Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Lost & Found

The Lost & Found

a part of “The Lost & Found”, a fictional universe by Collapse.

(Looking for someone to play "The Mother"!) A group of eight homeless youth band together to form a makeshift family on the chaotic streets of NY.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Lost & Found”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Lost & Found

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:03 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Lost & Found"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: The Lost & Found

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cure on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Can I reserve The Intellect?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cure
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:27 pm

May I reserve The Mother? Please, and thank you!

SaxyLady15
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXBloodyRoseXx on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:34 pm

May I please reserve the peace keeper?

xXBloodyRoseXx
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Thanks for the interest, guys :)! I'm going to refrain from doing reserves only because on the website that I usually RP on, there always ends up being people who request a reserve and then never follow through, and it just ends up wasting time. Since I haven't worked with any of you before, if you could at least post your history or personality, I would definitely feel more comfortable doing reserves!
Last edited by Collapse on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cure on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:43 pm

The Intellect

I was born under the name of: Roman Eugene William Killens
Call me: Roman or Killens. Whichever really
I was born on: December 22, 1993
I was born in: England
I make a living by: Fighting, sometimes stealing
People would describe me as being: Out there. That goes for people who do and don't know me. I guess I just seem to look like I'm somewhere else. I guess if they don't know me, they tend to not like me because I don't kiss people's ass. Those closest to me know I'm relaxed, but a little bit hardened and dominant; protective. I suppose I can sometimes be a bit of an "aloof ass" as I've been called before, kind of dry and blunt, especially to strangers, but to each his own. I enjoy my own company more than the company others, but that's how it's always been.
I ended up here because: I got a scholarship to a prestigious American school when I was eight. I come from a family that's really big on education, so it was pretty much imperative that I leave. My dad put me on a plane the day after all the papers were finalized, signing me over to Gran and Gramp and everything. After a while all the talk shows about the child prodigy, the expectations, and always having to think about the future was too much for me. Of course no one at school really cared anymore; in fact, after a while it started to really piss them off. So much so that my parents pulled me out of school and I did private tutoring for about two years. That was when I finished school--I was twelve at the time--and my dad was already talking about college courses. That was the first time I ran away.

I had run off to a little camp I had out in the woods. It was beside this lake with an abandoned cabin by it. I used to go there when I was kid when I was sick of thinking about homework. I was gone for maybe twenty-four hours until a cop found me walking into an Arby's to use the bathroom. Gram convinced my dad to give me the year off. Sure as hell twelve was the best year of my life. I spent four months traveling with Gran and Gramps, having small lessons about history and art, philosophy. That year, though, with all the free time on my hands, and all the exploring I did, I managed to stumble across another group of kids who didn't go to school either. To me back then, it looked like they were living the dream. They didn't listen to their parents or go to school even though they were supposed to. They scared the shit out of me, but I wanted to be like them for whatever reason. Probably because I couldn't even hold up my own.

During New Years, right after I turned thirteen, my dad and mum surprise visited me. It seemed fine. We didn't talk about the future, or "my goals" or anything of that bull. Until I woke up one morning and overheard my Gram in the other room telling my Gramp that I "didn't even know yet." Turns out my parents were only here to bring me back to a boarding school in England. So I grabbed what I could, most of it useless, and hid until they left to look for me. The last thing I took was a late Christmas present sitting on the table from my grandparents. It was huge book, an atlas of the world fill with pictures they'd actually taken, historical facts about the places, and even pictures of us from the year before. I grabbed it and ran. Haven't seen them since.

I practically starved that first week. Then I started couch hopping until that didn't work anymore. The first six months I did whatever I had to to survive, so I got myself in a bit of trouble with the wrong people, which is how I learned to fight. I stumbled across my best friend by accident. He'd saved my ass a couple of times, being out there about a year longer than I had. And maybe that's where our little pact started. Now over the years, I suppose you could say I've mellowed out. If I have to, I'll have sex for money, but now it's just street fighting and the occasional theft; I still like having things of my own, y'know. This is the life that's accepted me. This is the life that I have.

Cure
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:45 pm

I love him, Cure! If you could add him to the official character section, that would be great so I can add him to the list. Thank you for finishing him so quickly!

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cure on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:52 pm

You're very much welcome. I like Ash Stymest and had an interesting idea for the character, so I'm glad you liked it :) He's been added to the character list.

Cure
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:48 pm

I'm going to make a character, just not sure which one yet!

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesouthernbelle on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:31 pm

I was going to put up a personality/history tidbit about The Mother, here, but I did have a question-

does she realize she is pregnant? Or is she in the dark about it, just like The Bad Boy?
That's Just Peachy

thesouthernbelle
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesouthernbelle on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:35 pm

Welp, here it is! I was going to wait until my question was answered to post, but, since I already have it typed up, I'll post now! :) I can change it, in the actual character sheet if you'd like me to create one :) (I'm sorry it's basically half the CS. I couldn't help myself. ;-;)

I Was Born Under The Name Of:
Hailey Josephine Bennett
Call Me:
I prefer to go by Hailey. But, my sister usually doesn't take that hint, and calls me Hailey Jo.
I Was Born In:
South Bronx, New York.
I Make A Living By:
When I first joined the group, I took on prostitution as well as drug runs with my sister.
Recently, however, I've pretty much given up on prostitution and stick to the drug runs.
It's easier, and, I'm less likely to get caught.

