Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Ravens Nest

Character Relationships / Plot ideas

a part of “The Ravens Nest”, a fictional universe by AmeliaIsGhostly.

Raven Institute for Speciality Teens, or the Ravens Nest as some call it, is a governmental run operation of cruel testing on teens with supernatural abilities. Can they find a way to escape? (More Inside.)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Ravens Nest”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Relationships / Plot ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Hey guys~ So I really love to include everyone in creating ideas for the role play and this is an open board were we can come up with collaborative ideas together. ^^

Also, when everyone get's there character finished an in, we can kinda decide how we feel everyone's character would interact with one another so we get a sort of basis. I forgot to ask as well, @Shi-bang, are we going to stick with the idea we had for Kayden and Roman last time, the whole dream thing?
.......................................................................................... ā€œI must have flowers, always, and always.ā€ ā€• Claude Monet

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Character Relationships / Plot ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmeliaIsGhostly on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Alright everyone, so I would really love to have the fist post in Wednesday night/ Thursday morning. If ya'll could finish up your WIPS on your characters by tonight, or at least get a basis of all the information in, then we could figure out character relationships and such so I can start to work on the first post, which I always fill up with other information regarding the house/ role play etc. (It's always long-ish so I apologize in advance)

Once I get home and on my own laptop, I will start of the ball on the whole "how characters will react with each other" by giving a small basis on how I perceive Roman would interact with the characters in now. ^^

Hope you guys are having a good day!

EDIT

OKAY, I wrote up little (well not little) tid-bits of how I feel Roman would interact with each of your characters. This, however, does not reflect on how your character has to react with Roman. Yaā€™ll could have different ideas that I would be delighted to bat around with. Tell me if you were thinking of something else completely.

@Guns, I have a feeling my very adamantly stubborn Roman would dislike your almost too-friendly-for-what-he-does Griffin. She would do almost anything to get under his skin, but I feel like for she would do her best just to give him the cold shoulder. Straight ā€œYes,ā€ and ā€œNo,ā€ answers as she knows he hates the short replies. But I feel as the only reason she dislikes him is because she knows heā€™s smart. She knows heā€™s genuinely nice, but she thinks heā€™s just doing this horrible thing and she just simply doesnā€™t understand why. he is. She holds him responsible for the fact that she canā€™t escape, for the fat sheā€™s probably going to die there, for all the pain heā€™s cost her. She blames him most of all because He just canā€™t see it. I feel as if he were to ever confront her saying ā€œOkay whatā€™s your deal.ā€ All the pent up rage and words she would have loved to spew at him would come tumbling out in this probably 3- paragraph monologue that she had been holding in ever since she met him. (This would actually be a pretty fun thing to role play between us I think.) She wouldnā€™t read his mind however, as she feels that that would make her as bad as he is. She wouldnā€™t know his secrets, but I do feel as if she would have a slight idea of his drinking problem as sheā€™s pretty smart; she knows the signs of alcoholism because her dad was one. This also could make Roman pretty uncomfortable around him considering the abuse with her dad due to alcohol. I think just the interactions between Roman and Griffin just could be fun to role play and I'm really excited.

@Pieluver I think this could be a fun relationship between Roman and J, from what I can tell of his character right now. Heā€™s almost an opposite of her, Roman will do anything to run into bad situations to protect others, and he will do almost anything to flee bad situation. I can just see Roman, despite them being the same age, being very protective of him and yelling at anyone who screws with him as she knows that heā€™s just this guy who really just doesnā€™t deserve to be in this overall shit situation. At the same time however, she would probably always be trying to push him to be braver, because she also knows that if he doesnā€™t toughen up, everythingā€™s just going to get worse for him.

