Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

No Dominion

Character Creation Guide

a part of “No Dominion”, a fictional universe by NomDePlume.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “No Dominion”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Creation Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:54 pm

THE CHARACTER CREATION GUIDE

Your one stop spot for making a character in No Dominion. Whenever this thread is updated I'll post the update in the OOC thread. Please send all questions to the OOC as well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Species Creation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 pm

THE GUIDE TO SPECIES CREATION

In the Background of the main RP is a list and description of the four categories of species. Yet these are broad terms and not really a reflection of individual races. For instance- it is pretty much like calling a person Caucasian- while now you have an idea as to what they look at you have no idea bout their personal nuances. They could be American, Canadian, British, Irish, Central European, etc. So while I give you categories to choose from- I will also give you free roam as to the race your create just please keep it within the guidelines of the original synopsis. And whatever category you choose- you get stat points to spend and a Racial Trait. Here are the points and traits as follows:

Highborne:
One stat point to either Control or Charisma
Racial Trait: Diplomatic Immunity- being the most prosperous of race in Aeon has lead to being widly accepted about the world. There is practically no prejudice when dealing with merchants (that are within the merchantā€™s guild and other legal circles) and they will usually not be treated with animosity unless they enter an antagonistic situation. They also usually do not have to have writs to enter more secure villages and encampments- and usually can get away with petty crimes as opposed to serving jail time.

Groundborne:
One stat point in either Strength or Stamina
Racial Trait: Golem Sense- living underground has given many Groundborne a natural affinity to directions. Not only that- they are less sensitive to blunt and bludgeoning injuries as their skin is thicker and more durable than any other raceā€™s skin. They are also prone to being larger than the other races- but only by a foot or so not exceeding much more than that.

Shiftborne:
One stat point in either Coordination or Control
Racial Trait: Dual Nature- the essence of shiftbornes in the fact that they are of two natures and that their true faƧade is not always the one you see. They are able to transform into another form (if given a B or greater in control this is at will- less than will be more sporadic) and use it as adeptly as their more prominent one.

Brokenborne:
One stat point in whatever category you choose.
Racial Trait: Kaliedscope Genetics- given the fact that their race does not hold up to the other threeā€™s unities this category of races doesnā€™t have a racial trait that runs predominately throughout. They actually suffer from lack of a congealed genetic structure and may find themselves more prone to diseases because of such. Also the reproductive gender of this category may also find themselves infertile.

You will place your Racial Trait along with your other skills in your character sheet (a simple copy paste can do) and apply your stat points where needed. Then you will go about fleshing out the individual nuances of what race you are. If you care to make one of your skills something to do with the race- just make sure that it is fluid with the description. Here is an example:

Category: Shiftborne
Race: Octurnes
Race Details: Octurnes- like all shiftbornes- have two forms. In their main form it is mostly humanoid except with the presence of wings and brittle bones. These can allow them to glide for short distances before becoming exhausted. In their second form they turn into a horse-sized griffon-like creature that is capable of flight and uses itsā€™ sharp claws and terrifying screams to hunt down prey. There is only one gender of Octurnes as they are a hermaphroditic species that is extremely androgynous- even so they are usually separated by who takes the breeder role and the inseminator role. They value beauty above all things and the lighter the feather color the better.

So maybe you can put down as one of your two skills- gliding in main form. And I also might request that you take a hit to Endurance considering the brittle bone bit.

PLEASE CONSIDER: I will not take any omnipotent races, I will not take any giant races or miniature races, I will not take ā€˜undeadā€™ races, and I will not take talking animal races (shiftborneā€™s second form doesnā€™t count). I do love intrigue, mystery, fantasy, and inspiration characters as much as the next person but please donā€™t make them down right improbable.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Character Creation Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:04 pm

THE GUIDE TO DECK CREATION

This is how you build a character class/occupation.
No man is good at everything, but we arenā€™t going to break down into extreme specifics for this part. Your three categories are: Might, Ranged and Magic. Might entails the ability to do both weaponed and martial combat- usually either or and with only one certain weapon class. Ranged entails the ability to be good at aim, speed, accuracy and the ability to use a weapon that fires projectiles. Magic is pretty much self-explanatory but deals with how powerful you are and how much control you have your magic. Each person will get one primary and one secondary skill- they can either be different or the same- just matters how many points you want to allocate to each area and what you want your characterā€™s talents to be.
For Example:
Deck Style: Might/Ranged

That means that the Might is the primary skill while Ranged is secondary. Your character will be better at handling- lets say ā€˜swordsā€™ than they are with ā€˜bowsā€™ but they will still be able to use both fluidly. So this means they have no talent what so ever in magic.
Weapons: primary-Sword /secondary-Bow
Magic Class: N/A

Next letā€™s name our deck. This is by your own design and used to pinpoint how the character will be imagined. Letā€™s take our deck from above and call the occupation: Hunter.

