Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Multiverse

The Hellfire Colosseum

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by RemÃĻus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Multiverse”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Hellfire Colosseum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheNoremac42 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Attention Ladies, Gentlemen, Man, Beasts, and Everything In Between!

Are you an ADVENTURER hungering for FAME and FORTUNE?

Are you a WARRIOR seeking to test his blade in GLADIATORIAL COMBAT?

Or are you a WIZARD seeking to awe the masses with arcane power?

If so, then SIGN UP for the HELLFIRE COLOSSEUM!

The Hellfire Colosseum is an arena situated in the City of Dis in the Sixth Circle of Hell. Hosted by the Lord of Dis, the tournament offers escalating prizes of various sorts, including GOLD, powerful ARMOR and WEAPONS forged in the FIRES OF HELL, and MORE!

The tournament is organized into a six tier system with sixteen available spots for contestants. All but one will be eliminated in the first four tiers. In the fifth round, the final contestant will face an Underworld Champion, which is chosen from a secret list at random. If the contestant defeats the champion, they will enter the final round for the title of Champion of Dis and the GRAND PRIZE.

RULES

1. Once a contestant enters the Arena, they may not leave until the match is completed or they forfeit.

Contestants may register together in teams.

3. All rules are subject to the sovereignty of the Lord of Dis.

4. If contestants do not report for their match at the specified time, they will be disqualified.

5. A match will continue until one opponent is unable to defend himself or is otherwise incapacitated for 30 seconds. The winner shall ascend to the next round, while the loser's soul shall be claimed by the Lord of Dis.

6. Firearms, energy weapons, advanced shielding and armor, are all permitted.

7. Magic is permitted.

8. Contestants may bring their own armor, weapons, and trinkets.

9. All contestants must remain on the grounds of the Hellfire Colosseum.

10. Angels and other divine beings (excluding mortals that channel divine powers, such as paladins or priests) are prohibited from registering.

11. Weapons imbued with holy enchantments are prohibited

12. All contestants will be subject to the discretion of the Lord of Dis.

PRIZES

Round 1: Hellforged weapon

Round 2: Hellforged armor

Round 3: The ability to bring one person of your choosing back to the realm of the living for twenty-four hours.

Round 4: One free wish (requirement to finish the tournament, otherwise you get nothing)

Round 5: Demonic power (If attempted to be used on any of the judges, you will be flung into the boiling Phlegethon)

Round 6: Pendant of the Champion*

Round 7: One Get out of Hell Free Card (to be used when you die)

Note: Prizes are awarded to the winners at the end of each round, but only if they choose to drop out of the tournament at that point. Losers forfeit all accumulated prizes. All prizes include a supplementary cash prize.

* = Pendant of the Champion - a powerful pendant that, for a limited time, gives one super human strength, speed, and invulnerability.

CONTESTANTS

REGISTRATION CLOSED

1. Gal'mok Fireblade
2. Ibn Saudaken
3. Moax
4. Zekil
5. Bigsby Big Hat
6. Faas Kulaan
7. Rishu
8. Aaric Arlan
9. Zacariah Grimm
10. Zanthas
11. Leer Suji
12. Aiyanna-A
13. x.............................
14. x.............................
15. x.............................
16. x.............................

IMPORTANT INFO

Where: The City of Dis, Sixth Circle, Hell

When: July 24th

How to get there: Ask Glom the Trickster for portal

Other: There will be food, water, and rooms provided for contestants.

SEE GLOM THE TRICKSTER FOR DETAILS

REGISTRATION FORM

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Titles:[/b]

[b]Class:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Expertise:[/b] [Melee, ranged, magic, etc.]

