Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness: Relationship Thread

a part of “Eternal Darkness”, a fictional universe by Nephilim.

[Private Role-Play]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Eternal Darkness”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Eternal Darkness: Relationship Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephilim on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Code: Select all
[center][img]NAME OF CHARACTER[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]IMAGE OF CHARACTER[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][font=choice of font][size=140]"[color=character color]Quote Here.[/color][/font][/size][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[list][font=choice of font][*][color=#D4C24C][b]Aurelia Rodanthe[/b][/color]  - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"
Insert Thoughts and Feelings.[/font]

[font=choice of font][*][color=#010557][b]Rikichi Sakuragi[/b][/color]  - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"

[font=choice of font][*][color=#5100BA][b]Mika Sakuragi[/b][/color]  - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"

[font=choice of font][*][color=#CC0404][b]Rivka Atol[/b][/color]  - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"

[font=choice of font][*][color=#BF7D2C][b]Kiyoshi Tsuji[/b][/color]  - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"

[font=choice of font][*][color=#09E0C7][b]Haruki Blake[/b][/color] - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"

[font=choice of font][*][color=#494D49][b]Haruka Tsuji[/b][/color] - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"

[font=choice of font][*][color=#A81B1B][b]Vasilios Nero[/b][/color]  - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"

[font=choice of font][*][color=#08C42D][b]Raamah Atol[/b][/color] - insert symbol - "[url=][color=character color][i]Quote.[/i][/color][/url]"
Insert Thoughts and Feelings.[/font][/list]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nephilim
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Eternal Darkness: Relationship Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephilim on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:52 pm

"They say that bonds are meaningless; to create them serves no purpose. I would like to agree, yet I cannot. It is through these particular bonds that we strive to do better. To create a world that is free, beautiful, yet terrifying all the same. I do not care for these things, personally, however; one cannot deny a certain allure it holds.

Last edited by Nephilim on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:14 am, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nephilim
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephilim on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:56 pm

"Bonds are important to create. It is what defines a person, not by how many friends they have, but their own ability to befriended. If one is not able to befriend everyone, how can one learn to properly rule and understand his subjects?"

Last edited by Nephilim on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Nephilim
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:20 am

I may not look strong, but thatā€™s only until you have to lean on me. If you do, youā€™ll see just how much I can take for the people I care about.

• Rikichi Sakuragi - 情- "Rkichi is a friend of Vasil. He comes by for tea sometimes, and Iā€™ve never heard him say an undeserved ill thing about anyone. He seems like a very good person."
    He is very difficult to read, and truth be told, there are many things about him that Lia does not know. She likes to think of herself as a good judge of character, however, and she believes Rikichi to be a decent person. Itā€™s a bit strange, actually, as a pureblood and a close servant of the king with a very high station, she was initially very wary of him. But he seems not to care about the fact that she is human, and once Vasilios assured him that it was okay, he spoke openly of their business in her presence. He enjoys her tea, and theyā€™ve exchanged a few pleasant words themselves. Lia does not know if Rikichi might be her ally, but he is not her enemy. That much, she can be sure of.

• Mika Sakuragi - ā˜Æ - "Rikichiā€™s daughter, with a human, they say. I havenā€™t spoken to her much."
    Aurelia will admit that sheā€™d very curious about Mika. The woman is a guard like Rikichi, a relatively high position for a dhampir to be occupying, and more than that, she is the personal guard of the Crown Prince. Dhampir are not exactly uncommon, but generally speaking, they are not lovingly raised by either of their parents, so for Rikichi to love her as much as he clearly does is interesting. Maybe she shouldnā€™t be nosy, but Aurelia canā€™t help but want to talk to Mika, who seems like a very strong, steady person. Itā€™s weird, thoughā€¦ something about her almost reminds Lia not only of Rikichi, but of Vasilios. It must be something in their auras, maybe.

• Rivka Atol - ā˜Æ - "The Queen. Iā€™ve never talked to such an important person as that. Iā€™ve seen her though; sheā€™s very beautiful."
    Aurelia prefers to reserve judgement on people until she meets them and gets to know them a little bit. As sheā€™s never met the Queen, she doesnā€™t have much of an opinion about her yet. On the one hand, the fact that sheā€™s married to someone like the King would lead Lia to expect that sheā€™s just as bad as he is, butā€¦ on the other hand, she has difficulty believing that someone like Rikichi would be so loyal to someone who was every bit as awful as the King. So she wouldnā€™t even know what to expect, really.

