Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mass Effect: Independence

a part of “Mass Effect: Independence”, a fictional universe by Screwface Romeo.

150 years after the Reaper War, the Galaxy is in chaos. Crime, disease and poverty are everywhere. The Council, corrupted by their own greed and elitism, rule with an iron fist. The Galaxy is a powderkeg, awaiting a single spark to burst into flames.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mass Effect: Independence”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Mass Effect: Independence"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything! | Gun-Toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes | NationStates's resident AR-18 fanatic and bayonet-hater | STOP! Before you call a magazine a clip, think of the children!

I probably like Quarians a bit more than I should. ShepxTali 4lyf3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Mass Effect: Independence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:15 am

MASS EFFECT! Romeo, I'll definitely be looking forward to this RP. I even know what race I'll be making.
Does Quarian sound okay? Also, would Quarians still retain their weak immune system? Or would this RP be going with the Geth/Quarian alliance, in which the Quarians are presumed to have better immune systems thanks to the Geth?
"Terribly sorry for not being on for quite some time. I know some people might be a little mad at me for not being there but..."

*adjust brand new spectacles* x_x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TnevdaNai
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AeJylhis on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:17 am

KROOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!! >8D
Can I?

AeJylhis
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Quarians and Krogan are the majority of the Union's Population, so I would be disappointed if we didn't have them!

This RP does retain the good end to the Rannoch situation as canon. Quarians still wear garments based on the suits, and may actually wear them on particularly dirty worlds. The Quarian pattern of Paladin Power Armor also draws from the suit's design, and may be customized. In fact, the Union encourages personalization to a degree, and units often have unique styles. The 323rd Spaceborne Infantry "Rannoch's Raiders", for example, integrate traditional Quarian scarves into their armor

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Yes~ xD
I love how suit customization is allowed in the Union. I'd definitely be living there. The amount of personalization and that free feeling of being able to do whatever you want to your suit. 8D
I hope more people join the RP!

Romeo, if you want to find more RP-ers, there's always the chat. I'm sure you'll find several ME players who would love to join in!

TnevdaNai
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SirLancelot on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:31 am

You know what this Union needs? Some Batarian muscle. No-one loves those four-eyed badasses. Time for them to take back their rightful place in Citadel Space!!!!

SirLancelot
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:34 pm

TnevdaNai wrote:Yes~ xD
I love how suit customization is allowed in the Union. I'd definitely be living there. The amount of personalization and that free feeling of being able to do whatever you want to your suit. 8D
I hope more people join the RP!

Romeo, if you want to find more RP-ers, there's always the chat. I'm sure you'll find several ME players who would love to join in!

The Union tends to encourage behaviors which run contrary to Council norm. The personalized, flavorful appearance of Union soldiers, and the colorful traditions and mannerisms of the Spaceborne Infantry Corps' Regiments are a stark contrast to the Turian Hierarchy's legions. Plus, the fact that most Union technology is developed on Rannoch doesn't hurt.

As do I.

Are we technically supposed to use the chat for recruitment?

SirLancelot wrote:You know what this Union needs? Some Batarian muscle. No-one loves those four-eyed badasses. Time for them to take back their rightful place in Citadel Space!!!!

Batarians tend to see the Union as a mixed bag; it deals with the perceived problem of the Council taking away Batarian space, but at the same time, under the Union, there is no "Batarian space" or "Human space", just Union Space. And the Union as a whole does not take kindly to some of their more... oppressive social practices. That said, some of them hate the Council enough to abandon tradition. And some of them never liked the tradition in the first place.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SirLancelot on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:58 am

Screwface Romeo wrote:
SirLancelot wrote:You know what this Union needs? Some Batarian muscle. No-one loves those four-eyed badasses. Time for them to take back their rightful place in Citadel Space!!!!

Batarians tend to see the Union as a mixed bag; it deals with the perceived problem of the Council taking away Batarian space, but at the same time, under the Union, there is no "Batarian space" or "Human space", just Union Space. And the Union as a whole does not take kindly to some of their more... oppressive social practices. That said, some of them hate the Council enough to abandon tradition. And some of them never liked the tradition in the first place.

Would it also be acceptable that a Batarian has no strong feeling either way towards the tradition or that perhaps they know either Council or Union, that particular tradition wont be accepted and as such they're taking the 'lesser of two evils' approach?

SirLancelot
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sentry Jockey on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Yo, I might be joining this as a battle-scarred Human Engineer that has an unhealthy fascination with Quarians... Or a Quarian Info-Broker that has a tendency to duck-for-cover first and hack everything second.

