Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Fairy Tail: Now and Forever

Story Line

a part of “Fairy Tail: Now and Forever”, a fictional universe by THESexyMaid_001.

Fairy Tail is the strongest Guild in the Kingdom of Fiore. Discover who you are and help carry on their legacy!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fairy Tail: Now and Forever”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Story Line

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Sun May 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Ba da da da!!!!! Here it is! The Story line thread! Leave your ideas here!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Story Line

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Sun May 12, 2013 11:42 pm

First of all, so far it's been heavily implied, but is this the exact same universe, just however long in the future?
The greatest paladin of all times-CHAMPION OF DARKNESS!
The empress of shadowfall who commands all the undead-CHAMPION OF LIGHT!
Welcome to Adventure Quest Worlds!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordFaet
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Mon May 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Not much further, I actually was trying to go for like Natsu and all them never existing, but that seems rather impossible. So maybe 100 years or so, so that everyone from the series is pretty much gone.

******Just saying, but I'm probably going to have to make another boy! I'm rather OCD with gender balance, so don't mind my pumping out characters left and right! XD

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UltraVioleta on Tue May 14, 2013 7:40 pm

I had a small bit of an idea, if no one minds... -^_^-

My character, Arianna, is afflicted by this Curse that harms her when she experiances emotions so she's gone the last few years suppressing her emotions until it seems she's become entirely emotionless. Of course this isn't entirely true, her being an Emotion Wizard and all, but it has greatly weakened her because it's been suppressing her six Emotions.

I'd like if very much if at some point she attempts to Cure herself, causing an explosion/whirlwind of emotions (due to the build up of suppressed power/emotions) and winds up knocking her uncontious. Of course this power release summons her six Emotional Vessels all at once, who then flee, making mischief all over Magnolia.

They are all unwilling to return to Arianna, having been suppressed for so many years and are very strong (due to the stored Emotional energy), and the wizards of Fairy Tail must attempt to wrangle them up. When the six Vessels are brought together (the vessel and their opposite) they will cancel eachother out and return to Arianna's body. Arianna will not awaken until these spirits have returned to her.

It's more a personal growth kind of plot line ^_^' but I think it could make for some comedy and give us something to do a little later on in the story. Plus it would lead into Arianna seeking revenge on her biological father, which would turn into a more serious type of arc.

Would this all be okay?
~ The Pale Violet

UltraVioleta
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Tue May 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Well if you think about it, all of the different members in the manga had a developmental arc to build their character. To resolve some kind of issue they had, and to show the audience that, hey, these are people. People that you care about, because of all this stuff they went through, that you were witness to. That development, that building up of the family that is Fairy Tail, is an integral part of what Fairy Tail is all about, not only in terms of the manga's story, but even when you consider the very ethics the guild lives by.

In short, I wholeheartedly agree that such an arc would greatly fit the story. I would however suggest that it not be the thing that we start with. I try to look at these RPs like I would books or mangas, like real stories. In which case, the best way to go about this arc would be to first go through some basic stuff to build up the guild, and to flesh out these characters, start to introduce the idea that they're real breathing feeling people that have already built up relationships with each other. Then as the characters get more and more familiar, we slowly transition into more serious things. Much like what happened in the manga.

Basically, yes, that would be cool. But not yet. That's my opinion as a sometimes writer and aspiring editor on how we should treat the story. Because if we just jump into something like this, it'll end up as more of a quest than a fight. It's a matter of: 'Oh, something happened to this girl we readers just met and don't care about, well I'll see some good action I suppose.' vs. 'Oh god Arianna! Having to surpress her emotions for all that time! ...oh no OH NO OHNOOHNOOHNOOHNO! Someone save her! Don't sit on your asses, do something! ...YES! They saved her! Arianna's back! I'm so moved by what I just saw!'

Now you could argue that we're not readers of this story. But really, we kinda are. It's the D&D principle. When you first make a character, you don't really care about them, they're just some words and numbers you made up on the spot. But as you play this character more and more, you get attached to them, even though they're not 'real'. To have such a serious character development arc, I really think that we need that kind of build-up first.

Whew, man I must be drunk. I don't normally ramble quite that eloquently.

LordFaet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UltraVioleta on Tue May 14, 2013 9:44 pm

LordFaet wrote:'Oh, something happened to this girl we readers just met and don't care about, well I'll see some good action I suppose.' vs. 'Oh god Arianna! Having to surpress her emotions for all that time! ...oh no OH NO OHNOOHNOOHNOOHNO! Someone save her! Don't sit on your asses, do something! ...YES! They saved her! Arianna's back! I'm so moved by what I just saw!'

