Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Shady Oak Stable

Shady Oak Stable

a part of “Shady Oak Stable”, a fictional universe by Luv-is-a-Bug.

When the pressure of the show ring beats down, will you break, quit, lose it all? Or will you rise to the top of the equestrian world and show everyone what you're made of? Find out as you ride and compete at Shady Oak Stables (Open and accepting)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shady Oak Stable”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shady Oak Stable

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:47 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Shady Oak Stable"

Hello, and welcome! Feel free to post questions and discuss gameplay here.
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." --Benjamin Franklin

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Shady Oak Stable

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WallflowerTales on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:17 pm

This role-play looks delightful! Simple and literate, I like it. (:
With that being said, I believe I'm going to join. The problem is deciding whether or not I'm wanting to portray two characters or not. hehe I have an idea for a female character, but I could just as easily add in a male as well. I know how I am with role-plays and wouldn't want this one to be taken over by females. :P I guess that's why I'm dropping a line here. This is a new account so I can't PM you at the moment, but I was wondering what you'd prefer. Is it alright if I only portray a female for the time being or would or rather me make a male character as well?

I'm fine with either; she could always have a brother. haha Up to you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WallflowerTales
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Hello, and thank you for your application! I appreciate you taking the time to contact me.
I'm not especially worried about the guy/girl ratio at this point, but if we ever find ourselves with a shortage of testosterone I'll let you know. :)
Also, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, it would be really helpful if you could provide me with a writing sample (2-3 well-constructed paragraphs written for the character you will be using), just so I can get a better feel for your writing and see your grammar, spelling, sentence construction and all that jazz. We just want to make sure we maintain a literate RP with realistic events. Thank you!

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WallflowerTales on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Anytime :D That sounds good to me, just let me know and I will gladly double up and take on another character!
It's not too much trouble at all. Actually, I am kind of glad you asked. It shows promise that this role-play is going to stay literate and not be one of those "this is a literate role-play, two posts in it goes to one-liners" type of role-play. I like it. (Oh and very nice using 'and all that jazz,' I love spicy word usage :P hehe) I will type up a writing sample soon. I wish I could PM because it'd be so much more easier, but I'll just post it here.
For my character I was thinking of a younger girl(about seventeen/eighteen) who was raised up by her grandparents. They(her grandparents) got her into Shady Oak with a hair's breath of money. I was thinking that possibly(not too long ago) she had a spill while riding and broke her left arm. So, she's kinda in an irritated state because she can't really compete at the moment, etc, etc. Oh and since her grandparents don't really have the money to continue paying boarding she could be doing some work for Eden to pay. Is that alright with you? :o
Just trying to get my character together so I can type you up a sample of my writing. (:

WallflowerTales
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:12 pm

All of that sounds great. :) It'd be lovely if you could up her age to 17 or 18 as you said; I'd like to avoid the younger teens (mostly for realism's sake, being that they will be travelling, making purchases on their own, etc). As for the broken arm, that's fine by me, and I'm sure Eden can find some use for her around the stables. ;)
No need to rush on the writing sample; take your time and make it your best. I'm super committed to maintaining a high RP quality, so I really do prefer the quality of the writing over the quantity of time it took. Feel free to ask me any other questions you have about the stable, plot line, etc.

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WallflowerTales on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm glad that you approve of it all. :D I understand completely about the whole age thing, she will most likely be eighteen.. newly legal, hehe.
Thanks, I will have you a sample by tomorrow evening, if that's alright. I definitely like your style on how you go about things! :T Is there a certain situation or anything you'd like my writing sample to be about? Or just whatever, as long as it involves the character I'll be portraying in this role-play? I don't mind if you have a certain scenario in mind for me. I'm flexible.

(And I'll keep that in mind (question asking, that is). I'll probably have a couple for you eventually. I like making sure I have everything down so I can portray the role of my character correctly. ^-^)

WallflowerTales
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:47 pm

Yep, tomorrow evening is fine; take as much time as you need.
I don't want to limit you in your writing (if you have a great idea then go for it!), but if you're looking for a scenario you could write a sample first post in which she arrives at the stables, settles in, etc. Doesn't have to be super long or elaborate either; it's just to help me see where everyone's writing level is.
Once you're able to PM, my inbox is always open. :) Until then, I'll keep checking back here. Happy writing!

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolflover2217 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 am

Hey, If i could, i would love to reserve a horse. I'll have it either up tomorrow, or sommetime later today. And, what does disipline mean?
Lonewolf who sings alone at night,
You have no need to cower in fright,
For there lies a place that takes in all,
No matter how big, no matter how small,
Join out pack, we love and care for all.
~Celeste the lone wolf~

Wolflover2217
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mylastbreath on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:59 am

EDIT:Nevermind sorry.
"I'll miss the winter, A world of fragile things, Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree, I know you hear me,I can taste it in your tears." -My Last Breath, Evanescence

mylastbreath
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 am

Hello Wolflover2217. :) I appreciate your interest in the RP, but all players must play as horse and rider team. If you'd like to apply, it needs to be with both human and horse, not one or the other.
The discipline would the event you show in- show jumping, cross country, dressage, etc, etc.

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetPonine on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Hey, Luv! I sent you that sample you wanted. Let me know what you think. That will also be Ali's first post, so once you accept her, I'll send that through to the posting! Thanks :)

SweetPonine
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Hello, SweetPonine, and thanks for the writing sample- it's lovely. Welcome to Shady Oak Stables. :) I'll add you to the roster on our front page momentarily.

