Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Multiverse

aschen defendses?

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Multiverse”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

aschen defendses?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby malaficus shaikan on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:25 am

Greetings i like to know aschen defendses.

Especial defendses against:
Dimigods.
Magic.
Summonings.
Plague's.
Natural distaters.

And the strenght and weakness of the dimigods and false gods protecting it.

No i aint planing to destroy aschen.
I do entertain the idea of playing a villian they are going to defeat.
The past has been written. the future is unwritten. the present is now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

malaficus shaikan
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

aschen defendses?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby malaficus shaikan on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:54 am

Greetings i like to know aschen defendses

Especialy agains:
Dimigods.
Magic.
Summoning.
Plague's.
Natural disasters.

Aslong as the strenght and weakness of any dimigod and false god protecting it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

malaficus shaikan
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: aschen defendses?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:11 am

If you want to play out that sort of story you should send a PM to barney_fife or Tiko. They're big players of the Aschen empire and Tiko's especially known for trying to get people involved in stories.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:49 pm

The Multiverse functions on a system of attempts and resolutions. No player is under any circumstances required to enable metagaming by providing you the strengths of weaknesses of their assets. This would only enable an opponent to come up with the perfect counter OOCly, without putting any RP effort into it.

If you want to engage with the Aschen, or any other faction or any character in the Multiverse, you simply need to write it out attempt by attempt. Instead of opening a portal into a secure facility, write your character attempting to open the portal from their original location, and the defending party then resolves if it succeeds or not

If you want to try and see if a certain weapon works against another player's character, you write an attempt at using the weapon.

Example
Acceptable Exchange:
Player 1: Alan raises his gun and fires a shot at Jack's head.
Player 2: Jack jerks as the gun goes off and he falls to the floor, bleeding.

Against the Rules:
Player 1: Alan shoots Jack in the face and blood splatters everywhere.

Why? Because you took control of another person's character and determined for them the resolution of an action without allowing them an opportunity to defend or dodge it.

Example 2
Acceptable Exchange:
Player 1: Alan begins to encant his spell that will create a rift in space and open a portal in the throne room of the Imperial Palace of Langara.
Player 2: The portal warps and struggles to open but something on the other side seems to be preventing it.

Against the Rules
Player 1: Alan opens a portal in the throne room of the Imperial Palace and steps out.

Why? Because pre-established content and active security measures were ignored.

If you follow the system of attempts and resolution, then your actions allow the defending party an opportunity to interject and respond with any assets they might have, and they can then write if the gunshot had any affect, or if the portal successfully opened. However, they in turn must write any retaliation against your character as an attempt which you then resolve the outcome of.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:45 pm

In other words...

Nip it in the bud.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!