Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Forth Rode the King

Wardenheim

a part of “Forth Rode the King”, a fictional universe by Brawness.

The king is dead, bards and courtly minstrels sing of lands asunder. The Bastard Prince now sits on the throne favoured by His Late Majesty. Again the Isles gradually descends into a violent twist of loyalty and betrayal.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Forth Rode the King”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Wardenheim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:35 am

Hey guys i made this thread specifically for participants to ask others to clear up on things, discuss ideas, the future of the roleplay, special request and what ever that pertains to the roleplay.

This is not for planning with each other do that through the actual roleplay or through PM if it requires much more collaboration.

Perhaps we all had that moment "wat did he say" kind of thing. Don't be shy :D Ask beginner questions at the main topic.

Main OCC
Insert Philosophical Quote Here

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brawness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Wardenheim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Now the borders aren't exactly clear and I'm just looking for where the borders may end for the terrains. Also what is the distance between some of the cities? Finally who does Silverstone belong to?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Roku Mushabuki wrote:Now the borders aren't exactly clear and I'm just looking for where the borders may end for the terrains. Also what is the distance between some of the cities? Finally who does Silverstone belong to?

Here's a modified map to answer the first part of your question. Rivers/lakes act as natural borders. The Central forest belongs to no one and has very few inhabitants, the area is used for timber production mostly.

I never actually thought about it to that depth (city distance) I'll have to make up guidelines.

Silverstone belongs to the Bann of Silverstone which is currently played by no one.

Brawness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:14 pm

What are there religion(s) like in the country? Popularity and power of clergy.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Hey Brawness, I like designing stuff. Do you mind if I work on a map with a little more detail? I will of course keep everything with the same proportions and stuff.
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value...

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 am

Hey jester go ahead and pm me your ideas an modifications

Brawness
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 am

Brawness, could you expand on the different social classes in Penumbria.

We have the King, then the Wardens who are themselves powerful Banns, then below them the Banns who rule local kingdoms inside each of the three main regions.

What I would like to know is, is there slavery or serfdom in Penumbria? Some European countries never had serfdom (Sweden, Denmark, etc).

Secondly, Roku asked about the power of the clergy, if there is a clergy? I noticed both you and Scarlett mentioning "the Maker"?

I will try to work on a map today and PM you the results. And, sorry for my absence the last week, it was outside my control.

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:08 am

Jester Maroc wrote:Brawness, could you expand on the different social classes in Penumbria.

We have the King, then the Wardens who are themselves powerful Banns, then below them the Banns who rule local kingdoms inside each of the three main regions.

What I would like to know is, is there slavery or serfdom in Penumbria? Some European countries never had serfdom (Sweden, Denmark, etc).

Secondly, Roku asked about the power of the clergy, if there is a clergy? I noticed both you and Scarlett mentioning "the Maker"?

I will try to work on a map today and PM you the results. And, sorry for my absence the last week, it was outside my control.

Keep in my being a Knight does not mean you are of nobility, it just puts you in the middle between nobility and the common people. Anyone can become a knight, but not everyone can become a noble (by birth only or by the divine judgement of the maker) by saying that a noble can become a knight.

Below Banns are an assortment of powerful land owners whom most of them serve the Bann directly (Knights with their small retinues, mayors, village chiefs) then there are unlanded knights and nobles. On the bottom are the commonfolk, many of them free who have knowledge of trades and make their own living. The wealthier commonfolk are merchants, mercenary leaders, etc. On the bottom bottom are slaves and people bound by the land (serfs)

Yes there was serfdom (they could leave if their lord let them however this does not make up more than half of the population, much of them were free people living in crowded cities living on their own and caring for themselves.

Slavery is evident in Penumbria but most slaves are from foreign lands often in possession by wealthy merchants and lords with good connections, they work as eunuch bodyguards, domestic servants and many other darker things. I'd say serfdom is already a kind of slavery so i dont think the lords of Penumbria care about owning exotic slaves anyways.

To be honest i haven't thought of it that deeply as i did not expect the roleplay to grow into what it is now.

PS: Regarding the maker, i'll work on that another time :D

Brawness
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Sun May 05, 2013 3:41 am

With the rise in planning and military strategy, for example Sturmaz taking the towns of Zephyr and Zephyrus at the entrance of The Tears, I thought maybe I can design a map for each region of Penumbria so that we can all visualize what is going on. Zephyr and Zephyrus are not on the map and it is the first time we heard about the twin towns, and I like the idea!

So I asked Brawness and he also thought we should all work on ideas together. Maybe you guys want to give me names for towns, cities, mountains, castles, etc, with a little guidance on their positions, and I can create a map for each region? Or if you guys have any other ideas let me know and I can work on that as well? Anything you guys can think of in terms of input would be appreciated.

Please bear in mind the population figures posted by Brawness and the fact that I cannot realistically place more than ten-fifteen places on a 500x500 map. If you guys want a larger map where I can position 30+ towns, cities, castles per region, we can host it elsewhere and I can make one huge one for the entire Penumbria, only we won't be able to view it on-site.