That tid-bit of what you just said literally just sent me into a hysterical fit of laughter because that's almost an exactly representation of a conversation I would have while I'm watching a particularly suspenseful story line in Fairy Tail.

Anyways, laughter aside, I fully agree with what you're saying. I think it would be a fun plot line to play out once we get a little further into the story, not something to start the roleplay off with. I just figured I'd mention it for a later arc. :)

UltraVioleta
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 pm

On that note, I was thinking it'd be cool if Arianna wandered into Fairy Tail, kind of the same way that Lucy did. Walking in and seeing all the ridiculous stuff that the guild gets into on a daily basis. It introduces her to the others and the others to her. Plus, it gives us all a chance to be just a little bit crazy. And what's Fairy Tail without going a bit crazy. And you know, it gives a feeling for how all of us that are already in FT will have our characters interact in the long-run. Something which might actually be better discussed previously, unless you all just wanna randomly decide how we've treated each other over the years and how much we like each other, as you're writing the post. Which is a certain kind of fun all it's own, there's no doubt there.

LordFaet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 am

I thought that's what the 'Thoughts about characters' thingamadoohickey was for? It's how I treat it, anyway. Like, describing thoughts pretty much equals how the character would react to the others.

On that note: Lord, Y U NO CREATE CHARACTER? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

@UltraVioleta:
Wait. How is wreaking havoc on a town considered comedy? I mean, we would have six spirits scurrying about causing Chaos, and nobody would know which persona is what personality-- Oh, I see. Y'know, if this arc actually does happen at some point, I'm totally going to play this when some are chasing dem rascals.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Wed May 15, 2013 3:32 pm

I've been pretty busy lately, I'll finish it today though. I started it last night at about midnight, but one in the morning I clocked out cause I had to get up early today. Making characters takes me a couple of hours, there's a lot of thought and deliberation that has to go into it.

Personally, I thought of the situation as being a lot more serious. I mean if you think about it, six figures running around town twisting whole areas of people until their not even themselves anymore. Here's how I see it:
1.Anger- The problems this would cause are self-explanatory.
2.Fear- Again somewhat self-explanatory.
3.Happy- Someone's home could be on fire, and they'd stare and smile.
4.Sadness- Sudden rash of people trying to kill themselves.
5.Tenderness/Love- We've all seen at least one movie or read one book where everyone's carnal desires were set loose or whatever. It's not pretty. In fact it usually gets downright terrible.
6.Excitement- People running about until their feet start bleeding, old people break their bodies down acting crazy, and so forth.
So yeah, I see mass hysteria, chaos, and a whole slew of really big problems as the city tears itself apart. But I tend to go for the more serious story. There's definitely a lot of room for comedy as well, I'm just thinking that the comedy would slowly devolve into something a bit more serious and dark.

LordFaet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed May 15, 2013 3:53 pm

4. Sadness - Sudden rash of people trying to kill themselves.

My sides. Hahaha. xD I know it's horrible, but I can't help but find that 'slightly' humorous.

Still see how it'd be a dark tone, eventually. Although I remember Fairy Tail to be, mostly, light hearted and comedic. Okay you had the odd serious and harsh arc here and there, but most of it was pretty darn jolly and what have you. Comparing it to most anime I've seen, this one definitely seems to lack a death count of main characters. But I digress.

Just wanted to say I totally support Ultra's personal arc for Arianna. =)

@Lord:
Hehe. No rush, man. Just joking and all that. Actually, Gitana took some hours to write too -- Just my luck I was totally bored and had some time on my hands to write her before this role play was even up. x)

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Wed May 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Well, the reason I think so, is because I imagine it getting more serious as time goes on. It starts out with random people kissing on the streets in one part of town. People wrestling in another. And one whole section of town crying in the corner. Eventually though, the fear people start losing their minds. Eventually, the happy people starting beating on someone smiling and laughing the whole time. Eventually the excited people are still trying to run around and do stuff even after they've broken their legs.

I do think it would be a slow build up. At first the characters wouldn't really see it as a legitimate threat, then something would happen. And they'd begin to notice that people are getting worse and worse, and at that point they find themselves starting to slip just a little bit. One of them suddenly starts feeling happy about the whole thing, and they realize that they shouldn't be happy. That they want to be sad and worried about what's happening, but all they can do is smile and laugh. They don't want to be happy, but eventually they just don't care anymore, because they're too happy to worry about what that means for them.