• Kiyoshi Tsuji - 情 - "Kiyo! I shouldā€¦ probably be more respectful than that, but to be fair, I had no idea who he was when I met him, and he didnā€™t seem to mind."
    Lia met Kiyoshi purely by accident. He was taking a walk through the gardens, and she was working in them, tending her plants. She isnā€™t sure if he thought she was a servant or something, but she had no idea who he was. He asked her about what she was doing, and they ended up having a very pleasant conversation about flowers. This happened a couple more times before she brought him up to Nero, who informed her with some amusement that the person sheā€™d assumed was a relatively ordinary vampire was in fact the son of the King. It threw Lia for a bit of a loop, but she likes to think that they might be friends anyway. Itā€™s not like sheā€™s overly conscious of things like titles unless she has to be, after all.

• Haruki Blake - ā˜¹ - "Heā€™s such a jerk! Seriously, where does he get off talking to people like that?"
    Being as vocal and as brash as she is, Aurelia has butted heads with the Kingā€™s advisor more than once, and none of the encounters has been the least bit pleasant. Sheā€™s used to tearing down courtiers with her words and watching them resort to base insults and implications to attack her, but much as he seems to be above that hearing him condescend to her is infinitely worse somehow. Itā€™s weird, though, almost like she thinks thereā€™s something good in him somewhere, but itā€™s elusive, and that fact pisses her off more than anything. If youā€™re going to give someone that impression, at least have the decency to kind of be nice every once in a while, instead of some arrogant, pompous jerk who couldnā€™t fit his ego through a freaking doorway! ā€¦it might be a tasteful bit of understatement to say he riles her. Itā€™s more like sheā€™s a stick of dynamite and heā€™s a wayward spark or twenty. The results are explosive, to say the least.

• Haruka Tsuji - ā˜Æ - "Oh. The King, heā€¦ he gave her to Vasil, like sheā€™s some kind of pet. I canā€™t stand that. I mean, I know heā€™ll never hurt her or anything, butā€¦ I still feel really bad for her."
    Nobody should be treated like an object. No matter who they are, where they come from, or what theyā€™ve done. Aurelia has no idea that Haruka is a princess, but even if she did, she wouldnā€™t treat her any differently. Sheā€™s very angry at the King for what he did to the woman, and she was the one who convinced Nero to agree to take her, knowing that she would likely go somewhere much worse if he didnā€™t. Lia would very much like to be Harukaā€™s friend, and to know more about her, but she also understands if the woman wants nothing to do with any of them. After all, the rumors say that Aurelia is willingly what Haruka is being forced to be: the concubine of a powerful vampire. Not so, but awfully hard to convince people of, honestly.

• Vasilios Nero - 情 - "He saved me, raised me, and protects me still. There is no way to express how grateful I am to him."
    Perhaps the only person who nicknames Vasilios and gets away with it, Aurelia calls him Vasil, only because he was insistent that she not refer to him as her father. Regardless, this is how she thinks of him, and she does tend to slip occasionally. She has spent her entire life in his company, and this has granted her a glimpse into his nature that few have ever had, except perhaps Rikichi. She knows that he is complex, and neither black nor white, but a thousand shades in between. She also believes something he does not: that he is capable of love and compassion. She has always believed in him, and she always will, no matter what other people say about them for it.

• Raamah Atol - ā˜¹ - "This manā€¦ he gives me the creeps, honestly."
    Thereā€™s just something about Raamah that sets her on edge, like a danger-sense honed to keep her alive. Sheā€™s only crossed his path perhaps once or twice, and never spoken to him directly, but frankly, sheā€™s grateful for that. He makes her skin crawl, and not in the pleasant way, either. She canā€™t explain it, and honestly, she doesn't want to be able to.

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:55 am

One does not expect a man to empathize with an ant, so why expect me to empathize with a man?