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetPonine on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Would you also like me to make a male character, to balance it out?

SweetPonine
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WallflowerTales on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Okay, since I, sadly, cannot PM at the moment I'm going to toss my little writing sample up here for you, Luv. (Sorry everyone else who has to see it.. Possibly ignore it, perhaps?) I didn't really know what to write since I have took a tumble into the unforgiving pit of writer's block. -__- Bleh. Anyway, I hope it suits your fancy! If not, let me know and I can hopefully think of something else. I basically wrote about her(Riley's) first impression of Shady Oak and a little "back history," if you can even call it that.
If the writing sample is okay, however, I will definitely have Ms. Riley's character sheet submitted by tomorrow.(: Oh, and I can also take on another character(male) if you need me to. Just let me know!

Here goes nothin'..

Writing Sample Be afraid :P (My apologies for the short-ness!)

As soon as Riley spotted Shady Oak she immediately knew she was way in over her head. The size of the place.. The beauty of it; she almost talked herself into turning back around, getting in the truck and going home. She swallowed hard and glanced over her shoulder, watching her grandfather's old, red Ford pick-up truck disappear in a gentle cloud of dust as it sputtered down the road, pulling the rickety horse trailer behind it. There was no going back now. Another glance at the boarding house made her stomach churn uneasily(it was like Biltmore compared to her grandparents' one story home and dusty barn with a roof not-so-promising).
A tug at the lead rope gripped firmly in her right hand brought her back to reality. Her gaze flickered to J.W., her thoroughbred she received as a present from her grandfather at the age of fourteen. He was starring at her with knowing eyes, yet she saw the impatient gleam behind them. "I know, I know, you're hungry.." Riley murmured, squeezing her eyes shut briefly, taking a deep, needed breath. This really wasn't the place for her. All her life she'd grown up riding for pleasure, trail riding, that is. She use to only ride western saddle in big ole' groups for the fun of it. Then, around sixteen, she got bored with that and started training J.W., learning to ride English saddle and so forth. They entered a couple local competitions and always done fairly well, but she yearned for something more; she wanted to advance in what she done.
Last week was Riley's eighteenth birthday. For said birthday she had asked for a new saddle. The one she used previously was her grandmother's old English saddle and though it was okay for it's age and wear, she really wanted one of her own. Instead, her grandfather slapped down a brochure for Shady Oak Stable at the breakfast table that very morning of her birthday and went on to tell her that her first month had been paid for. Riley was thoroughly surprised to say the least. Her grandparents could barely afford the fed they had to buy for the five horses they had, let alone send her to some fancy rich-person place.. thing to pursue her dream of becoming "one of the best." It was crazy.
Yet, when she tried talking them out of it the look of hurt that entered her grandmother's pale blue eyes changed her mind. She would do this. She would win.- she had to. However, two days after the news Riley had a spill on J.W. They were going for a jump when she lost her balance foolishly and tumbled off, landing hard on her left side, breaking her left arm. Though angry at herself and feeling utterly defeated(having talked herself out of coming to Shady Oak at all), her grandfather pushed her to come anyway.
So, there Riley Jo stood, lead rope in her right hand which felt mighty awkward, small suitcase tucked in under her right armpit, backpack on her back, and her left arm snug against her side(if you would consider smothered in plaster, a cast, if you will.. and stiffly there snug). She was small compared to this place.. Small compared to the rich, experienced folk who were the denizens.
Riley looked at J.W. once more as he tossed his head restlessly and pawed at the dirt beneath his hooves. It was his way of telling her the time was now or never. Either plunge into this thing head first or go home. Sadly, her only way home was in a small, red truck taking the four and a half hour drive back to her hometown in Tennessee. There was only one other option.
"C'mon, J.W., time to meet the stable owner."

WallflowerTales
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 pm

SweetPonine- I'm going to see if we get any more applicants over the next couple days before having anyone else double up on charries, but thank you for the offer.

Wallflower- Thank you for your excellent writing sample! Submit a form whenever you have the time. :)

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 pm

EVERYONE: Please be careful in your writing. You CANNOT dictate how someone else's character feels about your own. Unless you have talked with the other writer and agreed upon it in advance, it is a form of god-modding/power-play and is NOT accepted.

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WallflowerTales on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Aww shucks, anytime! ^-^ hehe

I'll have the form submitted soon-ish! Excited to start role-playing with you all. (:

WallflowerTales
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WallflowerTales on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:14 pm

Finally got my character sheet submitted! Hope everything's okay. Please let me know if there's anything I should change/add/take away/ etc. (:

WallflowerTales
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luv-is-a-Bug on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Alright Wallflower, you're all set. :) You are officially a member of Shady Oak, and your horse and rider have been added to our roster on the front page. Thank you for your thoughtful writing, I can't wait 'til you begin posting.

Luv-is-a-Bug
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WallflowerTales on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Huzzah! :D Anytime and Thank you for accepting! I am about to look over the previous posts and try to think up a way to have Riley thrown into the mix. She'll most likely be hidden away in the barn, y'know, what she does best(especially since she can't really train for the time being). I have to be going soon though, so my first post might have to wait until tomorrow.

Excited to start officially role-playing with you lovely writers! (:

WallflowerTales
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!