Any type of mind control stuff always has the possibility to get really really dark in my opinion. Honestly, the only reason I think we stand any chance at all is because Arianna's profile specifically states that strong enough feelings can overcome the magic. Otherwise we'd just be screwed, even the master would be helpless.

LordFaet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UltraVioleta on Wed May 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Well naturally they would each cause a series of problems, Lord. It wouldn't be a good story if there wasn't any trouble! Ha ha! ^_^ But like Byte said, it's good to have a more light hearted plot line so to keep the readers (and writers, in this case) from getting all depressed.

It's true that if you let loose these emotions they could cause serious trouble, like in real life, but they can cause some good too. The Negative Emotions (Sadness, Fear and Anger) would of course make the city depressed, easily frightened and start a massive fight. But none of them are invertly evil (although Mania's alignment is occasionaly questioned) and they don't have truely evil intentions.

The Positive Emotions (Happiness, Tenderness and Excitement) would inpact the city by giving them an abundance of kindness, love and courage.
-Euphoria (Happiness) for example would not smile at another's pain but instead cheer them up.
-Affinity (Tenderness) would cause people to be more considerate and possibly fall in love (if she uses her main power).
-Zest (Excitement) doesn't mean there will be an absense of fear, but an abundance of courage.
All of these, though they do have their drawbacks, are benifitial. :3

Basically this personal arc is solely for character developement. Later on I hope there can be an arc where Arianna goes after her biological father (the one who Cursed her in the first place) seeking revenge in which I'm going to make the arc a bit more dark and serious. But this particular one will be a little more comical. :)

Additionally, the emotions felt are only temporary. If you stand next to Dysphoria (Sadness) then you'll feel sad. If you walk away, you'll feel normal again. It's like having a mood swing. It won't do any harm unless you base your actions off of it. And while being in the presence of an Emotional Vessel will effect you to a degree, it will do nothing serious to you unless they use their main power on you. So if you're standing next to Affinity (Tenderness) you'll feel more kind, but if she tags you and another person with her main power, you'll fall in love with that person.

UltraVioleta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Okay, okay. I was just trying to point out the potential bad stuff that can happen. I'll lighten up a bit.

LordFaet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UltraVioleta on Wed May 15, 2013 4:51 pm

It's alright Lord :) You bring up a very good point. I may use that as an idea later on in the roleplay but for this particular arc I'm going to keep it playful.

UltraVioleta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Oh my goodness. A lot happens when a girl is asleep and at school. XD Okay, tensions beside, I'm sorry I haven't had any time to get on and check up on you guys.

1. I like the arc you came up with Ultra! It sounds good, and like Lord Faet said, every character had sort of a developing arc! So it's awesome that you have yours ready and what not. Also like Lord Faet said, it shouldn't be the thing to start with.

2. So into what we should start with! So those who are just about to join Fairy Tail can be showing up, and Posco will call a meeting, to introduce them.

Any other questions??

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed May 15, 2013 6:10 pm

My face when I don't have a personal arc for Gitana yet.

Anyway, shit! Suddenly, characters. THOUSANDS OF THEM! Lotta work in progress, if I may add. Hehe. No problem, though. Not everyone has to be like me and have a complete character ready to be used. xD

Speaking of said characters. I'm going to be a massive bellend and say no to this array of magic? I'm pretty sure I'm stepping on toes here, but two lost magics + gravity magic? I'm calling bullshit and overpowered-ness. *puts on his anti-rage helmet*

With that out of my mind.

@Maid: I was thinking about maybe keeping the introductory of characters a wee-bit short and jump right into some massive plot. Not sure what yet, but I'm having a hard time thinking beyond the dark guild/dark mage really wanting some magical entity of insert-generic-name-here plot.

Which, actually bring me to something I wanted to ask. Were we going to be splitting the characters into teams? (Y'know, for jobs or quests or whatever you wanna call them.) Or are we not going to be spending time doing mundane quests in separate groups that are either,

A) hand-picked and decided on by whoever wants to have their character take on jobs with others.
Or,
B) Randomly decided, with strength balance in mind, by you?

tl;dr Is their going to be partnering?

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Wed May 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Partnering, yes! I was thinking three in a group, so as of now, that would be 3 groups of 3. BUT, there is also the factor of new characters being made.