• Aurelia Rodanthe - 情 - "She is a light that I will allow no one else to extinguish."
    To this day, Nero does not understand the strange compulsion that drove him to revive the dying girl by infusing her with his magic, but he cannot say that he regrets doing so. On the contrary, Aurelia is by and large responsible for the few moments in his tedious existence that he has actually enjoyed, and those who know him even a little know that while he quite often smirks, generally from amusement, she is the only one who has ever made him smile. He protects her with his authority and his power, and thus far, nobody has dared challenge this and survived it.

• Rikichi Sakuragi - 情 - "A rarity in this worldā€”a good man."
    Nero doesnā€™t really have friends. He lacks, or believes he lacks, the fundamental capacity for empathy necessary to have a real friendship. Nevertheless, he enjoys a certain rapport with Rikichi, who is perhaps the only person from whom he has ever accepted servitude rather than soul as payment. He watched the man fight in the arenas back when he was still a human, and saw in him a rare, raw desire not only for life, but for the right kind of life. He found it interesting enough to grant, and so far, he has not been disappointed. Rikichi is an excellent servant, and a person of unusual caliber in this world. Alas, even this is not enough to change Neroā€™s mind about destroying it.

• Mika Sakuragi - ā˜Æ - "Such a childā€¦ I should have known."
    Nero has only made one mistake in his life. Or rather, he has only done one thing he personally considers to be a mistake, and that was to lie with a certain vampire woman. Unbeknownst to him at the time, she elected not to do the reasonable thing and use contraception, out of a desire to bind him to her in some tangible way. She was a foolā€”it is no ordinary woman who could possibly carry a child of a devil to term, and the birth destroyed her. Nero had Rikichi raise the child, because he did not want her to be as he was, but better. He has never revealed her parentage to anyone, and will not speak of the matter, not even to Rikichi. Nobody else knows to ask. Thankfully, her appearance most resembles her mother.

• Rivka Atol - ā˜Æ - "A rather unlucky player in an ugly game."
    Nero does not have any particular opinion on the Queen, as his general disdain for her husband does not extend to her. He is aware of Rikichiā€™s feelings for her, but he knows that the man wonā€™t let them get in the way, and they do not concern him. He would not go out of his way to help the woman, but he certainly would not go out of his way to harm her, either. He has a small modicum of respect for the fact that she manages to be married to Hajime without killing him, but thenā€¦ that might be as much folly as strength. Either way, it isnā€™t his business.

• Kiyoshi Tsuji - ā˜Æ - "His son. Ironic, that he seems to have a touch of divinity when his father possesses no soul any longer."
    Kiyoshi is of mild interest to Nero because his powers include the manipulation of holy fire, a most unusual attribute, considering the last of the angels died a very, very long time ago. Magic works in ways that even he does not always fully understand, and it would appear that his interference with the Kingā€™s blood had notable effects on both of the manā€™s children. Out of curiosity, he keeps an eye on them from time to time, but he has developed no specific opinion on Kiyoshi as a person, believing that to do so would serve no purpose anyway.

• Haruki Blake - ā˜Æ - "The mockingbird sings the tune that is called for, and watches the figures dance to it as he directs. A clever creature, but one that I am ultimately unconcerned with."
    It provides Nero some amusement to observe the ways in which Haruki manipulates the courtiers and even the king, and he finds it of further interest that the man is a vigilante. This piece of information, he came across quite by accident, but itā€™s not like he has any reason to tell anyone, even Haruki himself, that he knows, and he doesnā€™t plan to. He finds the duplicity involved to be of some entertainment value, and he wonders just how long the man will be able to keep it up. Two hundred years is a long time, but will he manage two hundred more? Nero finds it unlikely. He is aware that his ward regularly engages in confrontation with the advisor, but knowledge of the manā€™s second identity has prevented him from interveningā€”yet. If he finds that Haruki poses Lia a danger she does not ask for, he will kill him. But he doubts this will occur.