@Grim Iā€™m still very happy that your FC is Ramona Flowers, you have no idea. That movie just makes me feel happy Iā€™m Canadian. ANYWAYS, you donā€™t really have a personality up for your character right now, but through quotes and etc, I think I know what you kinda want to do with her. But anyways. I think it would be cool is Roman and her were just like ā€œHell yeah.,ā€ together if you know what I mean,like they are just in the battle together, backing each other up. Roman is very just this silent bad ass chick who can give someone a dirty look at it scares them if she wants. From what I see now, Veronica is that one girl you just do not screw with because she will just laugh in your face. I feel like Roman would just Love that. Roman really just doesnā€™t get along with people in general usually, before or in RIST, but she would just really like her attitude. (If I have this all wrong for what youā€™re thinking of her, please inform me and Iā€™ll change this up of course, because yeah I actually donā€™t know much about your character~)

@SHI BANG Alright we kind of had this all figured out in the last go, correct? Iā€™ll just place these long dialogues down here to reminds us bothā€

@Amy, I think Kayden and Roman would have a sort of unspoken agreement to be pleasant around each other. Kayden would definitely respect her fiery personality and her willingness to put up with the harsher tests in order to save the others from them. Kayden's not that noble, and he would really respect that about her. There's a strong possibility for romantic love here, but it would take a good bit of time and effort on Roman's part, if she even wanted to. Obviously, Kayden's open to love from anyone, but I really see him truly loving and admiring Roman as a person.

So yeah, I was thinking the same thing @Shi. But I also thought of a cool little plot thing? So I decided that Roman came to RIST on March Seventh, so a month ago, and this was on her birthday. She probably heard about Kayden, but never met him as he had all the stuff going down. Roman is very interested and is always one to want to help others and despite probably hearing all the bad stuff about him shes interested and ultimately wants him to ā€œlet her inā€ so to speak even though they havenā€™t been able to meet. So this is where her power comes in, I thought it would be cool that once and awhile (probably accidentally) they had dream interactions, and she might even just talk to him through the link once in awhile, maybe read books, but I donā€™t know. This would be cool because when he finally gets all the stuff off of him and heā€™s allowed interactions they would already have known each other but never really ā€œmetā€ until that point. This is just an idea though so tell me what you think. ^^ But otherwise yeah I totally see her just respecting him and despite her always helping people, I feel like she wouldnā€™t care about all the stuff heā€™s done to the officials, as she doesnā€™t blame him at all. I could also see the romantic interest spark up, but like you said it would take awhile for that whole relationship to get to the point, not only because Roman probably wouldnā€™t be expecting to get a love interest in RIST and would be oblivious to such situations unless spelled out to her, but I am open to having the love interest there. Roman also has trust issues despite that fact she always wants to gain other people trust, but that being said Roman would most likely trust Kayden better than anyone else so that point doesnā€™t really matter.

Are we going to continue to stick with this? My mind hasnā€™t changed on the opinion and Iā€™m still fine with it unless you want to do something different. We also had that whole ā€œMet him in dreams and reads him books while in solitary thingā€ If you still want to do that plot~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmeliaIsGhostly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:12 pm

@Amy, yup. That all sounds pretty excellent to me. I know we had planned that all out last time, and you just wanted to check on it with me, but I would agree that it's still good this time around as well.

