Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose

Additional Mechanics

a part of “Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose”, a fictional universe by Zetsuna.

Eastern Fantasy RP located in the fictional world of Xhiana. The world has faced so much only to survive for a civil war. Rebels have began to rise and plot and our unlikely group of adventurers seem to be swept into the conflict.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Xhiana: Impurity Of The Rose”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Additional Mechanics

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsuna on Sun May 18, 2014 12:04 am

as I said in RP that traits will fall to me at times when Rping and depending on the situation – I will the one to drag in some of your traits time to time to where you as a Rper must reply to it as well as the group near you... Some traits are personality traits in which its all up to you to roleplay it out. If I see you're going against what your trait is – I will PM you to fix it other wise remove the trait. On some traits its situational and often shown to be work arounds... these traits will be completely dependent on me. This means I will say something like...

Bottomless Pockets
Effect: You never realize how valuable a strategically-bent piece of wire is until you’re staring at the inside of a locked prison door. In keeping with this philosophy, the character has an odd or end for every situation. 

EXAMPLE: (Kisa, While trapped inside a a cage. You realize that one of the bars holding you is crooked and could easily be pulled a part) 

Know situations wont be that easy but you know.

Personal traits... Some of us will have to follow such as Charismatic or Beauty... This is where our characters may notice this but know we all have different preferences of course being humanoids... This is one reason I expect everyone to keep up and read everyone's profile.

I already explained skills and task checks but to summarize... just be fair and know just because you're good in a skill doesn't make you a multi-class. These task checks will be very significant to how you complete certain things... As you know there is a difficult/mastery of every skill..

So example... You may have chose to be a Samurai.. but if you don't get at least 11-15 points in sword skill your skill would be below average. Which is normal for anyone... You can't just pick up a weapon and suddenly all of a sudden know how to use it... Also your stat goes along with it... You could have good skill level but if the stat doesn't comply you may find things to be difficult to keep up with.

So acting for example... You could have 25 points in it and mastered it but if you have lesser spirit – you may find yourself doubting yourself and there fore could screw your performance... I'm not saying this will always happen but its what makes since...

Another example is Alchemy or crafting.. although you could be very knowledgeable in the topic you could actually screw it up.. So if you mastered alchemy and find yourself being full of yourself and you could've made it nearly perfect if it wasn't for the fact that you forgot that last part which had to be done in the beginning! 

Usually for skills I will ask for your character or characters with the ability to do a task check before reacting to the event going on. 

One note about gambling... this doesn't just mean dice rolling and what not – It could be diplomatic where we're in a situation where theres just one hero outside of the cage as the rest of us are in a cage about a pit of lava...

You can gamble our lives as a bluff yet failure will end bad... Often as a GM I could do saves but there will be times where I wont care and will go with whatever... 

That being said... our characters CAN die permanently which means you'll have to recreate a character – When this happens Level will transfer over.. Your character won't appear until after the scene (Most likely in your nation... I will be sure to direct the RP there...)

Do not worry about “Derived stats” and what not, just enjoy Rping. I'm sure my descriptions will explain how injured your characters are and if you really want to know a HP balance I can tell you. Also spell users, don't assume you have unlimited energy to cast your shit.

To end it off – Basic RP rules – you can't god mod this and you can't be a Mary Sue when it comes to the game even if you have mastered the skill you won't always be successful.

To sum it up...

- No Mary Sues (No one is perfect)
- BE FAIR: to yourself especially in this.. there will be task checks due to skills.. be fair on the charts.
- No Godmodding
- Please make at least 3 paragraphs per post. (Dialogue has its exceptions)
- Romance allowed.(keep it pg-13).
- Keep up with the OOC/Story
- Please be nice and respect those you roleplay with.
- Take opportunities to roleplay with each other!!
Do not argue/disrespect me, if you do not like how i run the RP then don't join.

I forgot this rule but be respectful to your fellow Rpers too and be sure to give feedback on what you think and be supportive!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zetsuna
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!