When it does come down to it, I'm going to randomly make the group like I have done with RP's before this. I use a sight, so it gets pretty random. I wouldn't be surprised if the only boys ended up all in a group.But yes, randomization is in order! I'm going to try my hardest to make sure not all S-class are in one group, so I'm going to have to go through a giant process to make sure everything is even. Then you will all have to make up team names. There is also the factor that I'm going to make another boy, like I said earlier, gender OCD balance issue, so it might just be groups of 2. No, wait! I'm counting Posco, he don't do missions! XD So yeah, my making another male shouldn't throw it off balance. I'll try something out and see how it goes.

Another order of business, yes, the character intro's will be shorter. Something with a dark guild could be manageable, I like it. I'm making up a guild name here but, Guild of the Ruinosus. I completely forgot what Ruinosus means, but I think its bad. Anywho! They could be trying to get after something Fairy Tail has ... like a treasure of a sort. Only Posco would know about it, so it would throw everyone else to why they are going after Fairy Tail. What could the treasure be ... a Living Magic Spell Book? Since Posco is one of the very few mages out there that uses it?

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UltraVioleta on Wed May 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Though I really don't want to make anyone mad, I must agree with Byte on Al's... extraordinary magic powers. Though I don't usually mind what form of magic a person chooses, I am bothered by the fact Al possesses two Lost Magics and Gravity Manipulation. Nothing against Al, but Mary Sues are no fun to play with because they simply overpower everyone. So maybe if you would take a second look at Al, Temperance, and tone her down a little I think we'd all greatly appreciate it. :)

As for the start to the role play, Lord mentioned a beginning scene much like Lucy's introduction to Fairy Tail. Having Arianna walk in would give everyone an opportunity to introduce themselves all at once. Then maybe after (you know, sort of: "THE NEXT DAY") we could receive an eerie message demanding the Treasure (which would be the book). Then we could go off of that.

Oh! Also, just an idea, maybe at some point (during the final epic battle or something) Posco could use the book the make the guild hall come alive and help us win (sort of like the Phantom Lord guild did way back when). Again, just an idea, but it would make everything a bit more interesting.

As for teams, I have a small problem. For the first little part of her guild membership, Arianna intends to do small jobs locally so she can get used to the town and the people. Then if necessary she'll be willing to join a team. Also, though starting off with assigned teams, maybe later we can mix it up some too. I mean, we don't always have to be in the same group, right? :) It'd be a good way to get to know each other better.

Those are just my thoughts ^_^' Don't really mind me, I just figured I'd throw them out there...

Oh yeah, and PLEASE let them be named Ruinosus! I love that name because it sounds like "Ruin" and -asuarous like some kind of dinosaur! XD Sorry, That was just the first thing I though when you mentioned that name...

UltraVioleta
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordFaet on Wed May 15, 2013 7:09 pm

I didn't want to step on even more toes, but I kinda agree with Byte and Violetta about the powers. It's a bit really ridiculous.

And don't worry about it Byte, you got some time to make a Gitana arc.I mean hey, just cause I have mine mostly planned out doesn't mean you should feel bad at all.

I don't really know if randomizing the groups would be all that good. It seems to me like the characters themselves would naturally gravitate towards working in certain groups. Like my guy, (who's nearly finished) would probably stick with Gitana, since out of the characters they've both been in Fairy Tail the longest aside from Posco from what I can tell. And I already know he'd be really curious about Arianna. All the characters really would have their own group preferences, also based on whose powers complimented whose. But mostly based on character interaction I think given the people.

LordFaet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby THESexyMaid_001 on Wed May 15, 2013 7:30 pm

I must not have noticed it, but yes, having two Lost Magic's and Gravity Manipulation. Temperance if you wouldn't mind toning it down ... I don't want to make anyone angry or anything, but it is awfully crazy. If I'm right, only uber powerful people have Lost Magic. So if you could find a holder magic or caster magic, it would be a lot better. But to make it fair, if anyone else has a Lost Magic, it's only fair to down play it and change it.

But I think Arianna isn't the only one showing up as a newbie. I know my other character, Ari, is. I think there is someone else that is going to just show up to, but I'm not sure. So yeah, Arianna and Ari and whoever else is going to have do the smaller missions like Lord Faet said.

Group randomization can just be a natural thing since the actual process might just be crazy. So if you guys want to be in groups with someone, get it ready! If someone wants to take Ari under their wing, it would be helpful. I have to get off for now, but I'm going to try and get on a little later.

THESexyMaid_001
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!