Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Gift or a Curse?

Character Interaction History Thread

a part of “A Gift or a Curse?”, a fictional universe by Mr. Baneling Squishy.

After their parents are killed by Witch Hunters, can a bunch of magically gifted siblings survive on their own? And can they keep their secret from getting out?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Gift or a Curse?”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Interaction History Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 pm

This is so people can organize things that happened in multiple character's pasts. You know, past birthdays, working on pranks together, embarrassing one another, stealing a person's swimsuit while at the beach, and so on.

Just thought I would make this for anyone who wants to do this.
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Character Interaction History Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAccelerator on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Just out of curiosity when is this roleplay going to start? If we need more characters I can be sure to find a few friends who might want to join in.
"The worst part of being the strongest, is that no one ever asks if you're ok"-Accelerator

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheAccelerator
Member for 10 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm

(See Igari's post on the other thread for context).

One thing: Max takes pictures of scenery too. But I would categorize him more as a Spy. He learns things, takes photos for evidence, and then saves it to use or sells it to interested parties. Notably, Max always seems to have good grades.

He also is the School photographer.

Second Thing: Yes they know about Witch hunters.

Max is a bit of a free spirit. He is as good as getting into trouble as he is of getting out of it. He was a free spirit before their parents died. After they died, he sneaks out more often then ever before, and is a bit more secretive as well. His willpower and stubbornness alone makes it difficult to get him to do something he doesn't want to, magic included.

Therefore, on best guess, this is what I figure. Ara will attempt to try and keep Max under control, or recognize that is a futile effort and instead just try to guide him in the general direction of what is a good idea. Jordan (occasionally known as Partner in Crime) he gets along great with, especially when they made it so that a boy that was bullying Jordan found himself handcuffed naked to the flagpole after he tore her favorite dress (which was never proven to be his doing).

I think he and Carrie would get along find, though annoyed sometimes at his fun loving humor. He is therefore very concerned about Lily who has stopped speaking entirely. Additionally, whenever he has a complicated issue he needs to vent, he goes to Juni because she can be very understanding or Ara because he is his only known living male relative.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Here is my take on how things will be from Lillya's mind at least. I can only imagine what the others see her as (two so far), so this might help out at least a little.

She fears Ara, but also leans towards him the most. He is her idol in a sense. When she needs comforted even though she never says what's bothering her, he is the one she wants to hold onto. She knows just how hard he has it and does everything she can not to add to the overflowing plate to the point of avoiding anything that might give him a headache. Losing her rock would destroy her a lot more than losing her parents.

Juniper is one she tries to avoid simply because of ‘Are you alright, everything okay, talk to me,’ just gets to her. She loves her sister, but she just can't handle it. She thinks her sister is stupid and crazy for seeing the world as she does because its not a fairytale and things aren't going to turn out alright. However, she knows when she gets in trouble with Ara to run to her older sister so she won't get in as much trouble.

Cariad is like a saving grace. She can be in the same room for hours on end not saying a word and not feel pressured to do so or feel bad because she doesn't. She brings her, her stories to find out if they are any good. Never did like it that she went into a more girly person and wants to older, tomboyish sister back, just keeping the curls.

There isn't much about Max she doesn't know since they share a room. She covers for him almost all of the time because she expects him to do the same for her since she sneaks out a lot too. Can't stand his pranks or being tag teamed by him and Jordan.

Jordan is the only sibling she really doesn't like or get along with simply because she can't and won't give the girl the attention she wants. It was what caused Lillya to be moved into Max's room. She's jealous that Jordan is babied and protected more just because of her age. But she still loves her sister and would do anything she could to protect her.
May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
-Irish blessing

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Comments on Max: See, that is definitely the sort of thing that would go under her nose. Not that Juniper isn't intelligent, but she has that sort of easy-going attitude that sort of says, "Well, he couldn't do anything THAT terrible." In fact, I'll group both him and Lillya together when I say--she'd never believe it if someone told her that they were sneaking off. But probably because of her working most of the time, she could be completely unaware and if they're angels when she's around, she has no reason to suspect anything at all. (I can tell you that the discovery of this habit would frustrate her and worry her to no end) In a lot of ways, Max reminds her of a very rambunctious version of Ara, and odds are if she's ascertained he's safe, she might just throw in her support of "bringing down the evil-doers".

Comments on Lillya: That is great to read! I love finding out that there is friction between characters and this is definitely something that would spice things up. You are right about that line of questioning--though that questioning would not occur ever day. Juniper can be a shy girl--calm, but if someone doesn't like her or doesn't seem to respond positively to her, she can get insecure and avoid them for a bit. Then she tries to leave behind tokens of good faith, i.e. the plants or maybe an early present or something. She feels the most pity for Lillya, because she doesn't think that her younger sibling ever got a full-on mother love thing when their parents were alive and wants to fill that role... but genuinely doesn't know how to. In the end, she ends up fussing over her a lot. And probably causing more problems than she means to XD But also bear in mind, Lillya gives Juniper the most insecurity, because she never knows how the girl actually feels about her and gets nervous with the silence. Teeeeension :3

All I can say is: I am waiting for the moment when Juniper snaps :D Because that will happen if any of her family members are attacked. She tends to be really... extreme. //huehue and is excited to post
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychedOut on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Sorry it's taking me so long. Busy day.
Ara is mostly just really frustrated, frazzled, and kind of burnt out. He doesn't like that Max feels like he has to get a job because, as their legal guardian, he believes he should be able to take care of his siblings, especially the youngest ones.

