Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Project EVO: Athena's Children

Roleplay Details - Read if you haven't yet

a part of “Project EVO: Athena's Children”, a fictional universe by ElegyNote.

It's the year 11-100 and the private facility known as EVO has created the first genuine espers to ever exist, all being a group of nine intelligent teenagers. However, when one of these teens discovers a horrible plan, all but two of them rebel.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Project EVO: Athena's Children”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Roleplay Details - Read if you haven't yet

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElegyNote on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:04 am

It took me two days to put the entire role play together. While I was typing all of it out I added a section labeled "Starting the Roleplay". Somehow, when I copied and pasted what I had done to a sticky note before turning off my computer, that section got lost. It basically covered how the character were going to start role playing and how the other two would come in.

Since it didn't end up on the final intro page and I haven't noticed it until now, I'm going to add a summary of it here.

"Starting the Roleplay"
Basically when we start roleplaying, the six teens who escaped to the Victorian age end up crashing into a crop field just outside of a major city. Why? Well despite how crazy advanced the human race is in 11-100, they had only just begun to discover that time travel was possible. The time machine at EVO was merely a draft for bigger possibilities and couldn't handle the trip. The teens were lucky to have even made it before the engine collapsed in on itself. I'll have more of it explained when I make the first post.

Each of the teens will be wearing both a black metal bracelet and an earpiece that would've been used for communication, but being in the Victorian age, any devices similar to those would be rendered useless. They all just lost a good friend so they'll be handling that in their own way and figuring out what course of actions they should take next.

As for the two teens to stayed behind to support EVO's plan, their role is to track down the six Espers who betrayed the cooperation and either kill them or bring one or more of them back to EVO for "questioning" if given the chance. They'll do this by taking the newest created time machine and following the other six to the Victorian age to hunt them down. They won't be following them though until the day after the other six arrive there. However they can still be active in there own time and reflect on what's just happened at EVO.

There! Now the rest of this will be to clarify a few things.

There were originally twelve students who were pulled aside for the Athena experiment, but three died. Why weren't the teens protestant about this? How could they have still been with EVO after those accidents? Well, none of the teens who made it through the experiments remember it. Any memory of the deaths of the three who didn't make it were wiped. The truth about this will likely be revealed to them later on in the role play.

How Ranking Works
The ranking system is pretty blunt. The first test when citizens are ranked for the first time is at the end of their fifth grade year in elementary school. The Ranking exam is basically finals, only a little more difficult and a few hours longer. Then the student move onto their middle school years with the rank they received. At the end of their middle school year, their 8th grade year, they take another Ranking exam. This one is much longer and more difficult than the first and either a student will gain a rank or two or they will do badly and the rank they had will drop. The last ranking test as a student is at the end of their senior year when they take the exam again which will result in the same gain or drops as the second test.

During the middle of their ninth grade year any student with a rank 5 or higher have the chance to take the entrance exam for EVO. Those who don't pass are not allowed to take the exam again and will continue their high school years.

Ranking at EVO works a little differently. Each year the students who passed the entrance exam is allowed to take a Ranking test to try to get a higher rank. However if they do worse then the last time they tested they will have to deal with the consequences. If a Rank 5 who passed the EVO entrance exam drops to rank 4 or lower after taking a test then they will be withdrawn from the school and won't be allowed to enter again. With the espers who were a part of the Athena project, their rank is also determined by their stamina, strength, and intelligence.

Below are some more rules I either forgot to mention or that I've had to add.

Extra Rules

- After you've completed and submitted your character, please wait patiently for me to make the first post before you begin posting. My first post will indicate that the role play has officially begun.

- Use the tagging tool when posting. Tag your own character and any characters that you mention, even if it's just a little, in your post. If you submit your post and forget to tag then please go back and tag anyway.

- Be sure to check this thread regularly for updates, new info and/or new rules.

-BE COMMITTED! I can't stress this enough guys. If you're unable to post AT LEAST once a week then I'm sorry but do not join this role play. If something comes up and you will have to leave then please announce it in the OOC. If you disappear for too long without warning then I will have no other choice but to terminate your character.

- Romance and cussing is completely allowed, but this is a pg13 roleplay so no sex or extreme fowl language. Let's keep the heat on that turned down to a comfortable room temperature, alrighty?

- No one-liners. Make each post at least one paragraph long and be as detailed as you can. However please don't go writing up a whole chapter either.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ElegyNote
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!