Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

We weren't alone.

Plot

a part of “We weren't alone.”, a fictional universe by farewellandgoodnight.

In 1974,Nasa sent a message into outer space. The message contained a sample of our languages, culture, and gave out our planets coordinates. For years Nasa waited for a response, but none came.2000 years have passed,and we got a response.(Open!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “We weren't alone.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby farewellandgoodnight on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Alright, so obviously the Preservation isn't going to last forever. I want to have something big happen, where all the cryosleep chambers turn off while humans are in them. This will kill them in a slow process. probably the Aliens found the Preservitation, and shut the power off?

There's only going to be a few groups of people that weren't in cryosleep, yet it's going to be very difficult for them to survive. They don't have anywhere to go, after all. Any ideas?
~I have all the Sunkist, nanana nana na~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

farewellandgoodnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Plot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Well, the aliens should be a major plot element, after all, they are the reason humans went underground, but of course, it would be a little boring if that is all there is to it.
This is a human survival rp, and in many survival books, movies, games, etc...It is not just surviving against the monster or creature, but about human interaction. Right now, you can't be punished by death, in fact, you get to live somewhat longer. How will this affect some people? If you can't get punished by death, some people might go into a killing spree, others might start to rob, and even more. This could be used nicely when trying to show how humans have evolved to accept inmortality and how they cannot be punished by their actions.
There can also be natural disasters. Either natural, or due to the alien activity on the surface. Are there earthquakes, lava flows, volcanoes, etc...
Now, the aliens again. What are we doing against them? Are we preparing an arsenal? recruiting soldiers? Or are we just waiting until they leave? Depending on which one, the plot may vary.
And the last one I have. Are there more people hidden? We know that one scientist led a bunch of people underground, but that was just in one area. What about other cities, countries, or continents? Are we trying to communicate with them? Do we send people to the surface to investigate? Or do we just assume we are the only survivors?

So, in a few words. My ideas are:
-The aliens. Do they stay on top? Or are they searching for us?
-Human interaction and criminals.
-Natural disasters
-Raising an army? Preparing an arsenal?
-Are we alone? Or are there other people hidden?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spartan322
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby farewellandgoodnight on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:42 pm

---I think that the Aliens wouldn't even know humans existed anymore, unless something we did caught their attention again. We've been underground for... a few hundred years. But only something like a giant explosion or, someone going back to the surface would catch their attention.

I'd like to believe that for some reason, the Aliens dislike the humans. It's unknown for now, but the reason might as well be that it's "not personal, just business". Meaning that they were probably evacuated from their own home planet, and were looking for a new home. Lucky enough for them, they found this old, small piece of metal with the coordinates of their new home printed on the side.

So, It's kinda Both. The aliens stay on top, but get suspicious once something major happens underground.

---If Criminals start killing before the Preservation is corrupted, they will be put into Cryosleep. That's the end of it.

(People have gotten used to living longer. It's technically just giving you a longer lifespan.)

Afterwards however, when they are out of the preservation, people might start going insane from having no where to go. Murder can happen.

---Natural Disaster..? They're underground, but not so far underground. But the Aliens did attack the Earth pretty hard. I suppose Earthquakes are more frequent now, and the Earth's temperature is higher.

The scientist could have had the Preservation built in an old mine area, so caves could be nearby. But because of the great attack, most entrances would be blocked.

---Raising an army might not be the best strategy, because we don't have enough humans/androids left for taking out an entire planet. However, they could plan a surprise attack. Supposing the Alien's do have a leader or group of leaders, they would need to take them out first.
(Sorry, I haven't studied much on strategy)

---Ohhh, I like that Idea! It's very possible that other humans have survived. I'm not so sure about how, but since they didn't live in the Preservation, they probably don't follow the same rules either. They could be hostile, or friendly. There might even be more pockets of humans, but we won't know until we find them.

(Did that answer all of your questions? or.. did I skip something? Btw, I appreciate your questions very much!)

farewellandgoodnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:36 pm

As far I can see, you have answered all the questions.
And now I shall ask even more question, because that is how I am.
-What do we know about the aliens? Do we know anything at all? Are they civilized creatures with officials, an army, etc... Or are they just beast with maybe a queen or something?
-What do they look like? Are they humanoid, insect like, reptile, or do they look like something never seen before?
-Does anyone ever venture outside? (I'm assuming that doing that is a big no no, and punished with cryosleep)

Ok, now I'm dry. I might shower you with even more questions later if you want.

I do like your idea that if there were more humans, they would live differently than our characters. For some reason, I though that they would live the same as our characters (something like the vaults from fallout).