• Haruka Tsuji - ā˜Æ - "His daughter, and an offering to appease me. Iā€™d not have bothered, but Aurelia was insistent."
    Despite all the rumors to the contrary, Nero is not interested in kept women, and finds it rather darkly-humorous that the King believes otherwise. He supposes that, given the common understanding of what it means to be the Devil, itā€™s a frequent-enough misconception. He would have refused to take her, as he has no need of anyone else in his household and home, but Lia, coming to the conclusion that Haruka would be given to someone else if the did, badgered him until he agreed to accept her presence. He hasnā€™t even spoken to her since, actually, though he does plan to eventually, if only to lay any misconceptions she might have to rest. Ordinarily, he would neither bother nor care, butā€¦ Lia.

• Raamah Atol - ā˜Æ - "A ratherā€¦ depraved individual."
    Sadly typical of his kind and this world, actually. Beyond an acknowledgement of his baseness, Nero really has no cause to care about who the man is or what he does.

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:53 am

Everything I was severed, and so I became something else. But I have not lost the ability to care. I cannot say if this is good or terrible.

• Aurelia Rodanthe - 情 - "She is a good child."
    Rikichi finds Aurelia thoroughly pleasant and refreshing, both rare traits in his life these days. Actually, he would never say it, but her bright demeanor and friendly smile remind him very much of his younger sister, long dead now save in his memory. He has spent quite a bit of time chatting with the girl, something he rarely bothers to do with anything, out of a mix of curiosity and nostalgia. He can see why Vasilios keeps her around, even if the man himself does not know. He enjoys her tea, and will sometimes come to visit not Vasilios, but Aurelia, for the sake of trying some new leaf she has grown. He finds it easy to shed the mask of guard-captain in her presence, and relishes that small gift.

• Mika Sakuragi - 情 - "My daughter, my redemption, my solace."
    Though he never expected her presence in his life, Mika has become singular in it, the one person he truly considers his family anymore. He loves her as much as if she were the blood daughter everyone believes her to be. He raised her from the time she was a newborn, though he was ill-prepared for fatherhood. Her unique nature and strange powers only complicated matters further, but they learned from each other as they went, and their bond is unbreakable and deep. Where once his thoughts were consumed only with his eventual vengeance against the king, Mika opened him up again to the possibility of living a life even without that, and learning to accept what is, without pining too much for what was. Whether heā€™ll be able to do that in the end remains to be seen.

• Rivka Atol - ā¤ - "I should not love her, but I always will."
    On a purely physical level, Rikichi was dangerously drawn to the Queen the first time he met her, back when she was simply Hajimeā€™s intended second wife. The immediate attraction alarmed him, especially since he was rather used to being around beautiful women and had never really felt particularly moved by such things. But he mastered that visceral reaction in time, only to find himself with an even bigger problem: Rivka is kind, and compassionate, and independently strongā€”everything that her husband is not. Somehow, in the course of several hundred years of guarding her, watching her bear another manā€™s child and then gradually distance herself from that man, who never appreciated her for who she was, Rikichi found that he developed that appreciation. He, put simply, fell deeply in love with her, the one woman with whom he never stood a chance in hell. Itā€™s just his luck, really. He is very, very good at not showing sign of this, but nevertheless, the feeling persists. He has even tried to allow himself to be involved with other women, in hopes of somehow supplanting the feelings he has for the Queen with feelings for someone else. But it never worked, and heā€™s not even attempted it for nigh on three hundred years. Rikichi has accepted that there will never be anyone else. There is only her, which really means that, for all practical purposes, there is no one.

• Kiyoshi Tsuji - 情 - "A good man, and a much better ruler than his father could ever hope to be."
    Somehow, being in love with the manā€™s mother and hating his father had not colored Rikichiā€™s perception of Kiyoshi at all. Actually, he rather likes him, and their exchanges are always pleasant. Rikichi raised Mika to take the position of Kiyoshiā€™s bodyguard because there was no one else he trusted to be up to the task, and thus far, by his perception of events, this has turned out to be the correct choice. Though many would demean his daughter for her supposedly-lesser nature, Kiyoshi is not one of those people, and that alone would have solidified his status as a decent person as far as Rikichi was concerned. That he is also a level-headed, compassionate ruler only makes things better.

• Haruki Blake - ā˜Æ - "I have no taste for politics, but it does not take a politician to understand how skilled he is with it."
    Beyond not liking the King and being in favor of freeing humans (neither of which he publicly admits), Rikichi goes out of his way not to have political opinions of any kind. As a result, he doesnā€™t usually form opinions on politicians, either. He does, however, have to observe them closely, because any of them is a potential threat. This applies to Haruki Blake more than most. The man is very good at what he does, and Rikichi has not failed to notice that. As a result, he is very wary of him, but far from hostile, as a guard should be.