[b]Favored Weapon(s):[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

Last edited by TheNoremac42 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Constructive criticism welcomed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheNoremac42
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Builder Group Theory Beta Tester Property Buyer Storyteller Historian Salesman

Re: The Hellfire Colosseum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheNoremac42 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:04 pm

If anyone has any characters they want to register, just hit me up and we can set up a scene with them and Glom. I have also posted this ad in several places throughout the Multiverse for your characters to find - including Tauvyr Tavern, the Dwarven Stout, Pokemon League, and the Mountain Side Temple.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheNoremac42
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Builder Group Theory Beta Tester Property Buyer Storyteller Historian Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheNoremac42 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Name: Gal'mok Fireblade

Titles: The Hellfire Saint

Class: Warlock, Demonic Sorcerer

Race: Naacani

Weight: 720 lbs.

Height: Varies

Expertise: Magic and melee

Favored Weapon(s): Staff, hellfire shotgun, and twin hell-forged scimitars.

Bio: Gal'mok Fireblade is a member of an ancient and forgotten race - the Naacani. He has traveled back and forth across the cosmos for decades, searching for something or someone. This alien is a powerful psychic and wielder of destructive demonic magic.
Last edited by TheNoremac42 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheNoremac42
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm totally in. Just dunno what character to use yet. Seems like the slots are wide open yet anyhow...
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Name:I don't reveal my real name for...obvious reasons, Zekil is my name here, one I like much better than the las name

Titles: Demon Boy? OH! Titles not nicknames. Ummm in the past I was known as the Shadow Wizard or was it Shadow Warrior...or War mage? Eh demon bartender for now

Class: I am a bit of a jack of most trades, magic, potions and hand to hand combat or rather sword play and dual weilding I am good at...as well as cards.

Age:Ha! I always get asked this! I forgot after the nineth century or so

Race:Shadow Demon

Weight:I...haven't really checked that. I am skinny I know that.

Height: six feet seven inches and still growing

Expertise: Trickery. Jokin' joking. I am good at ranged, magic and close range. Bad at anything light based unless I have prection.

Favored Weapon(s):Shadows, Sword of Shroud, my cards, shadow weapons

Bio:Can I just give a brief thing? Cause all of it is too much and I have secrets. Lets see...I had the average childhood of my kind. Ya know tossed in my realms wilderness where I could be found by the crones of my people. Once I was old enough to walk and hold a weapon I was tossed out in it again. Then went to the academy there. Taught magic, fighting and killing...oh torturing of angels too. Tossed out again where I almost went insane. Was in the war where I had a few buds, I was...the odd demon and not really well liked by many others cause of my prankster ways. Came to this realm. Was killed, brought back without my wings, grew my wings back which hurt like all holy heaven. Became a bar tender and that bar closed, so became a bar tender at another bar. Well a tavern, and....well that is it. Oh I have many friends here that are close. That is it. Can I have a Cherry Soda now?
"With these hands we will rebuild."

Zenia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Name:Berthas Ignias Hoarercrux. But you may call me Bigsby Bit Hat!

Titles: I have been called a great many things before. The Forsaken Librarian, The Wizard of White Tower, and even some have just called me 'Bigs' before. Granted I am not really sure as to why I have been called these things before as I assure you no title can truly represent my authority on the arcane and all things above and bellow.

Class: Class? I am not sure by what you mean. I suppose I am part of the upper class aristocracy....Oh, I see, you wanted to know about my profession then? I am a spellcaster yes but I do not see what you are getting at. Ah yes I see now. I am a wizard my boy.

Age: I am 700 years old. Or actually now that I think about it I suppose I could be older, or younger, regardless I have forgotten the actual day of my birth so it is a bit hard to say exactly.

Race: I suppose I am a human, or something close to it, though I can never be to sure of things. You know how the fabric of time represents the ultimate chaos in all.

Gender: By the Halls of Ysmiv the Lesser! I am a man you dolt! Open your eyes.

Weight:I weigh roughly around 270 pounds, all hidden under these nice robes that make me look like a scrawny pole, I know how people are looking at me.

Height: 6'10" on the dot my fine friend who is rather annoyingly curious.

