Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Ivory Door

The Ivory Door

a part of “The Ivory Door”, a fictional universe by fish-with-a-knife.

The discovery of the century, or something much more sinister?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Ivory Door”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Ivory Door

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:32 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Ivory Door"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: The Ivory Door

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 pm

I'd like to grab the archaeologist, will have the profile submitted soon. Also, what year is it in the RP? (I'm hoping the 1920s noir vibe from CoC is staying.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Alright, I'll save that for you. Originally I was going to make it modern day, for the sake of making it easy for everyone to know what sort of tech is available, but if there's a demand for something more 20s or 40s, I'd be happy to oblige

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:32 pm

I'd love to join, as perhaps a photographer along with the documentary crew or maybe a historian, but I'm wondering if you could decide on the time period thing before hand though so I know what kind of character to create. If it was the 20's or 40's I'd have to create a much different kind of woman than I would if it was a modern chick xD
I'm cool either way, would miss modern technology though! lol :) But I do love vintage/noir things. :]

One other question, is the majority of the RP going to be about to studying the crypt/door in a castle, or is this crypt/door going to lead somewhere or to something?? *just curious if there's a plot past studying the door*

Thanks for reading! xD
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"자살은 고통을 없애주지 않는다. 단지 다른 사람에게 고통을 전가 시킬 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Well, after some thought, I did away with an actual journalism crew, but a photographer that is specifically part of the investigation crew is more than acceptable. I guess since people seem to like the more noir setting usually used for these sort of stories, I'll settle on 1940s for the sake of things.

There is a plotline that generally goes up to opening the door and a bit past it, and I do have some story ideas for even beyond that, but I figure that I'd cross that bridge when I got to it. After all, want to make sure there's interest before going on.

So did you want to be the photographer or the historian, or some combination of the two (that's allowed, of course).

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Okay! Well that all sounds good to me! :3
I'd love to make a character that's a historian & photographer for a popular magazine like TIME! xD

I'm gonna go lay down for a few hours but when I wake up I'll submit a CS! :3

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovebird on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:06 am

I think I'd like to take the Language Expert, if I'm allowed to.. ^^ And I may or may not be done with the whole CS tonight (If I get the part), but I will finish it tomorrow. .. And I would like to be playing a Male. Is that alright?

Lovebird
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:23 am

Done & Submitted! :3

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:46 am

@Lovebird: I don't see why not, in the 40s you would see a lot more males anyways, so its perfectly fine.

@~Lonesome Butterfly~: I like your character o3o

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Ah! Well, I seem a little late to the party. I'm in school right now and about to go to class, but before I do, I was hoping to lay my chips down on The Anthropologist's spot and try to make a character when I get back.
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Sure thing, Walt. I'd like to note that the lead professor is also an anthropologist, so you'll have a bit in common.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Alright, I was too late to get the lead feller, so could I take the soldier?

Erik7622
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Erik, I'm afraid the soldier is reserved as indicated, however you may suggest your own role.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Oh derp. I can't read.

What about a chaplain?

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Well, if you can explain why there's a chaplain there, then sure. The person playing the soldier is actually coming as part of the crew that will be opening/removing the door, so he has a reason to be there.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Aaaaaand submitted. Now, I did work him out pretty quickly, so if you see any errors, have any questions, critiques or suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them. Also, Erik, I hope you find reason, because I really think a chaplain would be a good addition to the crew. (Psst. They have been known to be added to crews for the militairy and universities and all kinds of things. Just, you know, just saying. THERE IS A WAY!)

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Omg! *so giddy* from all these amazing characters!!! xD
Nice to see another female role too, <3 her personality/background!! :P'

EDIT:: Oh! I was wondering, will we all be in the same carriage as we approach the castle, or will we have our own separate entrances?? Thanks! ^_^
(ooo, or perhaps women in one men in another? lol)

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Originally I was going to have there be a carriage up from the village below to the castle. I sorta set the scene up, but its not nailed down at this moment.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Perhaps the chaplain is a religious historian who's there because of something about the crypt? He would assume it's a Catholic/Christian crypt. Or maybe he's there by request of one of the other academics who's a Catholic?

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fish-with-a-knife on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Perhaps he's a member of the Pontifical Academy of Archaeology, sent to investigate the site in general. Or perhaps he is still in studying, and is a student? Either way, it kinda gives you a way in. So rather assuming that the crypt (you guys don't actually know what it is, that's just what the owner of the castle thinks it is) is Catholic, its an investigation to see if is or is not Catholic in nature.

fish-with-a-knife
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!