• Haruka Tsuji - 情 - "I will not pity her. She does not deserve to be pitied. She deserves to be praised, for learning how to live as she has."
    From very early in Harukaā€™s life, it was clear that her father was never going to treat her as nothing other than an abomination and an object. Raising Mika, he had become aware of just how many potential dangers a dhampir has to deal with, especially one regularly situated among high-ranking vampires used to the rules going in their favor. As a result, he chose to teach the girl how to fight in secret, unknown to everyone but Mika, who would often help with the training. They came up with a way to integrate the essential moves of the sword or fan into dance, and it was with these improvised kata that Haru practiced. Their relationship is one of mentor and student, though at times the lines between that and father and daughter blur a little, at least for him. It is not quite familial, but there is definite resemblance there, and he has great respect for the girlā€™s strength.

• Vasilios Nero - 情 - "If ever there was a man worth serving, it is him. Ironic, then, that he is no man at all."
    Vasilios picked him up out of the dirt when he was dying and offered him a chance, not only at life, but at vengeance. For that, Rikichi would have given just about anything, but ended up offering a lifetime of servitude. He would later learn that this was an uncharacteristically light price for a deal with the devil, because Vasilios usually requires payment in souls. Nevertheless, Rikichi came to be possessed of a number of unusual powers, and a vampiric form and appetite. He has served the man faithfully ever since, though he also considers him almost a friend, of sorts. They certainly know each other better than anyone else knows either of them, and there is a kind of mutual respect there that doesnā€™t always occur in such relationships. It is a well-kept secret that Rikichi works for him, and on the surface, they are simply friends, not a stretch given their similar social status.

• Raamah Atol - ā˜¹ - "Every inch a snake, hissing in the grass. Beware his bite."
    Rikichi is highly suspicious of Raamah, not least because he offered his daughter up like a trinket for the King quite soon after the mysterious execution of the previous Queen. There is also something about the man that fundamentally rubs him the wrong way, and suffice it to say that if he never had to interact with him again, it might just be too soon. Still, this is impossible to discern from his external demeanor, and as heā€™s technically Raamahā€™s superior officer in the Guard, he has to deal with him regularly, mostly when the man reports, which happens once a week.
Last edited by Dynamite on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dynamite on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:08 am

A servant is not friends with those she serves, but Iā€¦ there are people that I care for all the same.

• Aurelia Rodanthe - ā˜Æ - "She speaks beyond her station. I do not know whether to admire her for thatā€¦ or fear for her."
    Mika hasnā€™t spoken much to Aurelia, and honestly finds her outspoken demeanor to be ratherā€¦ peculiar. She doesn't dislike it or anything, sheā€™s just not used to such things from anyone who is less than pureblood and therefore above most of the laws. Sheā€™s not stupid, and knows that the girl is tolerated because Nero says sheā€™s tolerated, but stillā€¦ for a pureblood to offer his protection to a human at all is strange in itself, and she wonders just what it is about Aurelia that has inspired such protection from someone like Nero.

• Rikichi Sakuragi - 情 - "My father, though not in the way everyone seems to think. He has made me what I am, or at least, all the worthy parts."
    Mika knows nothing of her biological parents, and indeed in her early life believed Rikichi to be her father. She still does, just for different reasons. He named her, raised her, and gave her purpose in life as well as affection. What would qualify anyone else to be her father? Blood isnā€™t important to her, thoughā€¦ some of their abilities are similar enough that she wonders if he might not be something like her uncle anyway. She doesnā€™t much care. He taught her everything she knows, and loved her as a father should his daughter, and she has returned that love. To her, it need be no more complicated than that.

• Rivka Atol - ā˜Æ - "The Queen is a woman with strength. It is not easy to accept oneā€™s duty with so much grace."
    Mika finds much to be admired in the Queen, and actually, when she was growing up, the woman was something of a role model for her. She has since realized how ridiculous this isā€”she is a dhampir and a soldier, itā€™s beyond presumptuous to even think such a thing about a Queen, but nevertheless, her admiration hasnā€™t really faded. She does not have cause to interact with the woman much, as Rikichi is Rivkaā€™s full time guard and she mostly guards Kiyoshi, but since the two are mother and son, they have been in the same room often enough.

