Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Eternal Night Approaching

a part of “Eternal Night Approaching”, a fictional universe by Robbhus.

The amount of beings known as Nightshades are increasing in a drastic amount, and there are only so many that can locate and terminate them. Are you one of them?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Eternal Night Approaching”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:16 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Eternal Night Approaching"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Robbhus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Eternal Night Approaching

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Do you love me? Aaaaand how many characters can we reserve?

If two, can I have number 3 and 13? If one.... Hand me one of them please~

Maybe we can recall someday, and meet again

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:41 pm

FuyuHana wrote:Do you love me? Aaaaand how many characters can we reserve?

If two, can I have number 3 and 13? If one.... Hand me one of them please~

Fuyu, daeski da-yo! Feel free to reserve as many characters as you'd like, as long as you keep control over them.

You can have number 13, but not number 3 as it is an NPC. You can have number five however.

Robbhus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Sounds good! I'll get to work on them right away! (Argitou Robbhus-san~)

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solawind on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:18 pm

>~> Not fast enough to jump on no. 13. Time to reassess plans.

Solawind
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:45 pm

I'll reserve rank 7 please, if possible! Thank you~
So -- only the death perception is somekind magical/ special. The strong point is more the physical ability and the usage of weapons, which even brought the veteran/ high-class Nighshade hunters to the point they are now, is that right? Do they just receive the death perception one night, so suddenly, or is it as a result of training?
"Every mother on earth gave birth to a child. Except my mother: she gave birth to a legend. High five mom!" - lolsotrue.com
"Periods are ridiculous. I shouldn't be punished for not being pregnant," - lolsotrue.com
"Dear Life, when I said 'Can my life get any worse', it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge." - lolsotrue.com

REMEMBER: Facebook is not a FREAKIN' DIARY. Who the hell wants to know when you go to the fuckin' TOILET?

Finneline
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:08 am

Do you believe in magic? :3

& may I reserve #5 and or 6, please. =]

EDIT: Also, as far as pictures go - is there a preference to real life, drawn, anime, whathaveyou?

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:51 am

Might I reserve #9, please? c:

You mentioned classes in the intro and that most nightshade hunters are warriors, are the other classes things like 'Archer', 'Healer', etc. (so, directly related to fighting style)? Also, what time period/era is this RP in?

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:54 am

May I reserve Rank #2?

Are we allowed to personalize the power of our character's ability, do we need to clear the ability with you first, and can we choose their specialty weapon?

Also, what is the age minimum and maximum for the hunters/huntresses?

Would you prefer real pictures or anime?

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:16 am

Finneline wrote:I'll reserve rank 7 please, if possible! Thank you~
So -- only the death perception is somekind magical/ special. The strong point is more the physical ability and the usage of weapons, which even brought the veteran/ high-class Nighshade hunters to the point they are now, is that right? Do they just receive the death perception one night, so suddenly, or is it as a result of training?

The Death Perception is the one and only magical ability a hunter/huntress has. While some might be using magical weapons or familiars, the majority would be using standard weapons. And yeah, the Perception ability is normally less strength than an average attack, though with enough training, it can be evened out. A hunter/huntress has the Perception throughout their whole life, but it normally only starts showing itself when the hunter/huntress has been active for a good while. After that, the hunter/huntress can request training from one with a similar perception.

I hope that answered your question. Also, I'll add your character to the intro in a second!

Artik wrote:Do you believe in magic? :3

& may I reserve #5 and or 6, please. =]

EDIT: Also, as far as pictures go - is there a preference to real life, drawn, anime, whathaveyou?

I prefer anime or drawn.

5 is already reserved by FuyuHana, but you can have number 6.

And I love magic <3

Renmiri wrote:Might I reserve #9, please? c:

You mentioned classes in the intro and that most nightshade hunters are warriors, are the other classes things like 'Archer', 'Healer', etc. (so, directly related to fighting style)? Also, what time period/era is this RP in?

Reserved.

Directly related to fighting style, yeah, and it is set in a modern day time.

Kura Ravengade wrote:May I reserve Rank #2?

Are we allowed to personalize the power of our character's ability, do we need to clear the ability with you first, and can we choose their specialty weapon?

Also, what is the age minimum and maximum for the hunters/huntresses?

Would you prefer real pictures or anime?

Rank 2 is reserved as an NPC and cannot be played, in order to maintain balance in the roleplay, I decided that the top 3 was not allowed to be reserved, to always have something stronger than the rest.

You can just submit the power in your CS, but if there is something about it that I'm very much against, I won't allow it and your character won't be approved till its changed. And as it is now, only one character is allowed to have the specific Death Perception ability.

There is no minimum or maximum, though I wouldn't expect a top ten to be anything less than 20, most likely closer to 30.

Anime.

I hope that answered all questions, and if not, send me an IM or PM me, or just ask here!

Robbhus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bfb_monster on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:20 am

Any chance I could reserve number 11?

And I was wondering... Do I really have to love you? Ohh!! And also: if my character turned out to be a little... eccentric, would that be acceptable?

Cool RP by the way :D

bfb_monster
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Number six it is! Thanks Ladyface. And drawn - perfecto.

Just need to ponder what Death Perception ability to have and run it by you I think. ^__~

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:31 pm

bfb_monster wrote:Any chance I could reserve number 11?

And I was wondering... Do I really have to love you? Ohh!! And also: if my character turned out to be a little... eccentric, would that be acceptable?

Cool RP by the way :D

Sure, I'll pit it up. And yes, you do indeed need to love me, I am everything, so you need to love me. And eccentrism is perfectly fine, spices things up a little. Just make sure to not overdo it.

Artik wrote:Number six it is! Thanks Ladyface. And drawn - perfecto.

Just need to ponder what Death Perception ability to have and run it by you I think. ^__~

"ladyface" ?

Send me a PM when you have it, or an IM if I'm online, and I'll look at it.

UPDATE

WIPs will not be approved before the death perception, rank, and rank number, as well as any other vital information is included. I can live on without it having the personality, likes and dislikes, and backstory, but the rest should be filled to some degree. Also, please look at other people's sheets before you submit your own, it makes a lot more different characters!

Robbhus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Oop, correction - ManPants, then. Default nickname, apologies.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Yeah, you answered my question perfectly =D

Eh, and Robbhus, is my death perception alright? Kinda still a work in progress, but gotta have to know if it's good to go with you so I can start off with the history part.

Thankies~

Ah, and hello there new faces! I'm looking forward to roleplaying with you all =D

Finneline
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Finneline wrote:Yeah, you answered my question perfectly =D

Eh, and Robbhus, is my death perception alright? Kinda still a work in progress, but gotta have to know if it's good to go with you so I can start off with the history part.

Thankies~

Ah, and hello there new faces! I'm looking forward to roleplaying with you all =D

Good :)

And it's quite alright, yeah.

Finished my own character! Woohoo, now I can focus on other important things, like (not) studying!

Robbhus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ramiro on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:29 pm

I feel like I am going to regret this massively... but please reserve me #10 if you would, Robbhy.

Ramiro
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Character rough draft submitted. =D Still a WIP, but it's nice to have something concrete to fiddle with.

Artik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:13 am

For anyone that has not submitted a CS or are planning to reserve, please, pretty pretty please, make a native speaker! (In other words, a Japanese character!) There is currently only 50 percent of the characters that speak Japanese as their first language (Or would at the very least) and it is really bothering both me and my logic.

Robbhus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:12 am

There are plenty of ways to finagle it so my character speaks Japanese as his first language - he just had a french last-name so I stuck with that.

If that helps. :3

Artik
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!