@GunsinPockets, I have an idea for you! I had the idea last time that the RP begins with a meeting between the Parapsychologist and Kayden, in which a deal is struck. Kayden will be allowed to have free run of the RIST. He can go anywhere else the other kids can go, and do whatever he likes as long as he isn't hurting anyone. He even gets to take off his muzzle! (Whoa... let's all just calm down here...) However, in order to gain this freedom, Kayden has to giving willing and meaningful efforts in all of the testing that the Doctor wants done WITHOUT killing the attendants who are trying to monitor him. In this way, Kayden can escape the Deep-Cold Solitary Confinement Cell (freezer turned Jail XP) and participate in the game with the rest of the kiddos. As far as their existing relationship goes, however, and rather unfortunately, I would have to agree with @Amy on this one. As much as Griffin is a super nice dude, and is perfectly respectable, Kayden is prone to dislike him, though he does respect him. If you've read my CS, then you will see that I have a more in depth explanation posted there, but for decorum and simplicity's sakes, I'll post a shorter version of it here as well. Long story short, Kayden has been living in the RIST for his entire life, from the age of 3 to his current age of 18. That's 15 years of being imprisoned and tested by the Good Doctor. While Griffin might be more kindhearted than his colleagues, the fact remains that he is one of them. Kayden will hate him for keeping him and the other kiddos all locked up in the RIST. On the other hand, Kayden knows that Griffin's only human, and respects the fact that he's trying his best, even if that doesn't necessarily mean that Kayden can just walk out of the RIST whenever he wants to. I have a feeling Kayden respects the Doc in a way that you might respect a skilled opponent. After all, as Kayden has grown more and more powerful, the Doc has become more and more adept at keeping Kayden under control and imprisoned. There's some serious cahones and skill there, and Kayden does respect power if nothing else.

@Pieluver, I'm not quite sure of how our characters would interact, at present anyway. Not only is your character a coward, but I don't think that Kayden's ever actually met him. As Kayden grew older within the RIST, he would spend increasingly longer bouts of time in the Deep Cold-Solitary Confinement Cell, barely ever coming out. Whenever he did leave his cell, he'd be strapped to a bed and sedated, so I don't think that Kayden would have had much interaction with Jae, especially given how new he is to the RIST. This is a good thing, in some ways, however, as it means that we can basically start from scratch, and determine their relationship as they go along. On the other hand, without any common history, and with Kayden's detached, even irritable personality, befriending Jae will take some time. I mentioned before that Jae is a coward, and that's not a bad thing. Fear is essential to living, after all. It's what keeps you alive. That being said, Kayden's not afraid of anything, and he wouldn't be as inclined to protect Jae as Roman, @Amy's character, is. That being said, if/when Kayden ever takes the time to get to know Jae, I can see him taking on that protector type role as well. Being weak isn't something you can control. In Kayden's eyes, the strength to fight is something you're born with, and you either have it or you don't. Not everyone is a predator, and there's nothing wrong with being prey. Therefore, I can see Kayden initially thinking of Jae as nothing but a weakling, but he could be easily encouraged to warm up to Jae, if given a little time and background information about Jae. It would take some time and some learning for Kayden to realize that Jae's got some baggage, and he's the way he is for a reason. In short, while I believe the two could eventually become very close friends, it will take some time for Kayden to work up the same sort of protector's instinct that Roman already has.

@Grim, from what I've seen of Veronica, she appears, as @Amy so aptly put it, the bad-ass type. This does get her started on a good foot with Kayden, who appreciates fieriness and passion. Although you're still not quite finished with your CS, I get the general feeling that actions speak louder than words with Veronica, and Kayden is the exact same way. Obviously Kayden will be attracted to her, and to Roman as well on that note, simply because they're women and he's been locked up for a long time. After the biology/hormones settle down, I do have a notion that Kayden and Veronica can become friends, and good ones at that. Their similar ways of thinking will be very appreciated by Kayden who will tend to argue that people over-think stuff too much, and that punching something will always be a better answer than trying to reason something out. That all being said, you've yet to finish your character, and I won't be able to get a better gauge on who Veronica is as a person until you've finished her history and personality sections.

Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:49 am

@Amy & @Shi
Yup her personality will be exact as you say and as Shi said too. Her actions will definitely speak louder than words and she is rather a hot head and usually act on impulse but she isn't the type that is always rushing through things. She will be smart enough to plan things through and all! I'll Edit this later given that I'm in school and all, so when I'm out I'll finish her Personality and everything else then i'll edit this and put her relationship with others or how I think they would be with each other ^0^

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:17 pm

So, I'm too lazy to go find gifs, so I'll make this short.