Sentry Jockey
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:13 pm

SirLancelot wrote:
Screwface Romeo wrote:

Would it also be acceptable that a Batarian has no strong feeling either way towards the tradition or that perhaps they know either Council or Union, that particular tradition wont be accepted and as such they're taking the 'lesser of two evils' approach?

A pragmatic Batarian? Sounds acceptable to me :P

Sentry Jockey wrote:Yo, I might be joining this as a battle-scarred Human Engineer that has an unhealthy fascination with Quarians... Or a Quarian Info-Broker that has a tendency to duck-for-cover first and hack everything second.

We're well on our way to a full cast here. I should really get that template up...

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sentry Jockey on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Oi, question: Is there some sort of limitation on our "Starting gear" our characters own? Such as a small ship, maybe a large number of contacts our character knows? One of my characters is an Ilium Info-broker, so will I be allowed to reference a contact or something of the sort?

Sentry Jockey
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 am

Sentry Jockey wrote:Oi, question: Is there some sort of limitation on our "Starting gear" our characters own? Such as a small ship, maybe a large number of contacts our character knows? One of my characters is an Ilium Info-broker, so will I be allowed to reference a contact or something of the sort?

There is only one ship, the USV Freedom's Blade. Well, and other Union vessels such as the Skyllian Queen, but the point is that all our characters are concentrated on one ship. Contacts, gear, weapons, etc have no limit, other than keep it reasonable. A personal fleet of Atlas mechs and two Councilors who owe you favors is obviously not going to fly. But a contact network sizable enough to attract the interests of the Union's Special Operations Directorate, and secure you an invitation onto Cmndr Marshall's team, is perfectly fine.

That said, Ilium is a bit fucked at the moment. Following the Reaper War, it fell to the Terminus mercenaries, and came under the aegis of the Eclipse. The Eclipse, needless to say, are hardly benevolent masters, and the already war-ravaged world has only been subject to further decay. In addition, when Black Star Trans-Galactic spearheaded the crackdown on the mercs and pirates following the repair of the relay network 30 years ago, Taskforce Zorah gave it a pretty good bombing, and Taskforce Vakarian didn't pull any punches in driving the Eclipse out on the ground, either. While it has had thirty years to recover, the world is a shadow of it's former glory.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:39 am

The Character template is now up, and located within the rules, so you can create characters. However, I would suggest either waiting for me to finish the historical section of the introduction, or running your idea by me first.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:16 pm

The history section of the OP has been completed.

Once I've finished the final section, dealing with how the Union works, I'll begin recruiting for this thing in earnest.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sentry Jockey on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:20 am

Speaking of which, do we get to chose how our characters were recruited? Or is that gonna be rped out somewhere?

Sentry Jockey
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:13 am

Sentry Jockey wrote:Speaking of which, do we get to chose how our characters were recruited? Or is that gonna be rped out somewhere?

That's up to you. The RP is going to open up with everyone boarding the ship for the first time, to provide time to get to know eachother before setting off on the first mission.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby conor on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:02 am

I'll volunteer for Helmsman :)
Never before have so many come together from all quarters of the galaxy. But never before have we faced an enemy such as this. The Reapers will show us no mercy. We must give them no quarter. They will terrorize our populations. We must stand fast in the face of that terror. They will advance until our last city falls, but we will not fall. We will prevail. Each of us will be defined by our actions in the coming battle. Stand fast. Stand strong. Stand together. Hackett out.

conor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:09 pm

conor wrote:I'll volunteer for Helmsman :)

Sounds fine by me.

Keep in mind, someone who is going to be trusted with something as expensive and classified as a Blade-class starship is probably going to have been with the Union Underground or Black Star for some time.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulfrsson on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:48 am

Hello there, I'm going to be playing a murderously insane Quarian Berserkerganger, it's nice to meet you all.

Consequently, on this waltz into the depths of hell and back, I'll be your acting point-man; this may involve copious amounts of trophy taking, turian jerky and/or scalping. Said fellow can be likened to an apache with a couple screws loose. Pay it no heed though, it's not every day you get to meet a Quarian named after a gothic word for hate and carries a omni boarding axe that wouldn't be out of place in the french-indian war.

P.S. Don't mind the murderboner for asari, it's a personal thing; for all the blue booty couldn't save them for their crimes against the sentient peoples of the galaxy. Union Stronk, they are the worst turian, they are the turian smell (I was recruited for this on another website by Screwfaceromeo here, he's an old chum ye'see).

Ulfrsson
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sentry Jockey on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Hey! Is this rp still active? I have been waiting for a while for Screwface to finish the lore, is there something up right now or something?

Sentry Jockey
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!