Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Gentlemen Robbers

The Gentlemen Robbers

a part of “The Gentlemen Robbers”, a fictional universe by SkullsandSlippers.

Gentlemen robbers of the road but the world is changing. Will you still cry "Stand and Deliver"?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Gentlemen Robbers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Gentlemen Robbers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:25 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Gentlemen Robbers"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: The Gentlemen Robbers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:53 pm

This looks very promising. Even without the backstory, I'd join on the fact that you can write literately.
I can't put my tongue on it, though, but this reminds me of a book I once read...

If there will be a posting order to prevent general havoc and characters being left out whilst their writers are busy in real life, a friend of mine and myself would be happy to join. I've already got a character idea...
If you kill Callen, I'm going to kill you, and then Quinn. My penguin army shall rise from the crumbles of the great Cookie war of Elderon IV, and rue the day you ever did displease me you will!
-psalm 3:5; Book of Nevermore

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Not big on posting order but I am big in general flow. If you want an idea of how a game would flow with me running check "Dark Carnival". I am co-gaming that game at the moment. Also check Letter of Marque for an idea of the other people who will be joining us, specifically Varxint who is playing Braith, Kohananinja and Genesis Rhapsodos. I also have Monroe interested. I can promise that they are all very literate writers with a good sense of flow.

There are a few books that carry the theme of highwaymen. There are numerous poems too. This is set in the same universe and Letter of Marque and characters from the two games may meet.

I hope you and your friend do submit characters. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevermore90 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:41 pm

The two games? Roleplays are called roleplays, not games, so either you're using a terminology I am not used to or you are saying this is based (however loosely or strongly) on cannon material.

Nevermore90
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Roleplaying games...as in two here on the site that I write in/portray characters in and one of which I co-GM. I am old school pen and paper gamer. Role plays are a form of gaming whether here or at a table or on a video game. No cannon material. World created by Varxint and myself, highwayman idea from Irish Wolf and my plot.

I have always called RPG's games. I apologize if the terminology caused confusion.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 pm

You've never head a roleplay called a game before? That seems awfully strange to me. Just as a heads up so we can all stay on the page, Nevermore, 'game' is standard terminology for a roleplay (or roleplaying game), the writers in said roleplay are often referred to as 'gamers', and as the leader of this game, SkullsandSlippers will be the 'game master'. I hope that clears things up a bit.

Skulls, this all looks really good, and I'm working on a character sheet right now.

Monroe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Alrighty. Submitted. Braith returns. Yay. I like him, happy to play him again.

Though, I must say, I'm also confused on how one would miss the Game part of RP_G_...

Looking forward to working with you Skulls. Been fun in previous games, can't imagine this will break the trend.

varxint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:58 pm

This looks really interesting, I'm working on a character now. Seeing as I didn't take part in the other rpg's associated with this one, would you recommend taking a look at them or will their storylines not have too much of an affect on this one?
Last edited by Wild1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By reading this you are now a Discordian pope. Congratulations!

Wild1
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:04 pm

No you don't need to know the other two games at all. The Hunt brothers are a lead in for the previous players, Letter of Marque since it is the same world. We will our own plot. If we cross over it will be worked out to be smooth between Varxint and I. NO previous knowledge is needed of the games.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 pm

I remember Promising in Stand and Deliver that I'd still want to be a part of any remake. If any of you don't remember me I was a Bounty Hunter in that RP... Though I never caught up to anyone yet... I wish to join this one because a promise is a Promise. :D

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 pm

I do if course remember and would of course look over any character you submit :)

Got your character Wild and will review her this evening.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Okay then, Submitted my character and I can't wait to get started! :D

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Alright, Var and Monroe both Braith and Jules are accepted.

Firewind you will be the next one I look over. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Wild1, L is accepted.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Koh, Fox is in. Are you making a character for Rooster too?

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:13 pm

And Markus is in.

So far everyone seems willing to collaborate and make things work. Wonderful.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maitros on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 am

How many people are you accepting? Any chance you wouldn't mind another?

Maitros
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:38 am

I will gladly look over another character. Please feel free to submit one :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Welcome aboard Northern!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Oh, hai!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!