Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Multiverse

Request for GM Ruling

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Multiverse”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Request for GM Ruling

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SUNlightshadow on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:07 am

Ummmm, awkward. I was told I was godmodding by FancyPyro when I summoned creatures....to....prevent her from having intercourse with another girl character. I was told it was against the rules to be dragging her when she in fact posted that the object dragging her captured her in its grasp. I think she was confusing overkill with godmodding, thank you for your time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SUNlightshadow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: Request for GM Ruling

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FancyPyro on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:27 am

this... is fucking stupid. It wasn't 'creatures' it was a fucking dragon... in a bar... blocking a hallway

you did an overly complex way of dodging a punch at point blank, somehow creating a fucking dummy and creating a dragon... and apparently you did all this shit before my character could even move her arms

if you caught her punch and that was all, i'd be cool, but apparently your character is gifted with foresight and managed to do all this shit in a span of a few seconds.

What makes this really over the top is your reasoning behind all this.

Your character doesn't just go 'OH GEEZ. SEX? I BETTER SUMMON A FUCKING DRAGON AND PREVENT IT.' instead of going towards it like a rational person. You tried to goad a drunk person into fighting, using overly complex magic. Frankly, its a bit of godmodding and a bit of overkill.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FancyPyro
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SUNlightshadow on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:33 am

I admit I was over the top, but that is my character's way. And that wasn't a span of a few seconds. Your character's punch failed then he took the time to summon the creatures. They were creatures. A dragon and five shadow claws.

SUNlightshadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:24 am

SUNlightshadow says: She is still in the claw's grasp...
(04:32:58) SUNlightshadow says: And there is a fucking dragon guarding the door...
(04:34:13) SUNlightshadow says: Soooo, repost.
(04:34:43) FancyPyro says: ...you do realize that you're doing all this ridiculous magic shit just to make sure that Kokonoe doesn't do it with someone. Plus, she was teleported. :U
(04:35:57) SUNlightshadow says: The hallway..not the door...
(04:36:14) SUNlightshadow says: And don't call my character me.
(04:38:19) SUNlightshadow says: HE has HIS morals
(04:43:21) Life-Owner says: dude if you don't see how what you're doing is totally godmodding and not worth really paying attention to, then I don't know what to tell you

--------------

Ignoring posts is explicitly against the rules and the way Life-Owner went about the situation was highly disrespectful on top of that. If SUNlightshadow's character has some sort of moral reasons for opposing what the two character's were doing, that's a legitimate IC action and nobody has any right to be telling him his character can't do that.

The way I see it, the only thing that's even uncertain about this is whether SUNlightshadow's actions in combat were unreasonable. Let's take a look at some of the IC posts shall we?

--------------

Setting: Gambit's Bar • about 2 hours ago, as written by Life-Owner
"Hey man, I'm no paragon of virtue, but what stake do you have in this?" Serena slurred to him, momentarily impressed with herself for remembering a world like 'paragon' while this drunk. "Let the girl sleep with who she, you know, wants and stuff." She said as she edged her way back over to the bar. If this situation kept going she might as well keep drinking while she waited this guy out.

Setting: Gambit's Bar • about 2 hours ago, as written by FancyPyro
"Y-yeah... let go of me, ya freakin' dumbass... I wanna go with her, you moron." she frowned, really getting pissed off with this guy.

Setting: Gambit's Bar • about 2 hours ago, as written by SUNlightshadow
"You realize that, if this is your first time having...intimate relations with another woman, it will be very awkward and I will likely film it and put it online." He would continue to drag the neko back to her table, attempting to latch on to Serena's arm with his other belt claw. "This is not happening..listen to me, you will regret it.."

Setting: Gambit's Bar • about an hour ago, as written by FancyPyro
Ooooh... Kokonoe's really not getting happy. "Shut the hell up, who the hell do you think you are telling me what to DO?!" she yelled, a powerful magic burst of energy coming from her fist as she spun around and went to punch Kiriko in the gut.

