Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Infinit World

Character Creation Guide

a part of “Infinit World”, a fictional universe by Sonicx00.

A brand new patch for "Infinit World" has just been released bring new content to the game yet also many dark truths behind it. Follow the story and help save you and the subscribers among you...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Infinit World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Creation Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Explanation of the character sheet and the best way to create a character for this role-play.

So you may find yourself looking at the character sheet and looking at the mechanics and basically may feel some anxiety or perhaps confusion. I am creating this guide to help those who may be in this position yet want to actually try my style of roleplaying.

First things first.. DO NOT overlook and think there is too much information going on for me to follow the RP. Its really not a lot and I swear its easy and nearly common sense. So take a breather, relax and flow through character creation as you would any.

With all of that said lets begin character creation.

1- First things first unless you have a reality character in mind, you can SKIP the reality info for now. What really gets people's anxiety worked up is when you see the "in-game" character with all its numbers and what not.

2- so.. we're finally hereā€¦ Now comes to actually thinking. First think of what kind of character you want to be. The races are listed at the beginning. In addition what might this character be good at. If it helps you at all think of your favorite class to play or find a good anime picture that resembles a race and replicate it into what you think he/she would be.

3- Assuming you have your idea, you reach the point of being asked if your a beta tester and how long you've actually played. We all know being a beta tester is fun and great. Perhaps even being one to play from the official release too.. but remember this comes with a price and what is that price?

Its doing mathā€¦

4 - Current locationā€¦ If your new keep Baldr (Starting) and go onto step 6. For those who've played longerā€¦ you'll basically have the choice to simply start where ever you think your character would be. You can however skip this until the character creation is at the end when its time to do "Character History"

5- Cities Visitedā€¦ Basically this is where your character has been and what wave gates he/she has unlocked. Make sure it fits with your character history.

6- Name and Gender are easy. New players go onto the next step. I suggest if your character does in fact want a guild then wait it out until "Character History".

7. - Goldā€¦ Do not touch thisā€¦ a new player you'll have 0. For those who chose to play, you'll get it from me generated and dependent on how long your character has played the game.

8.Skip the items/perks

9. Choosing your raceā€¦ the race choices are right below the character sheets, these will matterā€¦ After choosing the weaponry this will also matter. If I see you have chosen dual-wielding daggers but don't have the skill. I will call you out on it.

10. Levels and EXPā€¦ don't touch either of these. I will fairly give these to you depending on my rolls and from what i see on your character history. If your new then it will be level 1 and you can simply go on.

11. Statsā€¦ Do not let that anxiety trip come in againā€¦ Its not hard.

What I always do is I copy the maximums of my race and place them on my sheet. That way i know I can't go over and such.

So for example. We'll use the human.

Strength - 20
Vitality - 20
Dexterity - 20
Agility - 20
Intelligence - 20
Mind - 20

We know we have 40 points to useā€¦ and every stat must have at least 2 zooā€¦

Strength - 2/20
Vitality - 2/20
Dexterity - 2/20
Agility - 2/20
Intelligence - 2/20
Mind - 2/20

That suddenly brings us down to 28 points to use freely. The rest is all my choiceā€¦

Strength - 8/20
Vitality - 10/20
Dexterity - 2/20
Agility - 4/20
Intelligence - 10/20
Mind - 6/20

ok so all my 40 points are spent now we come down to do our calculations.

HP: 10
SP: 10
P.ATK:8Ā  Ā P.DEF:5
M.ATK:20 M.DEF:12
Speed:0Ā  Accuracy:0
Actions:2

They all fall into place. Every stat will round down if its a decimal.

SO if you're new characterā€¦ your stats are done!! If you're choosing a higher level character or more experienced you'll find yourself doing a bit more when them later. So for now move on.

Congrats hard part is overā€¦ (At least for the newbie characters)

12. Abilitiesā€¦ these aren't hard, In fact they're more so creative! You just need to know how to balance. Also know what the difference between abilities, passive and spells are.

Abilities are what your character can physically do. These often don't take too much SP and revolve around P.ATK and your combat stats (STR,DEX, VIT etc)

Spells are basically what your character can do mentally. Conjuring fire, using a healing ability, summoning etc. These are all Spells.. they often take a lot more SP then physical abilities.