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Sun May 05, 2013 6:24 am

What a in-depth world we all built here :)

Keeping Jester's post in mind,

I was thinking of creating a time line to further develop the lore...

Brawness
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Mon May 06, 2013 4:41 pm

The only region I thought of is God's Reach. There's a marsh fortress there consisting of a thousand men guarding it. The walls are high, the gates are reinforced, and the fortress is well supplied. Through out the mountains there are small outposts that hold thirty to fifty soldiers.

There are a few mining towns and the roads are in good condition. I would think that the climate would be fair also.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Ok cool Roku, then I will start with the marshes and then upload it for approval. Could you suggest a name for the fortress and mining towns?

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 pm

The name of the fortress is Othryphiim.

The mining towns: (Name/Population/Industries)
-Jokai/200+/Farming
-Mivai/100/Lumber and hunting
-Showna/900+/Iron
-Hectico/600+/Iron
-Amole/400+/Iron
-Thecressees/1,200+/Iron, weapon smiths, and construction for Othryphiim.

The names of the towns are named after the clans that rule them. The clans are deep in their roots, which are pagan roots at that. They have shrines to the Old Gods throughout the mountains and in their towns. The Order had ignored this because of influence they had with the nobles of the Marshes due to the large amount of iron mined in the region. The clan warriors are excellent archers and know the mountains like the back of their hands.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Thu May 09, 2013 1:10 am

Cities/Towns of the Southern Lowlands

Lieth - Exactly between Silverstone and Langsmerth.
Arengarden - Situated on the small river break.
Siev - Along the Central Forest border.
Varen - Near the small river branch north west of Silverstone
Lavia - Boardering the Northern Lowlands

Don't particularly care for the exact positioning, just a guide line :)

Brawness
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Thu May 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Roku & Brawness, thanks for the input. Will work on it this weekend.

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Mon May 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Hey guys. I am done with the first of the expanded maps. Scarlett gave me a lot of towns and stuff to put in! It was a blast!

I've started on the marshes using the info you gave my Roku. Have been busier than usual but should be done with it by tomorrow.

Here is the link for the Northern Lowlands. http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Northe ... -371098976

Please download and keep the map for reference when writing about the Northern Lowlands.

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Tue May 14, 2013 5:39 am

LOL. Yes, I got a little carried away, as I have a tendency to do ;P However . . . It's looking fantastic! :D Now, if someone could post please!

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 am

The Lowlands explained:

Halen Hall - A Fortress Keep and the De Hugh Ancestral Seat - is located near the edge of the Tears and close to the Central Forest. Also close to Halen Hall is the rather large Market Town of Halen. Which is quite prosperous and you can find everything on sale here that you could ever possibly want. People from all over come to Halen to purchase.

Hexham Castle is located. Almost parallel to Arv Rondalion and both castles can be seen across the great distance across the flat lands. Hexham Castle is the Ancestral Seat of the FitzWarren's before they became Warden's of the Lowlands and bequeathed Arv Rondalion. The Castle is locate just before the small woodland and on either side of the Castle is a great wooden barrier, reaching all the way to the Tears on one side and to the ocean edge at the other, erected at the time when the De Hugh's were at war with the Fitzwarren's. Both sides of the tall log barrier walls have large doorways in them, which are now used as tolls into the Northern Lowlands under the control of the Warden of the Lowlands.

There are other smaller towns and villages spread out across northern Penumbria. They are mostly Farming Villages and many Merchant Towns situated near the coast and a few others close at the Northern edge of the Tears.

Maine and Ronan are the two main Merchant Villages located at the upper edge of the Tears, they supply goods throughout Penumbria on the Merchant Vessels. Warrington, a town close to Halen, also located on the edges of the Tears is a Textile producing town. All Penumbria's expensive material and clothing is produced in this town.

The Iron's Causeway, Steel Mount and Slate Hill are located within a few leagues of each other and from Langsmerth, where only the Iron, Steel and Precious Stone Mine workers and their families work and live. Making many of the finest weapons in the whole of the land.

Dilston, Longford, Eversleigh and Thorodon are coastal Merchant towns along the far edges of the Lowland, all located by the Sea of course.

Maiden's way is the clear direct road that leads from Halen to Hexham with Farming Villages located on the way - such as Varrock, Avon, Godramgaten, Ulster - Most of the land is fertile and teaming with crops.

There also happens to be a direct road from Halen to Langsmerth known as Footpads Walk as people are often robbed by thieves more often then not here.

The town of Rosewood is located close to Hexham, where rich and expensive woods are produced and harvested from the surrounding Forest.

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jester Maroc on Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi guys. I am done with the next map, the Marshes. Roku, please take a look and let me know if all is alright? I did add a few towns because it just felt a little empty, particularly with the Marshes supposedly being the highest in population. I tried to think of names that would fit in with those you had already given. If you don't like one or two of them let me know so I can go and change it.

http://jestermaroc.deviantart.com/art/M ... -371876249

Jester Maroc
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Fri May 17, 2013 2:58 am

Varrock
Someones been playing Runescape :D

Splendid, I'll start compiling information for the 'Compendium'

Sorry for my sudden disappearance. Thanks for being patient.

Brawness
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!