Now that we have named it and given it primary and secondary skills- lets describe it. All I want from you is a brief description on what your character does in this occupation. This can be as detailed or vague as you want. If you go rather detailed I may give you extra points or skills- but I also may give you a disadvantage with that. Want to avoid it all together- just be brief and simple.
So letsā€™ give an example of a good description:

Hunters are nomadic people that make their living on the cusp of the woods hunting game and on occasion the escaped criminal. They are good at trap laying, tracking, skinning and tanning. They excel in both short range combat and long range- and are very good about laying low and picking off an enemy from afar. What they lack though is able to battle large groups as they are used to only one or two quarry.
So inevitably I might reward you with a bonus skill of tracking or sniping, but I would also give you negative points for being able to handle a large group.

And that is it! Now to transfer it over to your character- in the end this is what your Class lineup should look like:

Deck Style: Might/Ranged
Weapons: primary-Sword /secondary-Bow
Magic Class: N/A
Description: Hunters are nomadic people that make their living on the cusp of the woods hunting game and on occasion the escaped criminal. They are good at trap laying, tracking, skinning and tanning. They excel in both short range combat and long range- and are very good about laying low and picking off an enemy from afar. What they lack though is able to battle large groups as they are used to only one or two quarry.

Of note: If you build a Magic Deck- you need to pick a magical class to build on. Even if you build a Magic/Magic you only get ONE class- no one can wield multiple magical classes. Yet the Magic/Magic does mean that they have mastered that class- which is rare in this world. And as a reminder- please see the 'MAGIC' section of the Chronicle of Aeon.

Now make sure when you fill out your stats that they meet these requirements for your deck. This is to make sure you fully optimize your character and donā€™t have failings later on:

Might:
Primary- B in either Strength or Stamina
Secondary- C in Strength
Both-A and B in Strength and Stamina

Ranged:
Primary- B in either Perception or Coordination
Secondary- C in Coordination
Both- A and B in Perception and Coordination

Magic:
Primary- B in either Control or Intelligence
Secondary- C in Control
Both- A and B in Control and Intelligence
Last edited by NomDePlume on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

STAT Creation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:08 pm

THE GUIDE TO STAT CREATION

You will have 13 points to spend in each of these categories to begin with. The ranking goes from X-F, and while Iā€™ll allow Fs I will not allow Xs just yet. Yet as the RP goes on I may reward points. These will come from either good RPing or in general level ups based on surroundings or enemies. Please allow these points to reflect your characterā€™s abilities and choose wisely- after I approve your character you will not be able to edit them unless we have discussed it thoroughly.

Strength: Power behind your attacks but also how much you can carry, hold or throw.
Endurance: The resilience you have to attacks and also your ability to withstand harsher climates and more taxing journeys.
Coordination: Agility, accuracy and speed. This also has a lot to do with how fast you run and how quick your reaction time is.
Control: The power you have over your magic and special moves- how much restraint and strength you can use it with. (Even if you donā€™t use magic is probably good to put a few points in here or otherwise your special moves wonā€™t hit as well).
Perception: How aware you are of your surroundings and the people that are in it. Not only could you possibly spot tracks, trails, and traps- you can even start reading people.
Intelligence: While wisdom is an inherent trait how intelligent you are is learned. This is how much you know of the world and how quickly you pick up on it.
Charisma: This is about how fluidly you can speak to others and make them feel comfortable and welcome.

X= 5 points: Genius
A= 4 points: Gifted
B= 3 points: Above-Average
C= 2 points: Average
D= 1 point: Below-Average
F= 0 points: You have no skill in this what-so-ever.

So you will lay out your Stats in this manner- just remember you only have thirteen along with whatever you accrue due to racial properties.

Strength: A
Endurance: B
Coordination: D
Control: F
Perception: D
Intelligence: B
Charisma: C

Any questions- feel free to ask in the OOC.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!