likeliness that most planets are carbon based. Carbon based planets have creatures that look similar to ours on earth, having two eyes, an even number of limbs, a head, a brain, common variables like that, (likewise with how plants use photosynthesis and are usually green and common variables like that). So, these two factors make sense. Though, Exburnan creatures are usually different. I suppose the planet is probably Carbon based along with some other element, that's why there are some similarities between Exburnan and other creatures, but many other factors are different. Most Exburnan creatures have an odd amount of limbs. Many Exburnan creatures have many eyes, usually of different sizes and of strange coloration, and a pattern between many creatures is that most creatures will have brown, brownish-red or brownish green skin (Exburnans, etc.) while others will have a lighter shade of lime green to yellowish green (Sozards, Ringer Hounds, etc.).

Anyway, a point I'm trying to get at, is really, the connection between the wildlife of different planets. I'm just trying to come up with a theory to explain why they are similar, and furthermore, why humanoid creatures of different planets look similar. Carbon and Cosmic disturbances sound dandy, but, what if there is something further into it than that? What if there is a reason for the relationship, such as maybe human-like aliens occupying different planets, maybe the same kind that Rokunam and the Exburnans refer to as deities and gods (I'll mention something about it later on in the roleplay, like Rokunam reciting an old tale or something) which happen to look similar to your typical Roswell alien, which do have humanoid traits. And furthermore, what if, whatever the reason for the similarity in different humanoids is, it has something to do with the supposedly destroyed/missing/lost Earth?

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:06 am

In a past roleplay I made fun of this problem by claiming there were many Earths and humans evolved independently on all of them. This explained away that different players had incompatible histories of humanity, while raising many more questions.

It does make some sense that tool-making creatures from Earth-like planets will tend to look at least somewhat similar to humans (though in reality this probably is false). However genetic compatibility (different species being able to have children with each other) while closely related species from the same planet (like humans and chimpanzees) are not compatible makes no sense at all. (Note that Saein has had exactly that thought some pages back :D )
Of course Dlew being full of spinning gears also doesn’t make sense, so perhaps we shouldn’t demand that everything makes sense.

I guess humanoid similarity to the point of genetic compatibility can only be explained by there being or having been gods or godlike beings. We are those gods in some sense, but introducing another species that introduced life everywhere could be a nice way to handwave away the nonsense we created. They could even be humans that time traveled from the future.

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:16 am

Apparently posts become uneditable after some time. So here’s an updated repost of the information I have collected. (I’m currently on page 14 rereading the whole RP looking for information to include or correct)

Species

AI
Android
Drakathon
Exburnan
Firni
Furnak: a creature from Wen similar in appearance to a large striped hyena, behavior is similar to that of a dog
Human
K’Siel
Linrees: a large and very dangerous creature
Metamorphite
Sartiki: a cute creature from Wen
Shar
Shariva
Sozard
Toshick
Tripod synth
Vasparti
Xylamar

Places

Central Planets
Bimosi system: second planned stop
Coriv system: where Phenz is.
Crithnis
Earth: disappeared home planet of Humans.
Lisvash Space Station
Nirvish system: third planned stop. Hypersleep begins after this.
Phenz: planet where the trip began
Shivani system: where Earth might be. Might be the Milky Way.
Villy system: first planned stop
Wen

Organizations

Federation(?)
IDA: Intergalactic Defense Academy
Intergalactic Council
RMEE

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Okay, here are some picture ideas of what Council Guards might look like...

ImageImage

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!