Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Jack the Ripper

Jack the Ripper

a part of “Jack the Ripper”, a fictional universe by WingedOctopus.

In Victorian London, serial killers roam the streets, the most notorious of whom is Jack the Ripper... [Have fun. Survive. And don't get caught.]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Jack the Ripper”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Jack the Ripper

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Hello guys!

So we will be totally romanticizing the 1880's here (the exact year is 1888). I know literally nothing about this era of history other than romance novels I've read, history books, movies, and what I've read in the library, so bear with me. The history isn't really the point; as you can see, we're romanticizing almost everything. I imagine Jack will be a most dashing and daring character. Which, I am sure, he was not.

Now guys, I'm a total softie despite my penchant for bloody role-plays, so I'm hoping the OOC will be a big bundle of love and fun and friendship. Let's keep the murder to the rp, eh? o//u//o

The main "bad guy", or, I should say, bad organization, is Scotland Yard. Or, you could interpret it as the murderers being the bad guys and SY as the good guys, depending on how you look at it, I dunno... but as you can see, I've taken one of the girls, who will be sort of an antagonistic force, as she will be related to SY (not directly, of course; women aren't respected in the Victorian age! Even I know as much). Execution is NOT a fun thing here and everybody is trying to avoid it. C:

As for the way that the girls get into these plans, it may be a botched murder, a smoky bar, or a rescue attempt. I have my ideas in mind, but we will decide more as we prepare for beginning posts.

Believe it or not, the motivation for this rp came to me while watching Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog; the reason being that I am fascinated by the concept of conquering one's inner darkness, so let's plan for plenty of inner turmoil as well as outer.

I think that's all, as I'm beginning to ramble. <3 One last thing, though; I'd love it if you checked out my other active role-play, The Bane of Mortality, in order to see what I will expect from you. The character sheets and posting are prime examples of what I'm wanting to see from you, and the OOC is a model of what I hope we will achieve, which is friendship and fun!

Aaaand now I sound like a kindergarten teacher.

Peace! --Octo
Last edited by WingedOctopus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Jack the Ripper

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Can I reserve a girl? Perhaps the second slot?
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Loup on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:19 pm

May I please reserve Jack the Ripper? This roleplay caught my eye instantly- I've had a weird morbid obsession with Jack haha. I understand you don't do reservations, persay, but I'm just I guess mentioning my interest in the role? Would you like me, then, to work on/submit his character application before or after PMing you?

Scarlet Loup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Yeah, like I said, reservations are pointless because creativity wins out, but it's a really great idea to mention your interest to me to put it in my head C: As for Loup, PM me and we'll talk more tomorrow (I'm going to bed! I just wanted this rp out here).

Also, I edited the first OOC. Please read! Thanks! :3

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Loup on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Mmm...so many wonderful ideas for "Jack". I'll send you a PM shortly and then I'm going to start on the application. I'm very excited for this :3

Scarlet Loup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MusaMe on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 pm

I know of the no reservations rule, but I'm just throwing out there that I'm going to create a killer. For my own sick way if thinking considering I can't do it in real life. :( Jk. But I am going to make a killer. >:D
“Whenever you take on playing a villain, he has to cease to be a villain to you. If you judge this man by his time, he's doing very little wrong.”
― Colin Firth

MusaMe
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am

Oooooooohhhh, this sounds awesome.
I read a book on Jack the Ripper a little while ago.

One of the suspects was Walter Sickert, an artist who actually hated women with a passion, and loved the abnormal.
I was wondering maybe if...I could do a character based off of him?

I was just wondering if this was okay, after all, I'd be doing a character based off of a real person. I would put in my own ideas though, I just...kind of want you to verify this. ^.^
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:32 am

Winged, I sent you a PM, to look over my character if your interested in accepting me.

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissBrightside_ on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm

I was wondering whether it'd be ok for me to make a, hmm, 'woman of the night' shall we put it? Of course there won't be anything about her..Career graphically.

