Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm

Pantheon Cataclysm

a part of “The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm”, a fictional universe by Midnightclub.

Gods rule the cosmos and all that is within. As one of these elite beings how will you run the world? What will you create?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Pantheon Cataclysm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnightclub on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Pantheon Cataclysm"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Midnightclub
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Pantheon Cataclysm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gypsy on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Gonna myself in the morning but...

FIRST!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gypsy
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Appears that we've nearly been bumped from the feed thing of like five or so newest roleplays.
"It's not that I believe people are generally bad in nature, it's that..I know it with every fiber of my cold dark being."

CussingChild
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 am

Are you going to put up the Created Beings Thread, Midnight?

No rush, just want to make sure I'm getting everything organized correctly, or if it's to be put somewhere else or anything.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnightclub on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:30 am

Done and done.

Still haven't figured out how to have a second GM.

Midnightclub
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:36 am

Sweet, I was worried too about that thread. Glad to see it up. Now I can place my previous creations back here. :)

It's all coming together! >:D Mwahaha!

Anyway, that's alright we can just establish some where that I am the Co-GM until we figure how to do it.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:20 am

I don't see Adarani on the list of Elder Deities in the introduction. Weird. Did you mean to add her to that list later, Midnight?

By the way, Seven, nice take on what the god of Death would be like. I kind of figured he would be of neutral alignment, but whatever. :)
[CENTER]Image

Monsters create victims. Some victims become monsters to return the favor to the monsters who victimize them.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 am

Cragin has a special connection to both your characters. The bromance has expanded.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:46 pm

@ZacharyTC: Why thank you! :) I wasn't so sure myself, I'm trying to go for this sort of dual personality scheme. The obvious cold, emotionless, ruthlessness that seems common of Death, yet giving him personality. Sort of adding life to him, with the whole egocentric and debonair part of his character. It would make sense to have him neutral, but I did intend for this to be a villain. It was one of the main problems in the last one. So in order to make it less of a problem, I created him.

@CussingChild: LOL! Didn't expect Cragin to have special connection at all with Othuma. I thought he would be guarded against him, like he was with Kreios.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinno1234 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:16 pm

I regain time for stuff again only to discover I've been turned into a pineapple. :(

Vinno1234
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:22 pm

He's guarded with Mathias as well as everyone. But death already applies to mortals, now a God has stepped in to take advantage of that. It's namely the man's connection to the scythe, skeletal themes. And a warrior instinct it would seem.

Change and death are of the same spectrum. :P

I figure underlying themes connect the two! And hey, Vinno. You never fully got into your ideals. So perhaps you could have a God of the same caliber pick up where Miucrost left off.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinno1234 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Mayhaps I'll drop the "Wandering" thing and become a God of Artifice.

*Edit: Also, why a Pineapple?

Vinno1234
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

And I hope no one thinks of me as a douche, sorry if it comes off that way. I don't mean it. I just want to make sure everyone knows that land may have to be split and divided depending on how many characters we get.

Your claim was very reasonable, 7-11.

And Cragin might would have to give up land to if the circumstances arose.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Oh no, I thought nothing bad of your conditions. They made sense to me so I had nothing to say to objectify it.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinno1234 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:04 pm

I've an idea for a dark path this new god of mine could take. Or, perhaps, "Gods" if I could possibly get two character slots. It'd involve tattered fragments of Miurcrost's mind and soul managing, through sheer dumb luck, to fall into a divine seed. However, these pieces have been so throughly damaged as to be divided up into three separate intelligences, the remains of Miurcrost's mind being his desire to invent and create, Logos, his desire to wander and explore, Pathos, and his sense of Morality, Ethos. These pieces would be fighting for control over the divine energies, so as to use them however they see fit. Logos and Pathos would simply wish to use these energies to do what they want, whereas Ethos would want to use them to reconstitute Miurcrost. but, Logos and Pathos would team up, agreeing to strike down Ethos and split the energies amongst themselves. They do that, Logos gets to become a cold, calculating inventor and artificer with no constraints to morality, Pathos gets to become a capricious, nomadic rapscallion with no constraints to morality, while ethos gets locked inside an amulet which is then split in half. And so, one benevolent god becomes two malevolently indifferent gods.. Also, I still have to ask, why something so ridiculous as a pineapple?

Vinno1234
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Tropical vibes, Vinno. And that sounds good to me, though I think we established that the "essence" of the Gods is absolved into space. So now Miucrost's existence is documented in the sky with a symbol.

And so I'm not completely sure that you could use it that way. But I've no idea, in my opinion it sounds like a pretty cool sequence of events. But don't take my opinion for anything. Midnight and 7-11 are who matter as they're the GMs.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Well even if I am the Co-Gm, that was only effective as of the posting of the continuation. I didn't have any say, except for my own character, in the Cataclysm. You will have to ask Midnight why you became a pineapple, I didn't have anything to do with the whole "How each god dies" bit. Midnight just took in to consideration everybody's characters and asked our opinions on how we want our characters to act in the Cataclysm. For those that weren't there, well he had to come up with how they died and what not. Don't know why a pineapple though. :S

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Could have been much worse.

Like a melon,

or, lemon

or, kiwi.

Yah know, there are worse things than a pineapple.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadebud98 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 pm

*Jadebud rises up from the shadows of quietness*

Pineapples are cool.

Jadebud98
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinno1234 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:30 pm

@Cussing: Could I chock it up to "Trinket I made while i was twiddling my thumbs, doing nothing?" Trinket that perhaps keeps part of my soul from being constellationised. Like, maybe my Constellation is incomplete or something. looks like Miurcrost with chunks missing.

No, no, better yet. Lessay Miurcrost left something behind that chronicled his experiences, like one of those shrines. And let's also say that a Divine Seed fell into this shrine. However, with all the craaaazay stuff going on at the time, the whole "hatching" process didn't quite go right. So, this caused the Logos Ethos and Pathos of the god that would've result, which might've shared some of Miurcrost's personality and memories, to get all scrambled up and do what I described above. Including the possibility for a sort of "resurrection" of Miurcrost if the three personalities were ever to be placed within one body. Though, this would still be something the two free ones would work to prevent.

And mayhaps they could share a single Character slot. I've already made a neat avatar for them.
Last edited by Vinno1234 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vinno1234
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!