Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Clash of the Zodiac

Zodiac (Abilities and Skills)

a part of “Clash of the Zodiac”, a fictional universe by QueenJen.

Seraphic Academy seems like the perfect place to learn Zodiac Magic. But Zodiac holders have powerful enemies…What happens when the school becomes a target? Will the first years be able to save themselves, and possibly the school?[WIP]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Clash of the Zodiac”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Zodiac (Abilities and Skills)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:18 pm

ZODIAC

Zodiac magic and abilities (though more commonly shortened to just ‘Zodiac’ when referred to) vary greatly. Usually Zodiacs link back to whatever star sign the user has, but in rare occurrence, the abilities are completely random. Overall strength and control depend on a users dedication. Even a weak Zodiac can raise to a high level.

.Common Ability.

Typical powers seen are related to the elements; Water, Fire, Earth, and Air. Throughout history, there seems to be a pattern of specific star signs for each element, which are as follows.

Elemental Zodiac is usually one of the weaker gifts; however, since quite common, they are also the easiest abilities to learn and master. If a student is dedicated, they may become quite strong.

.Unique Abilities.

Aside from common Elemental reoccurrences, Zodiac range as far and wide as the mind can imagine. Take note,Zodiacs of Physical and Mental basis are typical and see a lot of variation. Physics or Reality Manipulation is more rare, and Divine Zodiac is almost unheard of.
(A easy to navigate site for inspiration is HERE )

.Zodiac Level.

Zodiac level is the particular amount of skill the student has in controlling their Zodiac.
First years do not exhibit fine tuned skills in using their abilities, and many times don’t even know their full Zodiac potential. They are still learning and discovering throughout their time at the Academy.
In regular circumstance, first years would range 1-5, second 4-7, third 7-8, and fourth 7-10. Other Celestial schools use a similar if not identical ability indicator. For a regular student, it would be fairly easy to get a Earthly job (with zodiac perks or requirements) with a 6 or higher. However, in order to graduate, a 7 is needed, and anyone heading into the Celestial Hierarchy will want to aim for a 9 or 10.

At the academy, it's a number with about the same significance as Class Rank. It appears next to student ranks on report sheets, and is like an overall assessment in Zodiac grades.

If I, the GM, personally unlock or improve your second ability or main Zodiac ability, it will automatically bump your character up a level; however, they need to have a moment when they discover or train with their new ability before the level can go up. Increasing a level doesn't make them all powerful, it simply shows greater control or strength.

After graduation, when moving into the Celestial Hierarchy, numbers are no longer used. The ranks of the hierarchy are based off of Zodiac Level already, not social standings or careers. The highest rank would be the highest Zodiac Level, while the lowest would be just off of graduation level.

I’m sorry this information thread is rather barren; I accidentally deleted the one I had made up and hadn’t written down the points I wanted to hit. * Facepalm *

If you have any questions on ability or magic, here would be the place. I'm making things up as I go, so if I contradict myself or confuse you, let me know (:

"All around I see raining, things don’t seem to go my way. Got a dark cloud that's hanging and it seems to follow me…"
Boy, won’t you just wake up? Feel the humming this cool world is giving you...Better start running to catch up with your life, catch on up, before the whole thing is through.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Zodiac (Abilities and Skills)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UtaUsagi on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:14 pm

so as far as teachers go what are their zodiac levels??

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

UtaUsagi
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:35 pm

They'll be Virtues, so probably 20-30. See the celestial hierarchy topic (:

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UtaUsagi on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:35 pm

OH ITS IN THERE OK I wasnt sure where to find that information xD Thanks Queen

UtaUsagi
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!