@ Amy + Shi
That sounds pretty good to me.

@all
Honestly, thanks to his anxiety and trust issues, J will probably still be wary of the others at this point, more likely to spend time on his own. He'll be plenty nice to them, but always looking for a break to escape the conversation. He'll probably like Roman the best, especially if he sees her as someone safe, and will be decently comfortable with (or at least tolerant of) Veronica, but he'll definitely be absolutely terrified of Kayden for a while. It'll take a while for J to warm up to him, though he will try to hide his fright as best he can. Towards Griffin he'll probably be noncommittal and quiet, in a sort of submissive-downcast-gaze sort of way. He's very much like a half-feral animal, but without the teeth.
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:40 pm

This falls more under the, "PLOT IDEAS," heading of this OOC post.

For starters, *ahem*...

I've posted too! This is super exciting! *Yaata!*

Anyhow, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I realize that @Amy's post, as well as my own, might be a bit hard to follow. Especially for any of y'all who're like, "TL;DR, ain't nobody got time fo' 'dat."

Therefore, allow me to explain the dreaming sequences:

1) The, "real Kayden" is getting ready for bed, and then falls asleep. He begins dreaming. The RP has begun. The dream that Kayden is now having is mostly composed of memories, however, it does contain memories of other dreams.

2) In the real Kayden's dream, he is lying on his bed and getting ready to fall asleep. By this time within the RP's history, Roman and the other Subjects are also imprisoned within the RIST as well. Finally too tired to stay awake any longer, Kayden falls asleep and begins dreaming. This, "second," dream also begins in his memories. It's a memory of the day when Kayden was first imprisoned within the RIST. In his dream within a dream, Kayden is a young boy once again. He has just been told that he will need to stay in the RIST for much longer than he was originally told. This is why Kayden appears much less brutal and stoic and much more easily emotive. When he was a child, Kayden didn't possess such brutal, stoic, aggressive, and frank characteristics. Those were cultivated within him as he grew older at the RIST.

3) Within the, "first," dream, Roman has fallen asleep, which occurs simultaneously with Kayden. Her powers have picked up that Kayden is dreaming in his cell, deep within the confines of the RIST. The two of them meet for the first time within Kayden's dream within a dream.

4) After Roman visits Kayden, she wakes up and discovers, albeit somewhat... underhandedly... that Kayden is, in fact, a real resident of the RIST, and that he's been there for years. Further his existence has been covered up, and is not supposed to be known by the other Subjects. When Kayden wakes up from his dream within a dream, he thought that Roman was just a figment of his imagination. He doesn't know that Roman is real yet. This still takes place within the overarching, "first," dream. The, "real," Kayden is still asleep.

5) Immediately after waking up from hisdream within a dream, Kayden meets with the Parapsychologist and his guards. Kayden then gets anesthetized for a testing procedure that will occur later during the evening and he ends up sleeping for almost a whole day. When Roman falls asleep that night, she picks up Kayden's dreams again and the two meet once more. This too takes place in a dream within a dream, albeit after the first dream within a dream takes place. During this dream, Kayden and Roman discuss that Kayden's existence is hidden within the RIST. This secret has been covered up by RIST Officials due to the fact that Kayden has been declared as too dangerous to be given free run of the RIST. As this second dream within a dream ends, Roman and Kayden promise to meet up again within Kayden's dreams.

6) Kayden wakes up from the original dream and meets the Parapsychologist. We are now back within the real world. Kayden explains, mostly to himself, that it was due to those two specific interactions that Roman and Kayden have developed a schedule for meeting up in the latter's dreams. Their interactions could have taken place any number of times during the weeks leading up to the beginning of the RP. For simplicity's sake, let's assume they've been meeting up every night. During these interactions, Roman reads books for Kayden, talks with him, and just hangs out with him like teenagers do. It is in this way that Kayden learns that Roman is a real person as, and that there are other Subjects within the RIST.

