Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Digimon: The Second Dimension

a part of “Digimon: The Second Dimension”, a fictional universe by Sandbear.

For years, the Alternate Universe Agency has been monitoring the barrier between our world (The First Dimension) and the world of the digimon (The Second Dimension. Occasionally, the barrier will weaken and allow travel between the two.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Digimon: The Second Dimension”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sandbear on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Digimon: The Second Dimension"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sandbear
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Digimon: The Second Dimension

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Creator on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:16 pm

I am thoroly impressed by the amount of thought you put into this. I am in love with your ideas and thoughts on how everything works! Seriously, you did an excellent job in thinking everything out!
I am VERY interested in joining, however I do have a few questions that I didn't seem to find in the introduction page. (Please note: I read over everything, however I am a bit sick and have a 5 month old so I might have missed something. I do plan on reading over everything again.)
1. Where is this going to take place? If someone was to chose to be human and have a digital partner, would it take place in this dimension or the Digital World?
2. Age. What age frame are you looking for? I always frowned a little apon the age in the series. I am looking to be 17 or older, depending on your reply.
3. Digimon. Are we limited to eggs or baby digimon? What exactly are you looking for with the digimon 'age'.
4. The plot. Is the plot going to be similar to season 3 (with Rika, Takato,ect.) or more like season 1 where some kids are just thrown there but the AUA make contact with them somehow. Or do you have something completely different in mind?

Sorry for all the questions, but I would like to get a good feel as to what my character is about to be going through/where she will be. Thank you for your time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Manic Creator
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby disposable-teen on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Hey! I would really like to join this. But I've never seen the series.... will that mean anything?
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy" - Ludwig van Beethoven

disposable-teen
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Creator on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Honestly, it depends on how s/he makes this all play out. I would suggest checking the wiki to at least get a feel of the series or possibly check out a few episodes if you have a lot of free time. Watching 2 episodes of the first series gives the basics of the show. I can provide links if you like.

Manic Creator
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Very interested, in this, but have about the same questions that Maniac does. (:

I'll wait for them to be answered, but I thought I'd voice my own interest as well

"All around I see raining, things don’t seem to go my way. Got a dark cloud that's hanging and it seems to follow me…"
Boy, won’t you just wake up? Feel the humming this cool world is giving you...Better start running to catch up with your life, catch on up, before the whole thing is through.

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Fallen_Ones on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:44 pm

I didn't even know this was a show :0
I'm also interested in it through :) so after I check out Wiki I'll start on my character, I'm hoping someone will want to be my characters Digimon partner once she is up :)
“In my dream I know I am falling. But there is no up or down, no walls or sides or ceilings, just the sensation of cold and darkness everywhere. I am so scared I could scream. But when I open my mouth, nothing happens. And I wonder if you fall forever and never touch down, is it really still falling? I think I will fall forever.”

The_Fallen_Ones
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby disposable-teen on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:15 pm

I probably won't be joining this, sorry.... I just realised that I won't have enough time and it wouldn't be fair to join and not post. So yeah...

disposable-teen
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Creator on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Ok, well like I stated, I would focus on Season 1 Aka Digimon Adventures and then on Season 3 Aka Digimon Tamers. The links go to the wiki for those series.
As for the links to episodes here they are:

PLEASE NOTE: There are pop-ups on the first two links. My apologies.
Digimon Adventures (Season 1 of Digimon)

Episode 1 (NOTE: Click second video. There is advertisement before the video starts)
episode 2 (Only one video to chose from and again, there is advertisement}

Digimon Tamers (season 3 of Digimon)

Episode 1 (again, there is an advertisement video)
Episode 2 (advertisement here too)

Hope you enjoy and I would recommend looking at the other episodes too!

Manic Creator
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:48 pm

I would love to play someones Digimon :)

I love the amount of effort put into this!!!

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheeseymonkey on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:26 pm

I'll take you Polka. Team CheeseyPolka starts today!
Duranin battle poem from Tales of the past 3:
When shadow comes to claim our souls,
Some must rise - the light of old.

Names in stone, spirits of legend.
Deeds unknown, yet never forgotten.

These are the Duranin!

Of honor within and of fear without.
Remember them, when in hope you doubt.