• Kiyoshi Tsuji - ? - "I serve him. I would die for him. I have killed for his sake. And yetā€¦"
    There is some complicated history between Mika and her charge, and that is perhaps an understatement. Kiyoshi was once in love with a human woman, who turned out to be an assassin, the last scion of a hunter family who wished to die having seduced and executed the Crown Prince of vampires. Mika caught a glimpse of this possible future with her Eyes, and something in herā€¦ snapped, awakening darker powers that she has not been able to access since. Somehow, she made it back to the Princeā€™s quarters in enough time to stop the assassinationā€”but in doing so, she was forced to kill the woman, who attacked her when it was clear she wasnā€™t going to be able to get past her otherwise. Kiyoshi was deeply in love with the woman, and Mika knew this. So when she came to, she offered her own life as remonstrance for the murder of his lover. It was an offer he did not take, and sheā€™s honestly not sure how sheā€™s still his guard, but she is. He often leaves her feelingā€¦ off-balance, but she presumes it to be continual aftereffects of the incident, as she has termed it in her mind.

• Haruki Blake - ā˜Æ - "The viper speaks with silvered tongue, but his bite is still poison."
    Mentally, at least, Mika has termed Haruki the viper, and it was a very intentionally-chosen name. She generally dislikes politicians as a rule, but thereā€™s something about him that seems particularly manipulative and insidious. She gets the persistent sense that he is hiding something, but as long as he doesnā€™t interfere with Kiyoshi that much, she has n reason to try and figure out what it might be. She doesnā€™t have the station to approach him for any reason, even if she wanted to, which she does not. Their interaction, therefore, is minimal.

• Haruka Tsuji - 情 - "She and I are very similar, I think, save that our circumstances have differed greatly. Still, what we share is more significant than what we do not."
    Ordinarily, Mika would take Harukaā€™s royal status (however bastardized) to mean that a certain amount of distance is required, but this was more-or-less erased by the fact that she and Rikichi taught the girl to fight in her youth. Mika, who was honestly not that much older, found much to relate to in the other woman, and the two became close friends. With Harukaā€™s recentā€¦ transferal to the custody of Nero, Mika is neither able nor permitted to watch over her as she would her brother, but she is apparently allowed to visit at a friend, according to Rikichi, so she plans to do that, when time permits.

• Vasilios Nero - ā˜Æ - "Something about him feels familiar to me, but I cannot put my finger on it."
    Something about himā€¦ calls to something in Mika, a part of herself that she cannot identify. It is associated with the persistent tug of familiarity that she feels around him, but she is not sure what this could be. She knows that Rikichi is friends with the man, but other than that, she has no obvious connection to him, no reason to feel as she does. It makes herā€¦ wary, and slightly uncomfortable, around him, because she has the sense that the part of her that he provokes is somehow dark. Perhaps not strictly evil, but a blacker shade of grey than she is truly comfortable with. She has not gone so far as to express her discomfort to anyone else, however.

• Raamah Atol - ā˜Æ - "A fellow guard. I try not to have opinions about people I have to work withā€”they just get in the way."
    Tries being the key word. The man is a leechā€”and thatā€™s what she calls him when heā€™s not around. It doesnā€™t help that heā€™s such a condescending bastard, and looks at her as an abomination, for being what she is. There was an inquiry a few years ago where someone filed a report questioning her ability to serve adequately as Kiyoshiā€™s guard, and she has long suspected that Raamah was responsible for this, mostly because he has obvious ideas about blood status and purity and just who is good enough for what. Sheā€™d like to tell him where he can shove those ideas, but alas, she is far too respectful as a matter of habit to truly contemplate doing so.

Dynamite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naga's Shadow on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:06 am

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to decieve."

Last edited by Naga's Shadow on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Although...

Naga's Shadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naga's Shadow on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:10 am

"Nothing is stronger than the bonds we forge in this lifetime."

Naga's Shadow
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!