Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

We Are Alive - The Beginning

a part of “We Are Alive - The Beginning”, a fictional universe by Deallo.

When the dead suddenly rises, you don't stock up guns, go out, and have a merry time. You cower. You cower and run back to your apartment with other people who did the same; your neighbors. [Literates Only!]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “We Are Alive - The Beginning”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:43 pm

Good Evening people! Introduce yourselves and if you have any questions or/and are interested ask away or show your presence!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Deallo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: We Are Alive - The Beginning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Zombies !!!!! okay I will be adding a character to this!
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dimon lord on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:22 am

I bought a coconut because I was at Hagen's at the time........I used a bat.
Sounds like a fun rp i think i will become one with it.
ImageImage

FEAR ME LOVE ME FOR I AM YOUR KING

dimon lord
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imbecile on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:04 am

I'm interested in this, but I do have some questions.

How much do you expect in a post?
How regularly do you want us to post?
Will the characters already be familiar with one another, because they live in the same building?
HOW WILL WE GET DER GUNZ!!?!??!!!!!???!

EDIT:
Got more questions, yah.

What is the age range of the players? I understand most will will pick teenagers (might be slightly older) but it wouldn't hurt to make a kid. Or a bad-ass grandma.
Last edited by Imbecile on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"there are two
types of tired,
I suppose one is a dire need of sleep
the other is a dire need of peace"

Imbecile
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rpannier on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 am

I am definitely interested. When I get a chance I'll set up a character and see what u think.
If you don't hear back from me in a few days, drop me a pm, i may have gotten distracted

rpannier
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 am

Hi! I'm interested in this, I'll get an application up ASAP.

Just a question, besides being slow and hard to attack, what are these zombies really like? I mean, like, if you cut off their head, will they keep moving, as long as they are able to see?

Just asking. Anyway, I'll get that application up.
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosxChild13 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 am

... I'm down :) have my character up and ready
If you have one foot in yesterday, and another in tomorrow, you'll piss on today.
Many long for immortality but haven't a clue what to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon
“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”

ChaosxChild13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 am

I LOVE me some zombies! Character submitted. :D

kexia
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eleera Cain on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 am

I would very much like to join this RP but at the moment my Intranet is playing up so I would like to submit a character but basing on that I would only be able to post about four times a week (possibly more), I would understand completely if you did not accept my character. But if you did I would appreciate it tremendously. My thanks. I will have submit my character soon. Oh I also rather love a bit of Zombie killing action myself. :D~

~EDIT~

I have submitted my character but I have not yet finished it, but I promise I will finish it promptly.
Image Image Image LoveHurtsbut then againso does living

Eleera Cain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Merchant on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:39 pm

I submitted a character and it is finished except for the room number. I'll take the highest floor due to my character likes his peace and quiet. Number would be the furthest from the other rooms on the same floor.

Merchant
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 pm

BRAINS!!! I mean....uh....ZOMBIES! :D

legacy14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Character submitted :D

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Helllllo People!

So I shall address people individually first:

@Imbecile - If you read the rules...those first two questions would already be answered. The characters may or not be familiar with other characters. Maybe your character can recognize others, is stalking a fellow tenant, is good friends with another- I leave this up to you guys to build.

And about guns, you're going to be in Brooklyn. If you think your character is the sort to carry a gun and has the dough (they are expensive) to buy one then he or she could get one. However, in an urban area...I think gunshots will do more harm then good, with the possibility of attracting the Horde and ensuring destruction.

About character ages, I don't want teenagers. Or at least the slew of 15-17 year olds; I want people old enough to pay rent to a landlord. Kids are a bit of a tricky subject...one of our first stops will be a public school across the street but that'll be more so of a moral dilemma. Though I'm getting a lot of twenty somethings, which are normally prime for people who pay rent, I was more so hoping for people who are 30 and older who had a bad month or were always poor. Yes. Badass grandma is awesome and acceptable. (Coming from the guy who RP's one in another Roleplay)

@TaniaSoulEater - The zombies are slow in the way that they can only walk, perhaps increase their speed slightly in the sight of prey, and if you cut off their head their body will fall. Their head on the other hand will still be alive, and can bit if you put your fingers in it's mouth.

@Eleera - Sorry for rejecting your character. I didn't see your OOC post before looking at the character. My apologies : /

Alright now everyone, I'm going to send you PM's about why I DON'T like your character sheets from a GM point of view and hopefully we can make some revisions. Cool? Cool.

If you don't want to wait for PM's, you can look here, because I'll explain some shit.

1) You cannot have multiple jobs.

Plain and simple. Some things I can let go like a full time job and a part time job or two full time jobs if they require manual labour. However, you cannot make stuff like professional kickboxer and songwriter. There can only be one job if it requires a dedicated amount of skill, labour, education, and/or practice.

2) More description...

And add more written description please, because believe it or not, pictures don't tell a thousand words. If you have at least a good paragraph, you're good. When I read your description, I should be able to imagine your character in front of me. And, well, try to make your characters look more human instead of more celebrity.

Then that's it.

I've also added two new parts to the character sheet: How long you've stayed on 83 Irving, Skills and Weaknesses. Please add them to your character sheets and fill them out!

Deallo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Added the new parts to my sheet. Thanks!

kexia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 pm

I've edited my character and added the extra stuff

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Okay, well, I edited Addison.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby arteech0kee on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 am

Thanks for accepting. I'm excited for this one.
Oh! And I updated the new parts :)

arteech0kee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deallo on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:32 pm

As am I artee, As am I : )

Well, I feel a bit stupid now. Turns out the rules I've typed up didn't make it on the main page. SO I've put them on and I hope everyone who's already accepted reads them.

Deallo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:25 pm

I cleaned up Kael's profile and added a picture to the description. Looks alot better now!

legacy14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Merchant on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:05 am

I think I added all the additional info. If there was anything else let me know.

Merchant
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!