Expertise: [Melee, ranged, magic, etc.] I suppose before I begin to say I am a master of the arts we should really talk about my use in other weapons first, right? I mean that is the set up on the order of things from melee to magic. At a young age before I took up the art of a true wizard I had been trained as a swordsman, not some master of arms I tell you, with enough skill to defend myself for a bit while I work my way around the problem at hand. During my travels to the Citadel were I trained a portion of my life that is now dedicated to magic in all its forms I once shot a bow, once, only to hit nothing at all that I was aiming at. After that I grew to master conjuration to transmutation to even the illuminated arts of illusion. You see I might not be as dedicated to any specific school like evokers are to fireballs or how necromancers are to their dead but it was through my diligence that I trained in all of the schools in order to surpass what understanding there was of the arts as there is now. I am versatile for what I have learned.

Favored Weapon(s): Well there is my staff I carry with me, and a sword of course, in case I need to show it off or something, but in all honesty most of my abilities come from the spells I cast.

Bio: I will not speak of my conception to the time of my youth before my training. Nor will I go on about the countless hours I spent with my former teacher or how I happened to acquire this rather magnificently mammoth wizards hat. No, I think I will start in an another area all together, you see I think I will start with the present of who I am now. I am a wizard, a spellcaster who thinks out his moves ahead and tries his best to be prepared for just about anything. Though I might not be a sorcerer for who magic has come easily towards my art is more refined. If we are to compare the two I could say that anyone can throw paint on a canvas, a sorcerer, but it takes a true artist to come up with a master piece, a wizard.

Marcus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullJester on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Name: Faas Kulaan

Titles: Prince of Fear, Son of Fire and Terror, Lord of Unnamed Dragons

Class: Kindler, Siege Knight, Dragonic Warrior

Race: Dragonic Prince

Weight: 7'9"

Height: 361 lbs

Expertise: Melee and Magic

Favored Weapon(s): Kindling Arts and a guard-less Zweihander

Bio: A lost legend of his kind, The Prince views this tournament as a chance to flex his power and remove the rust from his long neglected powers in both spell and blade, as well as a way to scout for potential allies and threats to his desired rule.

SkullJester
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarhara on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Name: Rishu

Titles: The Exile

Class: Airbender, Elementalist

Race:

Weight: 210

Height:6'3"

Expertise: Melee, ElementsMelee, Elements

Favored Weapon(s): Curved Blades, throwing knives

Bio: Rishu was born in the western air temple. He lived there 100 years before the great war. He was a fast learner around 24 he was named an airbending master but he was developing a new form of airbending. He began to experiment with sound waves. This was a much more forceful form of bending. The high monks banned him from their order. Rishu was outraged and nearly took out a section of the temple before he was forced to retreat after many of the benders in the temple responded. He began to wander the world and plotting his revenge that unknown to him would never come.

Zarhara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EmeraldStag on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 pm

I have chosen to not participate for selfish reasons. Forgive me. Take off my character from the roster. THANK YOU.
Last edited by EmeraldStag on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

EmeraldStag
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:37 am

Name: Zachariah Grimm

Titles: Dragon

Class: Beserker (unarmed)

Race: Human (Drake-Sworn)

Weight: 238lbs

Height: 6'2"

Expertise: Hand to Hand, Power, Field Control

Favored Weapon(s): Unarmed, Gauntlets

Bio: Originally a member of the famed mercenary group Imprimus, Zach is a veteran of battles against supernatural forces. Having within him the bodies of seven dominated dragons, he operates as a living siege weapon, ill-suited for teamwork with groups or more fragile teammates. At the dissolution of Imprimus, he continued as a solo operative, occasionally keeping in contact with his fellow ex-mercenaries, most notably Jegun Lobos. Only recently come to Terra, he has been seen often with the resident of Wing City.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Name: Ibn Saudaken (MV Profile ~)