Passives are basically things that happen automatically at a certain time or are just a permanent buffs. They're usually what defines your characters aside from the rest in the game.

Basically have fun and don't try to power houseā€¦ I do reviews and I make sure you're balanced. Head to toe.

Finally character historyā€¦ If your new.. You won't have any, so you're done!!!! As for those who've been playing remember I read these rather thoroughly HOWEVER, I suggest you hold off on this and submit the profile because you have a few extra steps.

13. So you've submitted the profile. You now have to wait till I send you a message. Basically I will give you a pre-review, your and your new levelā€¦ Here comes the hard partā€¦ with your new level comes more stat points and you have to manually level your character up every level!!

So lets put this as an exampleā€¦

Level 1

Strength - 8/20
Vitality - 10/20
Dexterity - 2/20
Agility - 4/20
Intelligence - 10/20
Mind - 6/20

HP: 10
SP: 10
P.ATK:8Ā  Ā P.DEF:5
M.ATK:20 M.DEF:12

The human is level 1 at the moment but lets sayā€¦ He's played for 2 weeks and I bumped him to level 10ā€¦

He now has 9 points to useā€¦

Technically he's still at level 1 however lets spend a pointā€¦

I'm going to spend the point on strength.

Level 1

Strength - 9/20
Vitality - 10/20
Dexterity - 2/20
Agility - 4/20
Intelligence - 10/20
Mind - 6/20

Notice its now a 9.

Coming down to the derived stats because he didn't upgrade his vitality he'll just add 10 HP and because he didn't increase his Intelligence he'll just add 10.

HP: 20
SP: 20

For P.ATK, he added 1 STR so it becomes 9ā€¦ However every level P.ATK, M.ATK, P.DEF, and M.DEF get 1 additional point regardless! So P.ATK actually gained 2 ATK as the others went up by 1.

P.ATK:10Ā  Ā P.DEF:6
M.ATK:21 M.DEF:13

Actions/Speed and Accuracy don't go up because the stats weren't upgraded and they do not get an additional point per level.

So lets level him 2 more times to show the value of HP and SP Increaseā€¦

Level 2

Strength - 9/20
Vitality - 11/20
Dexterity - 2/20
Agility - 4/20
Intelligence - 10/20
Mind - 6/20

So I added 1 to vitality this time, this in fact increases his health by 11 per level now instead of 10.

HP: 31
SP: 30

Every other stat because strength was not increased goes up by 1. Had fit been 12 you would up the P.DEF by 2 (Because dividing 12/2 gives 6 and he's leveled 2 giving 2 points)

P.ATK:11Ā  Ā P.DEF:7
M.ATK:22 M.DEF:14

He is now level 3.

Lets do it one more time for SP.

Level 3

Strength - 9/20
Vitality - 11/20
Dexterity - 2/20
Agility - 4/20
Intelligence - 11/20
Mind - 6/20

Added 1 to my int this time, letting the human gain 11 SP per level!

HP: 42
SP: 41

Because he added int, It allowed him to get 3 M.ATK because 1 Int = 2 M.ATK and you get 1 additional point in that stat per level!

P.ATK:11Ā  Ā P.DEF:8
M.ATK:25 M.DEF:15

Cool He is now level 4.

And it will continue like such until you've leveled yourself all the way to your given level!

14. So now that final and rough road of character creation is overā€¦ After everything is done. I will finally approve of the character and you can spend the given gold in the shop.

I SUGGEST TO ALL that you read the posting guide and Mechanics.. Most of it is common sense, however combat rules, and guide on leveling and such are all there. Everything you need to know is there!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Character Creation Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoticChrono on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Well this seems somewhat straight foward. I play Pathfinder so this is practically what I already do, but real quick is this like the character creation way of Dnd? I was just wondering, never played it so I wouldn't know.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PsychoticChrono
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Re: Character Creation Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonicx00 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Not exactly, in DnD you roll for your "base stats". This is my own system for this game that actually allows more rp and less stress to the players so they really never have to pick up a die. All your really doing is placing the given stat points where you want them to.

Sonicx00
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!