Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Avengers Apprentice Initiative

!! Read Me !!

a part of “Avengers Apprentice Initiative”, a fictional universe by Vix.

[Look Inside]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Avengers Apprentice Initiative”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

!! Read Me !!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Howdy! This here's my roleplay for what is obviously a spin off of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'm not looking for a hundred and one players. Unless they're small, furry, and spotted. But that's highly unlikely. Honestly, I'm only looking for a few other players capable of posting at least once per week and no less than 400 words per post. Another thing that I'm looking for is players who are familiar with the working of the Marvel Comic Universe (Mainstream Earth-616) and the movies. I'm not asking that you be a total guru, but at least know something more than what the movies show in terms of the characters because we'll be working a lot with canon NPCs.

I think that if you actually read the Introduction the plot seems pretty straightforward and simple. I know you're probably wondering what's so fun about playing a group of kids in training. But, keep in mind that the MCU has not even shown half of all the villains there are. Not even a handful. That leaves our storyline open to bringing in the villains from the comics that haven't made it to the silver screen. Like Mad Jim Jaspers. Ah, everyone loves Mad Jim Jaspers. I don't want to give away too much too soon, so I'll leave it at that.

A few other things that I want to point out are:

1. Mutants do exist but they are not public and go through great lengths to keep themselves hidden. None of the events of X-Men, X2, or X-Men: The Last Stand have occurred.

2. The events of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. have not occurred. Nor have the events of any Marvel movie outside of Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America The First Avenger, The Avengers, X-Men First Class, or any of The Hulk movies. So, no. The Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and such have yet to make their appearances.

3. I will be giving far more lenience with the skills and powers of characters than you're probably used to with other GMs. Do not abuse the faith that I'm putting in you. I trust you as writers to not ruin the story for everyone else. If I see a hint of godmodding or powerplaying that proves to be detrimental to the story I will not hesitate to terminate your membership from this roleplay and kill off your character. You will get no warning, only a farewell PM. This is your warning.

4. Your character has to have flaws. Sure, they might be super smart or have amazing super powers. But they're being trained for a reason. They have potential. Their abilities are raw and need refining.

5. Do NOT execute a critical plot move without consulting me first. If you have an idea, I'm definitely open for discussion. But don't just go all willy nilly with the crazy. If you thirst for action, let me know. Don't just post out of nowhere that the bank down the street blew up and fifty thousand HYDRA agents began falling from the sky while Friends of Humanity and Zodiac duke it out in a burning orphanage that happens to be giving away boxes of bunnies.

6. Don't complain about the age gap. I've had enough already. This has nothing to do with me attempting to prevent In Character relationships. I don't care who is or isn't in a relationship In Character nor who they're in a relationship with. This accusation tells me that you're upset that you don't feel like you can ship right away and spend your story time flirting. Oh well. Anyways. The two younger females are so young because it gave me a bit of a chuckle to have two young female counterparts to Bruce and Tony. Plus I enjoy the idea of kid geniuses. If it's that much of an issue, perhaps your time is best spent elsewhere. The age of a character in a roleplay where romance is not the focal point should not be an issue. If it is an issue for you, I suggest you go find a romance roleplay.

7. I'm tired of complaints that not everyone has powers. Why is this an issue at all? If I wanted a bunch of powerhouse kids running around and fighting crime, I would have done an X-Men roleplay. But I don't so I didn't. As mentioned before, at this time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe super powered beings like mutants and whatnot are damn near unheard of and difficult to track down, much less persuade to working for a secret government organization that's been watching them. Especially when there are plenty of rumors of secret government sanctioned experiments and torture on those that aren't human. And besides - a 17 year old brain surgeon, a 14 year old that can take apart a car and rebuild it into an Iron Man suit with wheels, and a polyglot that's been training to be a secret agent since he was kid... If that's not amazing enough for you,then please go.

8. You can reserve a character but that does not mean that you automatically get that spot. If your character sheet is poorly written and/or I feel that you won't be able to meet the standards of the roleplay and commit to it, I will deny you access. If someone's reserved a character that you want, you can compete for it. May the better writer win. Dazzle me, folks!

9. Let someone know before you disappear. If you do disappear without a word and end up gone for more than 10 days, I will terminate your character to keep the story moving along. It really isn't that hard to take five minutes to contact someone via PM, IM, or OOC to announce that you're dropping the roleplay, have writer's block, need to be skipped over, losing internet, or whatever. Common courtesy, people!

10. Finally, I don't want to hear anymore complaints about having Face Claims. Oh no! Your characters are too pretty! Heaven forbid! Seriously, guys? Another stupid issue. If you don't like Face Claims, don't think that a strongly worded PM is going to make me take them all down. If you think that your FC is "too photogenic" then make them into an image that you deem undesirable. You're a writer. So write out some flaws.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!