Titles: Captain, E-3PKS

Class: Psyker, Technocrat

Race: Human

Weight: 230

Height: 6'1"

Expertise: CQC, Psychic Combat

Favored Weapon(s): M-57.SR Hellbore, MandraIDC FR-11 Flechette Rifle, M-7 Mono-Molecular Chainsword

Equipment: "Warlock" Psychic Mantle, Modified "Atlas" M-87 Powered Armor, Psyker Team Tac Kit

Bio: Ibn Saudaken is a veteran of the Technocratic military and the current Captain of Psyker Team Gamma. Ibn is a younger member of the force. Technocrat medicine has greatly extended the lifespan of its citizens. Found to have natural psychic powers, Ibn was recruited at the age of 25 by the shadowy PKSG division of the TDI. He has since served with the Technocrat Special Circumstances Corps.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varden on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 am

Name: Aaric Arlan

Titles: Warden, Field Marshal, Admiral, Second in Command of the Varden Expeditionary Theater

Class: Warden

Race: Ardenian

Weight: 230

Height: 6'1"

Expertise: Jack Of All Trades, Pseudo Psionic/Magical Combat

Favored Weapon(s): Lancer VP14, Assault Rifle, Einar's Valorium Longsword

Bio:

Physical Description: This blond haired browned eyed Ardenian has a goofy smile and it is not often you will see him with a frown. He is well muscled and flexible, preferring sporty clothing when not in uniform.

Personality: Aaric has a flirty, goofy, comedian like personality that has not done well for him as he moved up the ranks. He is often called loud-mouthed and a clown. It is likely his personality that has kept him from achieving the rank of Fleet Admiral.

Varden
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Hayknll Theory on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Name: Zanthas

Titles: That which should not Be.

Class: Terror

Race: none

Weight: Variable

Height: Variable

Expertise: Mixed

Favored Weapon(s): he is a weapon

Bio: "my name is Zanthas.... I am a monster not deserving of life, and not allowed to die. I have lived for four thousand eons, and I am so very tired of it."

"there once was a woman named Bianca, no not a woman, an angel higher than god. She was filled with patience and love and caring.... And it cost her her life. She... She saw something in me that just wasn't there, she saw me as a hero. She asked me to help her save the world.... And I did, because I wanted to prove that I could be something other than a demon"

"I fought for her and her people, I slaughtered her enemies and saved her allies. She cried for the men I slew, and in time her tears became my own. I would do anything for that woman....."

"If you had to kill the one you loved to save the world, could you bring yourself to do it? If they begged you to let them go, to send them to endless, dreamless sleep..... Would you have the love for them to follow through?"

"If you love them.... Then you would... You would do anything for them."

Zanthas... whatever he is, he should not be. He just... He just should not be. I've seen this, this thing go against demons, angels, heroes, and gods! And nothing, nothing has ever been able to stop him. I don't know what he is, or why he exists. All I know is that he just will not die....

Thats not right, I think if he could he would die, but he can't.
-King Matanse

The Hayknll Theory
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue-red on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Name:
Leer Suji

Titles:
Soon-To be Aura mage of the Now destroyed council of MAgi.
Holder Of The Mirror.

Class:
Aura Mage.

Race:
Human Magi

Weight:
115 pounds

Height:
6'

Expertise: [Melee, ranged, magic, etc.]
Aura MAgic /Swordsmanship

Favored Weapon(s):
His Aura blade made from Liliths Mirror itself, and his heart and soul, and love inside of it.
And magic, of course.

Bio:
Leer Was an Aura Apprentice, but after excelling beyond his peers, and killing the high aura mage in a fit of frenzy, was cast into the world, only to find the mirror, which pulled him into a vast web of evil. and ultimately giving into love and temptation and destroying the High Council, He hopes to win the tournament for insight and help on how to reset it, and fix all he's done wrong.
I'm Blue and Red is me!

Blue-red
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!