Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Multiverse

Description Suggestions for Places in The Multiverse

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Multiverse”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Description Suggestions for Places in The Multiverse

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby Mr. Crow on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:10 am

I've been looking through the list of places in the Multiverse, and I'm noticing a lot of locations that don't have descriptions. I want to remedy this problem.

Let's suggest some edits to the Multiverse GMs (apparently, only Remæus right now! Poor guy.) so they have some people to help them out. Pick one of the locations with a bare description, and submit your modifications using the [code] tag here so it can be copy-pasted into the place page.

Places that only have, "You have entered the void..." as a description are great candidates. If you think the original description of a Place needs to be expounded upon, then please be reasonable and select the Places with more bare descriptions, unless otherwise stated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Crow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Description Suggestions for Places in The Multiverse

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Suggested description: Something about a coastal town, possibly something to do with trade with other regions of Terra (the ones that haven't been blown to shit, anyway). With all the focus on Wing City, Solinus has been rising as a center of arts, culture and entertainment. Terra's savage and backwater nature (compared to other planets, anyway) usually translate this to sports revolving around combat and/or bloodshed.

IDK, I'm tired as hell.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Description Suggestion for Solinus City

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Crow on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Code: Select all
A brave site of charm located on the Eastern Seaboard of the Aslund continent. It thrives on the well-being of it's people, it craves the higher life, and it shines brighter than any artificial place on Terra. This is Solinus City! Be it claimed as a second chance to happiness, or a woeful challenge, the residents rely upon the chance deeds of others to keep a steady hand in life.

The pulsing lights of several tall skyscrapers, and urban highway tunnels keep every inch of the city lit. Traffic is what none might think it to be: Mild. Underneath all the slick plazas, innocent flower shops, and looming bridges, there is a vast subway system.

This underground rail-road is not unlike most subways, except for the fact that it boistures supreme technological advantages in comparison to others. Nearly everyone uses the subway system in Solinus City. It is the darkest place in the entire city, which should warn visitors of shady characters. But, it's the most convenient source of transportation, so you won't be there without a crowd.

Further east is the decadent Port Solinus.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Crow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 am

Location Wing City Business District

Glass and steel assembled skyward to create what was the Wing City Business District. Buildings of prestige towered over the glistening pavement, where smartly dressed Terrans paraded to and fro. To walk here was to step with intent, any outsider would soon notice, for suits and skirts peppered the pristine sidewalk. In turn, the glorious  mobile mechanisms that dare line the sidewalks were temporary and taxed. Parking meters were in effect in the Business District.

Large billboards boasted of spectacular performances happening in other parts of the city, situated high above the walkways. A liquids shop nestled it's way into most every corner, while news stands opened on every block. In the distance, [url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-multiverse/places/sol-tower/]Sol Tower[/url] peeked over the large buildings, dwarfing them in contrast. However, if you were to turn around, [url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-multiverse/places/omnicorp-hq/]Omnicorp Hq[/url] would provide ample to look up at. It was, after all, one of the tallest buildings in Wing City.

As every proper business district should, a large display wrapped around a building, displaying the current stock.

Location Eastern Wing City

Eastern Wing City, smog suburbopolis and home to the best and the worst this city had to offer. The grime was part of the charm, the honking horns really just brass in an orchestra of urban chaos. When you looked past the bustle and noise, there was a melting pot of cultures deeply satiated into the very weave of society.

The structures themselves reflected a long history of turmoil. In some places buildings were patched from explosions, in others just the foundation remain. Between the deli's sat bunkers, and even the yards of the residents boasted doors to underground escapes, their roofs holding turrets high.  Either way, it was apparent by the architecture that Wing City would be standing for a while.

Like any suburbopolis, the traffic was horrible. The only real time to drive was at night, when the hover-bike gangs and hot-rodders took their wheels for a spin.

This one was very difficult. If anyone wants to add more, go for it. I kinda just added on to what was there to begin with
The road lead steadily on from the Western Gate, towards Wing City's namesake lake.  The lands were untamed, with small trails running through the wilderness. Shrubbery and gentle trees subtly defined the way. It seemed, no matter where you would stray, you would always find yourself working to go towards the lake.

The paths themselves were of dirt and grass, worn enough to show the way. Many animals traved through here, which would be made apparent by found footprints and droppings.

I'll do more some other time. I know these places are used, so I figured I'd do them real quick!
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks a ton, guys! I've updated all of the locations suggested. Everyone is free to submit revisions, but please work off what is now included on those pages thanks to these lovely submissions.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!