Setting: Gambit's Bar • about an hour ago, as written by Life-Owner
"We're not going to...do it here in front of you, you assfuck. There's rooms upstairs and ugh..." Serena said, before giving on being reasonable. Taking the girl's hand (and the bottle), she gave a last ditch attempt at teleporting the two of them to the room upstairs. She sort of succeeded, since they ended up stumbling forward in the hallway at the top of the steps, around twenty feet from the bedrooms. It was more accurate than she expected really, considering the state she was in.

Of course, all that was after she let Kokonoe punch the guy. No way she'd miss that.

Setting: Gambit's Bar • about an hour ago, as written by SUNlightshadow
"Damnit, why does this always happen???" He would summon a black dragon with glowing red eyes to guard the doorway and then he would skillfully take the shadow of himself and put it in front of him, it would diminish as she punched it instead of him. He took the shadow of a chair and used it to replace his. He also summoned a giant claw rising from a chair's shadow as this would happen to four more chairs. The claws looked like that of a sharp, metal fist and were the color of shadows.

Setting: Gambit's Bar • about an hour ago, as written by FancyPyro
"...For fuck's sake, what the hell is up wi-with that guy... he's like... obsessed with making sure we don't do it..." the drunk catgirl slurred. I think you might of gone a bit overboard, mate. She's drunk, she's not exactly the most stable fighter.

Setting: Gambit's Bar • about an hour ago, as written by Life-Owner
"That was, like, the most ridiculous cockblock I've ever seen." She said, as she led her to a room.

--------------

As you can see, by the beginning of the post, there is seemingly no conflict. Personally, I do not understand the accusation of godmodding. If Life-Owner or FancyPyro want to play characters that are weak, or have plenty of limitations at any given time, that's their business. Other RPers are not responsible for that decision however, and it is absolutely not godmodding for someone to bring in a much, much stronger or more capable character and exert that power. The last post Life-Owner made conjoined with her OOC statements make me angry and I wasn't even in the bar during the RP or during the argument that followed. I found them to be disrespectful and in violation of the rule about ignoring posts.

With regards to FancyPyro and his concern about godmodding, as I said earlier I don't personally think this looks like godmodding at all. What I don't understand, FancyPyro, is why you haven't acknowledged that the things Life-Owner did were probably inappropriate.

That being said, I'm not a moderator--You can probably tell that by looking at the color of my name. However, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the situation. At the end of the day though simply not liking the content of a post or not appreciating it interfering with some pre-planned event (...The intercourse) is not really a legit reason to report SUN, and by that I mean I seriously doubt the staff will look at his posts and call that godmodding. That's my two cents, feel free to wait for more however if you disagree.
“I eat my enemies for breakfast; even when I already ate breakfast, and brunch!”

“But in my heart, I sometimes wish they would atone so that I could be that close to a friend.”

Check out my likes and dislikes post and my profile. Then hit me up!

ChaoticMarin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Recruiter Cult Leader Hordemaster Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge Visual Appeal Donated!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:43 am

1. At the point of dragging, before posting, you should have sent a PM to FancyPyro and said 'Hey, my characters probably still going to try and stop you, probably by dragging'. From here a few things will occur.
A: They will respond with their own turn.
B: They will ask why and you will explain your characters motives
C: An argument/asking you why leading to an argument

The reason you communicate this is to let the person know pre-emptively so its not all up in their face and they have a chance to go 'Wait why? Can't we resolve this differently?' or maybe communicate it in some sensible reasonable manner that doesn't devolve into arguing. Additionally it gives you a chance to coordinate your posts and efforts better.

2. (Optional) Tell the third person involved that you are both communicating, so they are aware stuff that goes on between your posts is prepared and coordinated and doesn't look like godmodding.

3. I get a drunk person throwing a punch when being dragged away, but the fact you jumped to an energy punch makes me facepalm. I mean, what if the dude had been non-magical and you had king-hit him? Yes, I do have characters who would not be able to defend against this and would probably be half-dead from a decent punch.