As for the plot itself. I think that at first, we should concentrate on the lives of our characters. The aliens should come way later, because making them appear at the beginning would be kind of lame, and would take away the "human survival" part out of the RP. WE could make it so that our characters wander of or something, and they accidentally let the aliens know of our location. Cliched, I know, but hey, it could work. Although it should be left for almost the end, seeing how it will end in catastrophy.

Another question, just because I see you like them.
-Will all of our characters know each other? Or will they meet for the first time? (I assume they already know each other, because 126 people isn't that much, but I will still ask)

spartan322
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby farewellandgoodnight on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Ahaha, thanks for the questions again~!

--If we did know anything about the Aliens, wouldn't we have to have stayed on the surface longer? All knowledge of them would have to have died with Amasu, because he was one of the only humans left that lived on the surface.... (Which, as soon as he had the preservation under control, he put himself in cryosleep.)

But as the 'Author' of the story, I'd say that they are /almost/ civilized. They do have one leader, but he's the strongest. Like a Queen Bee. If the survivors planned to engage a surprise attack, they will have to learn the beasts weaknesses first.

--Though, their race looks nothing like bees. If /anything/, I'd describe them as.... Robotic Snake Bears?(Sorry, that sounds like a stupid description, but it's as close as I can get with human animals.) The adults of their race stand at around the average of 8'3. And as an Artist, I should probably draw their physical appearance out. But for now, let's just say they don't look so friendly~

--0"Nobody is allowed to venture outside! This is Survival we're talking about! If anybody goes outside...w-who knows what will happen?"-Anonymous

You can shower me with questions anytime you want~!

---You probably think they might live the same as us, because come on! Who can live underground for that long without some sort of cryosleep chambers?
Well, That is true. But this Catastrophe did take place in the future after all, other people could have other means of survival. Supposing they lived underground too, maybe they didn't have cryosleep chambers. They just reproduce, and keep it like a normal community. Who knows though? I kind of want the roleplayer to explain their community.

Though, this might bring up another question like: "Wait a minute! Our people live off of immortality pills! What happens when they run out?"

Well to answer myself, They would stay the same. The immortality pills keep you as young as you were when you fell asleep. Odd effect do occur when you take the pills, and you don't go into cryosleep. Worst case scenario, You fall into a Coma.

--Yes! The least we can do is introduce the place we lived in before destroying it. And about our characters meeting for the first time, I like it. Half of the humans stay in cryosleep, and the one's awake are the ones who either don't like staying in cryosleep, taking a break from it, or staying awake because they just like to be awake.

Though, our characters wandering off would be kind of hard. The place is sealed up tighter then a banks safe but, since your character likes to fix things, he could have to fix something on the outside, and my character could come along secretly.
Though, this is very dangerous for the humans to do. They'd have to have special permission to do this.

farewellandgoodnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Ok, I've just squished what little brain I have to come up with more questions which I believe are somewhat relevant to the plot.
-Is there any type of government or official? I assume there will since it would be hard to keep crime to a low level.
-Is there any currency system? Money, spare parts, etc...Or do you get stuff for free?
-If the last one is free. Can you just go get it, or is there a max of quantity of items per person?
-Even though there is plenty of food and equipement, there has to be a limit of how much was brought down. I guess there would be farms with animals and plants for food, but what about electronics and such? Is the reservoir still full? Or is it at a dangerously low leve?
-How are the androids programmed? Are they supposed to be similar to humans in appearance and speech? Or are they cubed, cylindrical, etc.. looking machines with a robotic voice?

Hmmmm, I was pretty sure I had another one, but I can't remember it. /:

spartan322
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby farewellandgoodnight on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 pm

--Look. I think, with the limited brain I have, that the threat of being forced into cryosleep forever is enough to keep crime down. But, now that a think about it, who's going to force them? Their Life Assistance Android, that's who. They are basically the owners of the humans now, yet their prime directive is to protect them.

-- This is about survival, remember? If there is any currency, it would go between the androids. Meaning that if they protect a human for so many years, they are rewarded..?

-- Food is grown in the garden rooms. Artificial sunlight is provided, but only in the garden. There should be enough Garden rooms to provide enough oxygen so... somewhere between 100/1,000. Everything the people the people need is in the Preservation.

--The Androids are As close to being human as possible. They are called A.I.'s, because every emotion a human may feel is programmed into their minds. Happy, excited, sad, terrified, angry, furious, etc. Even love, yet it's limited. They can love people/other androids like siblings, their children, friends, or best friends.

farewellandgoodnight
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!