Is it bad that I like playing these kind of girls? :P

MissBrightside_
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:01 pm

@Thadine: Oh yeah, that's totally fine! I draw inspiration from other places all the time!
@Brightside: Sure, but of course, age appropriate. Speaking of...
@everyone: Let's keep it all PG13 romance-wise, eh? You have to remember that all of Jack's victims were streetwalkers, so yeah, this won't be a pleasant role-play, but I'd like to leave out violent rape and other vulgar things (as if murder itself isn't vulgar enough, ha-ha, but I hope you understand what I mean). Language is up to the character's personality. Violence is at your own discretion. (Although admittedly I am more fascinated by deep descriptions of a person's thoughts as they murder rather than deep descriptions of the murder itself.)
Which also reminds me...

Like I sort of said in the first OOC post, the entire theme of this role-play is "CONQUERING YOUR INNER DARKNESS". I am obsessed with psychology and stories that deal with that sort of dark mystery. <33

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MusaMe on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Hey Winged, I'm extremely curious right now and am wondering how many women have been submitted, and how many killers have been submitted? That been bugging me! Lol. But don't feel like your forced to answer or anything.

MusaMe
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 pm

If I get it, I get it, If I don't, I don't. No biggie for me. All is fair in COMPETITION and war. Haha. :P

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby headwig1010 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

hi i just posted a female murder i'm not sure if its what your looking for but if its not would you mind telling me how i could impove it i'm very new at this so pointers are appericated :)
Last edited by headwig1010 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

headwig1010
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:26 pm

this looks much too good to pass up. I would love to be a murderer..... Male please.
"Oh, there's some bubble wrap over there not being used? I'll just leave it alone."-Said: No one, EVER.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:19 pm

I've always been fascinated with Jack the Ripper (I don't know why). I would love to join, sent in a girl position!! Hope you like it! =D
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:32 am

Hi guys~! Geez, I am so pumped for all of the interest this has gotten! At the moment I have 3 submissions for murderers and 2 for girls. I really like both girls and it's likely that they will both be put in unless other sheets arrive, and all the killers are great too, but I haven't compared all the submissions too closely. I'll do that now so I don't leave you guys on the hook.

As for the killers, however, I think I'll leave that decision to Monday. At the moment I'm just going to tell you that as the three sheets stand now I don't think all of them would be accepted, and not because they aren't amazing D: I know it's difficult to avoid the dark, bitter, cynical cliche in murderers, but I don't want all four killers to be brooding and angsty, you know? On their own all three sheets are great but together... too much testosterone ;u;

I haven't actually gotten a sheet for Jack yet, though two people have expressed interest.

So I'll go along and check out those girls, and make up my own sheet~ C:

Ahhh I really hate this part of the process; despite the dark role-plays I create, I am... such a softy. *curls up in a pool of my own tears* I hate turning anyone away because, despite my title being "GM", I hate playing "god". I mean I'm fine with directing the tide of a role-play, but I don't like the feeling that I am better than other people because I am not. I am sort of a newbie to this site actually ;u; So uhhh yeah please give me mercy in your reactions to who I accept

[e]
@bandgeek: For someone named Bella, Isabella is so epic ehehe ;u; first she's all "I AM KICK BUTT INDEPENDENT WOMAN WUT NOW" but then she's all "I am helpless to my fiance help meeee" and it's just such a great variation and so realistic nghhh I love you *attacks Geek*

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bandgeek on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 am

Her fiancé is scurrrry! That's why she's helpless! XD Oigeez, it'd be funny if her fiancé ended up being one of the killers. o.O.o [So what if I have three eyes now? deal with it, psh.]

And I told you, no tears! *mops up tears*
"She offered herself to the big, bad wolf and didn't scream when he took the first bite."
</3

bandgeek
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MusaMe on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:24 pm

*gives Winged a tissue*
We'll always love you Winged even if you don't accept some of us! ^.^

MusaMe
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 pm

It's fine with me, Winged! haha Just keep making good rps! :)

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 pm

Good luck deciding I understand how hard that can be =D

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!