4. Why the hell is this guy summoning FUCKING DRAGONS and dragging the girl around by hand or with a giant shadow/chair claw whatever. Why not instead say, "Excuse me, I am uncomfortable with lesbians. I also believe you are too drunk to make a decision like this, and it would make me personally feel a lot better if you just sober up first. Why don't the three of us just stay here, have another round of drinks then go our seperate ways?'

5. Both of you seem motivated by OOC shit. The neko girl throwing a drunk punch, yeah fine. But you seem mostly motivated by indignant anger that someone is manhandling your character, and the desire for lesbian sex.
The stopping the lesbian thing? Seems OOC. If that is an IC homophobic behaviour of the character then good friggin' job. If this is an out of character 'I'm uncomfortable around the lgbt community', then you really have to consider if its your character or if its you who's getting involved here.

6. Neither of you seem to have a sense of moderation. Energy punches?! Dragons?! GUYS. WHY.

Edit: 7. If that is unstoppable instant unavoidable inescapable unmitigatable teleporting I'm not happy guys. Not happy.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:52 am

This reminds me of back when I was in preschool. I was playing spaceship in this alcove. Some kid wanted to use it as an elevator. He even hit the button, and waited for me to arrive at his floor.

"This is a space ship! You don't bring babies onto space ships, Sir! That stroller has no business here!!"
I tried to logic it out, he was insistent, politely requesting to board the elevator.

"SPACE SHIP. This is not an elevator, this is a different kind of transport vehicle and it is going to space."

I was told to move, because I wasn't sharing.

"No! I was here FIRST!
" I threw a fit! This was a space ship. SPACE. SHIP.
I think I might of yelled, or said something very nasty, or thrown his doll. Either way, I acted irrationally and brought us both out of our pretend zone and into the conflict. The alcove was now an just alcove, and we were fighting over it.

I was put in time out, and he played happily in the alcove as an elevator, smirking at me and pretending to push the buttons, purposefully sending the elevator to the Moon to spite me.

While in time out thought... That little prat! I couldn't have found another alcove! He did that on purpose! There was only one alcove! I've been provoked! Victimized! No fair no fair no fair no fair!

Then it hit me.

I handled the situation horribly. I essentially defecated on my fellow school mates pretend time, and made him feel excluded because all he wanted to do was play with me, but still keep his little story line going. He came up with the solution that I couldn't see in my blind selfishness, and then played it out without me. He collaborated, I did not. I got so mad about it, I went as far as to stop pretending to be a space man talking to this obviously confused guy who somehow wound up on my space ship, and I played the part of bratty five year old who just wanted her way. I dropped the ball.

I hope this embarrassing little story about what a crappy 5 year old I was helps you guys see past the storm and into the waters. The waters of fantastic fun. Surfs up?
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SUNlightshadow on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:03 am

It's not like she had no say in the matter. It was his choice for his character to be grabbed by the claw. I wasn't doing something like. "Oh, you have no enforcement here, go piss off." I never acted out of disrespect and I admit it was a little over the top, and, if the RP continues, will get rid of four of the summoned creatures. And, in ancient Japanese law, lesbians were forbidden. He was taught these laws by his sensei.

SUNlightshadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FancyPyro on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:04 am

Taking a second glance at all this with a much clearer mind that isn't telling people to look at everything from the bigger picture... well played, you guys, well played. You made me see the very irony that I too hadn't been looking at the bigger picture as well.

I'll have to agree, Patch... having this pointed out to me made me realize that we've all been doing stupid actions, and frankly, I'm about ready to say 'fuck it, can we have a second less retarded go at this or forget about this RP or something? Anything, guys?'

Sorry, SUN. My character's punch was unneeded, and it certainly would of caused a normal human to get their shit fucked up. Frankly, I find the fact that we're arguing over this to be... well... pretty stupid, and would like to forget this entire thing happened.

FancyPyro
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!