Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Wasteland Records: Trials of Genetic Decay”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Wasteland Records: Trials of Genetic Decay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Wasteland Records: Trials of Genetic Decay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amelia_ on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi, could I please reserve the character of the ex-doombringer? It's pretty late but I should be able to have a character sheet up tomorrow.
This is a really cool idea for a RP and I'm interested to take part.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Amelia_
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:58 pm

I'd like to make a character for the Scavenger spot. I should have it in sometime this evening or, failing that, tomorrow.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Can I reserve the Splicer please?

I'm assuming it's up to me which animal DNA he is spliced with?
Is it strictly [insert single selected animal DNA here] + Human DNA, or can it be a mixture of animals + human DNA?

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Whoah. Whoah.

I feel somewhat honored that people wish to join. c: But I just NOW finished the Wasteland Information. That is more than pertinent to understanding the characters. So- don't forget to read it and read it well.

@TiMMMaY!!! It doesn't matter. Just consider the fact that you have to find a picture that somewhat represents this. Splicers aren't so much different from humans- they are enough different- but not to a point that they are totally alien looking.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Lol, I've been reading it as you post it. Excellent timing!
I finished one, then refreshed and there was another, repeat, repeat, repeat. Lol

Sounds really awesome btw!

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I think I'll be submitting an application for the Ranger, but I'll need some time to think over the character, get a grasp on the lore information, etc. Should be able to have something for you by tomorrow night, I think. If that doesn't work out I might try for the Head Hunter, but regardless, I'll be applying for something. You've clearly put a lot of effort into this, and it shows. Great-looking roleplay.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:43 pm

I've been doing the same thing as Tim, it would seem. Also, will there be a character sheet provided? If so, I'll wait to start working on the character until you have it posted.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:25 pm

From what I can tell, all the spots have been reserved, but if there is an open slot let me know! The RP looks amazing and I have to say I'm relieved that here are still some amazingly detailed and thought out concepts people are coming up with!

legacy14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 pm

There is no character sheet. You can design your character anyway you want too. Just as long as you mention the things I said to mention in the character dossier section. c:

@legacy14 There are no spots taken. You can let me know you are making a character but none of the character spots are taken. I mention that in the rules. c: So feel free to go ahead and state your interest.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Yes, I saw that and will be applying for a Ranger position then. I just saw August's post and didn't want to step on any toes if they were still undecided.

legacy14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Submitted a WIP for the Ranger position, I think the character's working out pretty well for me. Should be done some time tomorrow in the afternoon.

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:49 pm

This RP looks amazing. I'd compete for a spot, but it already looks like there are plenty of people vying for a position. I'll keep up with it though. If there's a chance of adding another character or two into the RP I'd be more than willing to join. If not, have fun~!

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Submitted the Head Hunter. I only need to write in a Bio/History now really, but I have to get ready for school tomorrow. Hope you like him!

Any issues, please drop me a line!

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:36 pm

I've almost finished my character, but it seems that the rest will have to wait until the morning. I don't like submitting works in progress, so for the moment it's just saved to a text file.

Also, do you have any preferences when it comes to character images? I ask because some GMs prefer that you don't use anime images, yet that will probably be the easiest way of finding an android that used to look ridiculously human.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:59 am

@Kaname_Takashi: It really is fair game. Because I may not like what someone throws together, or it may be apparent that they failed to read the rules. Anyway had I known this RP was going to be popular I would have made more spots. Unfortunately I just plotted for four people. Either way- whatever you want to do really, but thank you for your interest.

@TiMMMay!!! (goodness your name is problematic to type) I'll start looking him over- though I really prefer to look at finished works. But I'll start whenever I get some time- I'm sort of strapped for it this morning.

@CaptainObvious I stated somewhere in the RP that I preferred realistic artwork just due to the gritty somewhat realistic nature of the RP. Anime is just too painfully cartoonish for an RP about survival and brutality. There is actually more android work on DA and CGHub than there is most other things- because I looked. But if you are having a hard time- you can just find a human portrait- their disfigurement can be an arm or leg of some sort.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:50 am

Unfortunately, it seems I'm going to be very busy in real life shortly, so I'll have to back out of making a character, as I might not have the time to actually play them. Still, this is quite interesting, so I might pop in sometimes just to watch and see where it goes, On the plus side, this means that there's at least one role which Kaname_Takashi can make a character for without having to compete. Terribly sorry, and best of luck.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lanaya on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 pm

I didn't post here but I will be submitting a character sheet for the Ranger later tonight. Sorry, new to this site, couldn't find the OOC chat for the life of me. Haha.
While I breathe, I hope.

Lanaya
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Lol, you really don't have to type out my name as it is. Tim will suffice.

And I just got back from class, so I will finish him up promptly.

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey there, Im glad you got this rolling. Im interested in the Scavenger position, but I'd like to read more about the world and lore to make sure I dont screw up. I should be able to submit a character tomorrow sometime.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!