He really worries about his siblings not getting along because one of his biggest fears is that the family will fall apart. Ara is especially concerned about Lillya's and Carrie's antisocial tendencies, though he doesn't push it because he knows that would only make it worse, especially in Lily's case. Juniper scares him because he sees her as a space case.

Ara recognizes that none of them have truly dealt with their parent's death, including him, so he's almost waiting for the other shoe to drop. All in all, he's just a big ball of worries right now, what with having the responsibilities of a parent thrust on him so unexpectedly and trying to become a doctor. Lillya is secretly his favorite sibling because she doesn't ask too many questions and can spend time just being close without speaking or touching.

He fears he is one straw away from breaking the camel's back and slipping into a nervous breakdown. Max and Jordan's pranks, while before their parent's deaths would most likely have been encouraged by him if they were safe, cost him a great deal of sleep at night worrying about being found out by hunters. If he knew about the kids sneaking out, he would probably put a magical alarm system on the windows and doors.

Overall, he loves all his siblings and just wants the best for the whole family. He can be pushy, and sometimes he hovers. But he means well, and he protects them with everything he's got. He has a hard time balancing being the one responsible for the kids and being a young twenty-something, and he really doesn't have a social life outside of work.
Psych
you
out
in
the
end

PsychedOut
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IEatChildren on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:52 am

Hey, all. I guess I shall list out Carrie's view on her siblings. Starting with the oldest and going down.

With Ara, she completely understands that he is overwhelmed with everything that's happening. Not that she tries to help lighten his load, or anything. When she was younger, she absolutely looked up at him, and claimed he was one of those perfect older brothers only seen in movies. Lately she hasn't spent much time with her Ary, but hey, she hasn't spent time with anyone really. Whenever Carrie does see him it's just light conversation, maybe a lame joke or two thrown in and then a goodbye.

Carrie always feels like she's in this battle with Juniper. She easily gets annoyed at how soft her older sister can be and feels like they are on completely different pages when it comes to...everything. She does however, leave the most trust in her older sister. If Carrie were ever to actually express her true feelings, she would most definitely go to June. And with that whole meditating thing, Carrie thinks its all bullshit. She swears on her cello that girl does drugs to get on that level of calm.

Even at a young age, Carrie was suspicious of Maxwell. His pranks just drove that suspicion, making her careful to keep an eye on him at all times. It's probably why she's quite aware of his sneaking out, and slightly aware of what he does when he does sneak out(No details about it though). She has yet to tell anyone, even him, that she knows this. Not as a favor for him, but a favor for herself. Carrie is just waiting for the right time to drop the bomb on everyone. Putting aside all that and her annoyance for him, the two stand on good terms.

Like Max, Lillya's sneaking out is no secret to Carrie. What she does when she's out, Carrie has no clue and has no intention of finding out. Because Lilly is quiet, Carrie will occasionally let her come into her room to hangout. When Lilly gives Carrie her writing, Carrie never holds back even if she thinks it might hurt her younger sister's feelings. With the whole quiet thing, Carrie doesn't seem to mind. Sure, she'd rather hear her sister talking again, but she knows Lilly will talk when she's ready to.

Carrie's never been one for children, even if they are of the same blood as her. Jordan is cute, she must admit, but too young for Carrie to really connect with. She does wish she wouldn't partake in Max's "games" though, worrying Jo will follow in their brother's footsteps. She barely has the patience for one troublemaker let alone two.

IEatChildren
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Awesome, my turn! I'll go down the "sibling list" as well.

Jordan Daniels

Ara-
Jordan is constantly trying to cheer him up, or at least lighten his mood. She thinks he's way too serious, and though their parent's death was hard on all of them, Jordan knows he was hit the hardest. However, she often doesn't know when to stop and annoys her eldest brother. Ara is usually the one she goes to with anything, though, and trusts him wholeheartedly.

Juniper-
Juniper is Jordan's role-model, of sorts. She looks up to her sister's empathy with plant life, and her meditation. On many occasions, Jordan has tried to meditate, but just doesn't have the patience. She loves Juniper like family, but thinks of her sister as more of a mom than a friend. Juniper is also a counselor, and takes all of her advice from her older sister.

Cariad-
Carrie is mostly invisible to Jordan, as she is usually in her room. She admires her sister's tomboyish spirit, and respects the older girl. She tries to avoid Carrie, however, in hopes to preserve the fragile relationship they do have. Jordan wishes that they were closer, but doesn't dare. Cariad is the least understood of all of her siblings in Jordan's eyes.

Maxwell-
Her "favorite" sibling, Maxwell is her best friend as well as her partner in crime. She loves to hang out with him and knows he has her back like she has his. They actively pranked the whole family when their parents were alive, but now Jordan hangs back from Maxwell's mischief. She loves her brother, but he seems more distant now and is usually out "working", and by that Jordan expects trouble. Max is one of the few people she trusts.

Lillya-
Her sister is one of the only few people Jordan dislikes. Lilly seems to dislike Jordan, and the feeling is mutual with Jordan. After a few fights with Lilly and her sister was moved in with Max, Jordan gave up on trying to patch their relationship. She avoids her sister more than she avoids Carrie, and though she's family, Jordan feels like they have nothing more than blood connecting them.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Mitch Russo

(No current connections with anyone in the Daniels family, but I'm wondering if anyone wants to RP with him...? I'm thinking either Lillya or Cariad, but anyone's welcome!)

BurningDark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!