If you're still TL;DR, you can go home.

Anyhow, this contact with Roman is super good for Kayden, and serves to dull out his hatred for people. Although this anger isn't entirely gone either, as expressed by his hatred for the Parapsychologist, who is really a super nice guy.

Seriously, @GunsInPockets, I'm starting to feel bad for having Kayden hate Griffin. There's no way around it, because it's the correct response for Kayden to have in that situation, but Griffin is so nice... I feel so bad, but it's not incorrect!

Anyhow, I've begun hinting that Kayden sees Griffin as smug and self-righteous instead of compassionate and caring. I think some part of Kayden knows that Griffin's not a bad person, but he simply prefers to demonize him, as it gives him someone, other than his parents, to blame for his imprisonment and general quality of life. By doing so, he can cope with the fact that he's been a prisoner all his life.

It's Griffin's fault Kayden's life is like this. It's not Kayden's fault, nor the fault of his parents (who are actually to blame here).

My guess is that Griffin's actually been working super hard, behind the scenes, to make sure that Kayden is treated humanely. 'Cause that's just how he is. However, since Kayden probably never sees it, and the other employees are always super cruel to him, Kayden just instinctively expects that Griffin is just like the rest of them.

Sometime before the RP, "started," Kayden made sure to ask the Parapsychologist about the other Subjects before simply informing him that he knew about them. It'd be awfully suspicious if Kayden knew about the others without any prior instance of being introduced to them or being informed of their existence. You'll notice, in my post Kayden simply calls them the other kids. He never mentions names. Kayden's not the smartest, but he's wise enough to know that his meetings with Roman should be kept secret.

However, to a smart man like Griffin, this should seem a bit odd. Maybe not right away, because he's currently being threatened with death by the most physically powerful Subject in the RIST, but somewhere down the line, Griffin could realize that he only ever informed Kayden that there were other Subjects within the RIST. He might not have informed Kayden of their ages. Or that Kayden asked him about the others completely out of the blue. Sneaky, eh? We can use that later if we run out of plot stuff, and could use it to reveal that Kayden and Roman have been having a trist.

Seriously. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the two of them were in love.
She's literally the girl OF HIS DREAMS and he meets up with her EVERY NIGHT.

Regardless...

ALL OF THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE!

Firstly, I would like to apologize to you, @GunsInPockets. I controlled quite a few of Griffin's actions during my post, even a few things he did in the past, without your permission. I should have asked first, but I wanted to post real bad and couldn't be patient. XP

Please forgive me, I am not worthy! *bowing furiously*

Anyhow, on to why everything's being turned on it's head! Today, the Parapsychologist is going to offer Kayden a deal, which is why he can safely come into Kayden's cell without guards. This is the answer to the question I'm asking, btw, @GunsInPockets. Griffin is going to give Kayden a choice in response to Kayden's threat.

Kayden can either:

A) Remain imprisoned until he dies of natural causes.

B) Receive humane euthanasia.

C) Sign a contract that states the following: He will submit willingly to the testing and give real effort during the tests that require his participation. He will promise not to harm any more employees, staff, or residents of the RIST. Should any danger come to these individuals, Kayden will even be held to the standard of protecting them from harm and to the best of his abilities. He is to remain on the grounds of the RIST. Any breaking of the stipulations of his contract will result in him being captured, detained, and imprisoned for life, if not outright put to death. If Kayden agrees to the deal, and keeps his promises, he will be allowed to have free run of the RIST and will no longer need to stay in his freezer in the basement. He will even be provided with anything he could ask for, such as food, clothes, or sources of entertainment, to a reasonable extent, of course.

That being said, obviously, this is a super good deal for everybody.

Kayden WILL take the deal. He WANTS to meet Roman and the others.

In short, Griffin is perfectly safe, Roman and Kayden sort of know each other already, Kayden gets to interact with the others, and we can all interact with each other together!

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!