Cheeseymonkey
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sandbear on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:20 am

(ahaha sorry we had a party at our house and I couldn't get to the computer xP)

OMAGOSH~ PEOPLE WHOO~ 8D
Thanks, you guys! ^.^ I've been working on it for a long time and I was worried it was too TL;DR to be of any success. So I'm super excited and happy that people are interested~
Oh, and don't worry about asking questions that were answered on the intro page. There's a lot of stuff on the intro page and I don't expect everyone to know every freaking thing. x) We all forget, yeah?
As for your questions...
1. That depends. There are humans who have been (or are trapped) in the digital world, so your character could have met their partner in the digital world and still be there, or they could have returned with their digimon partner to our world. Your character and their digimon could have met in our world, even. There's a ton of situations. I'll think of something to get all the characters together!
2. The characters can be practically any age. I'm hoping for a good range. Kids are perfectly fine but, like you, I don't want most of the characters to be so young like they are in the series. I'd like some teens (not too many!), adults and middle-age people (or even older).
3. I'd like most of the humans' digimon to start out as rookie-level or lower so we can get some digivolution action rolling, but humans can be partnered with digimon of any age. Actually, we'll just stick with the "true age." True age is how old the digimon is from the first time s/he hatched from the digiegg.
4. I just had an idea today of an "accident" occurring in a public area, transporting a group of civilians to the digital world. The AUA might have to come out of hiding to explain the shocking disappearance and would thus be pressed to do something about it. Maybe that'll get the plot rolling? :)
If you have any other plot ideas, please share! :D

As for needing to know about the digimon show/video games, it's not necessary at all! I mostly just needed to give credit where credit is due because I'm using the concepts of human-creature partnerships, evolution to more powerful monsters, and a parallel universe, which are all from Digimon. Yeah, I changed the digital world A LOT for this roleplay, but I think it'll be really fun to include little digimon-inspired details. For example, you can find a digimon species from the original series and really change it to meet your taste and preference, but still perhaps keep the "essence" of that original digimon if you want. You don't have to, but it'd be fun! So I'd recommend watching some digimon episodes or researching (the digimon wiki is fantastic!) mainly for that purpose. But, like I said, you don't have to be a veteran fan of the series to enjoy this roleplay. ;D

Sandbear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 am

This sounds interesting. Count me in! :)

Just give me time to understand what I want to be human or digimon. XD

Edit: After I've re-read details again, I've decided to be a digimon, so if anyone needs a partner I'm ready. :)
Don't say that you can't do it, if you haven't tried.

Ageha
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:27 am

woooo for team CheesyMonkey!!! This shall be fun!!!

are we creating new Digimon or going for what's already out there

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:32 am

From what I understand, we can do both.

Ageha
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Creator on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 am

awesome! I will be working on my character now.
As for the plot, I think it would be a great idea to have a handful of humans who are 'transported' to the digital world and only have contact with the AUA, who try to guide them home. Of coarse there are evil digimon who wish to stop them and such. Just an idea ^_^

I will give you a heads up on my plans for my character. She is a hacker (much like Izzy from Season 1, just a girl). She will have just woken up in the digital world to see a creature she had been working on on her computer, which she has with her. The digimon will be a blackgotomon, however she has the abilities of various digimon (lower level abilities, no worries. Nothing higher than her rank) however the small digimon cannot evolve for some unknown reason.
scratch that last pice. I am going to make her wake up to a modified Renamon who evolves into the blackgatomon. Ok ok, I know this isn't very realistic to the show, but YOU said we could modify it :D
If you dont like the idea, I can change it no problem.

By the way, sorry for all the typos. I am trying to type with one hand while holding my 5 month old daughter who loves to squirm and dance.
Last edited by Manic Creator on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manic Creator
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 am

I've already submitted my character, just it's not finished. I've decided to go with Biyomon, however I've recolored it to pattern I like. Those who want can check it as far as I've made it.

Ageha
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Creator on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Oh another few questions!
1. What about digivices? I personally like the ones from season 1 and 3 (as you can tell, those are my favorite). However, I think the ones from 3 might cause some conflict due to the fact they swipe cards on them to boost their digimon, or give them special features they normally wouldn't have.
2. Data Island. Does it exist in this rp? I think it would be a good starting place since it is where a lot of younger digimon live and are born.

Manic Creator
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sandbear on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Sounds good, Manic Creator! :D Of course you can modify it as much as you want! The original digimon is really more of an inspiration rather than the "guidelines" for this world. c;
And good plot idea, too. ^u^ I think the "evil" digimon will want to capture the humans and use their unlimited life energy to their own corrupt purposes (especially because humans can make digimon digivolve and get stronger). That oughtta prevent the humans from getting home, yeah? And I agree there should be some form of communication with the AUA and the trapped humans. That way, any AUA characters can interact even though they're in a different dimension.

I got your character approved, Ageha :D I'm really liking the bio~
I'll get my characters ready, too.

Sandbear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manic Creator on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Great! I love the idea! I have my character ready, just working on the digimon partner. Do I need to send those in separately or together, since they are going to be partners and I am playing both of them.
Also, I'm taking it you agreed we need digivices to communicate with the AUA. Can we simply chose any digivice we personally like?

Manic Creator
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 pm

I'll probably make a human character!

Might be a bit since it's easter weekend, and then my track season starts, but I'll try to get her done as soon as possible ^_^

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!