People Would Describe Me As Being:
Well, I think the others would say I'm definitely the most responsible in the group. I mean, even though I'm pretty new here I try to keep everyone as safe as possible, and I also try and make sure everyone has what they need to, well, stay alive. Most people would describe me as selfless, too. If anybody in the group needs anything that I have the ability to give them, I'll do it. No questions asked. I hate to see people suffering. However, that's just my exterior. If you get to know me past the surface, I'm not all straight-lined and serious. Besides being blunt and overbearing (at times), I have a fun side, too. People who know me extremely well- such as my sister, or even The Bad Boy, at this point- could tell you that I love to joke around, pick playful fights, and try to brighten the days of others without making everything seems like sunshine and rainbows all the time. I mean, you can't always stay serious, right? Sometimes you just have to learn to cherish what you've got.
I Ended Up Here Because:Image
Honestly, it's such a long story, I don't even know where to start.... So, let's just return to the basics, shall we? My sister and I were born to a fourteen year old mother and an absentee father on May 29. 1997. Now, as if being born to a single teen mother and deadbeat father weren't enough, we were born on the streets of the Bronx, one of the toughest boroughs in New York City. Anyway, our mother never wanted us, anyway. She always told my sister that the welfare checks were what kept us around... but, hey, we didn't need her, right? So, I've always taken care of my sister. And due to our "mommy dearest" being your typical druggie, she never got the medicine to keep her ADHD under control. Who dealt with the morning tantrums? Sleepless nights? Uncontrollable emotions? That's right, me. And, when our mother's "boyfriend" began sexually abusing my sister, I was her confidant. Of course, we never told anyone. No one, especially not our mother, would believe that the "World's Best Boyfriend" would abuse her little money sign. You can tell my bitterness is showing, right? I mean, I love my sister. And, it isn't her fault that our mother was awful. But, sometimes I wish our mother would've been decent enough to throw us into foster care. Maybe we would've had a chance. My sister could have got the life she deserved. She's so sweet, you know? Sometimes it hurts to see her struggle. Especially when we were in school, and I was already in 9th grade when she'd repeated four grades twice and was only at her 5th grade year. Anyway, my sister's abuser was killed after 3 years of abuse, and, like the whore she was, our mother found a new guy the next day. I'll have to give it to him, he wasn't half bad for a sideways drug addict, but, he was the one that got our sister into what I guess you could call, "The Family Business." When I was around 14, he began making us transport drugs to buyers on our way to school. It wasn't awful... it was actually really easy. We got candy in return, which didn't excite me at all, but, my sister got more than her fair share which was enough for me. But, it's kind of sad that the only halfway decent part of my life ended when my ignorant mother got herself caught, and she and her boyfriend both were sent off to Rikers in upstate New York. It seemed like a good thing, at first. My sister and I could enter foster care, get that missed opportunity... but, the day before they came to take us away from our living hell, I heard the social workers outside our building talking about how my sister and I would be separated, since there were two different families who wanted to take us in. I couldn't let them do that. My sister and I only had each other. That's how it'd always been. And I wasn't about to let a crooked legal system rip that apart. That night, I suggested to Holly that we could make it farther on our own. Just me and her. So... we left. Not like we had much, except our backpacks and clothes, but, we packed it all up and got the hell away from that apartment building. It wasn't too long after that, that we met the others. They were gracious enough to take us in, provided that we do our part in the group, and well, the rest, the rest is history. Except for The Bad Boy and I... to be honest, I don't even know where we stand. He's not willing to abandoned his ways for me, and I'm not willing to put up with it... but, the sex is pretty fantastic... even though I can't really tell anyone about it. Oops! Well, you can keep a secret, right? Yeah, I'm sure you can.

thesouthernbelle
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:01 pm

I posted a character sheet for "The Bitch". Hope it's okay!

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:15 pm

As of now the roles of The Leader, The Addict, The Bad Boy and The Peace Keeper are still available. I'm okay with taking any of the roles, so I will probably wait until three of the four have been taken and then I'll play whatever one is left over. We have two people who expressed interested in playing The Peace Keeper but I am not placing reserves, so I just wanted to update you all since we do have people working on that character!

Once these eight roles are filled, I will be open to additional original characters.

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duct Tape on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm interested in playing The Addict I'll see if I can post him within the hour. After I watch a million things and then remember to actually post him while forgeting to add an avatar.

Duct Tape
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lightningpoint on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:00 am

I'm really interested in The Peace Keeper so I made her character sheet already, lol. If you find anything wrong with it tell me and I'll modify anything you find irrelevant or such. I hope you like her :)
( she / they )
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

lightningpoint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 am

Both look great! We just need The Leader or The Bad Boy now and then I'll take the other.

EDIT::

I created a character for The Leader so now we just need The Bad Boy.

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cure on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:29 pm

This is nice. Everyone's characters are really good and detailed.

Cure
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:02 pm

I just posted! Feel free to make your post whenever you can.

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thunder on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Sorry for not getting my first post up yet. I've been working all day but I should have one up either tonight or tomorrow. You can say that Braden's a heavy sleeper and slept through everyone else being awake, lol.

Thunder
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lightningpoint on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Guys sorry for not posting anything today (please don't hate me), but I haven't been able to get a hold of a WIFI connection for too long and I haven't had time to write a post either. But I promise I'll write one as soon as I get home (which will probably be around 12 p.m.)

lightningpoint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!