Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Torn Asunder

Torn Asunder

a part of “Torn Asunder”, a fictional universe by The Based God.

A kingdom oppressed by an Imperial tyrant, a dark secret held by the King, and land now ripe with opportunity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Torn Asunder”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Torn Asunder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Torn Asunder"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Based God
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Torn Asunder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:48 am

Okay so I read and greatly enjoyed reading it. I very much would like to join but I'd like to know if they're is a place for a Princess/Lady of the Court type character, as well as maybe female soldier?
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Yes of course! More than that I would love to see diverse characters other that cut and stock lords so you are more than welcome to do so. I ended up deciding that I should let the players create their own Houses and history for said House so they can be original, all I decided to do was provide the name and location of the six different lands in the Veil.

The first, and the one my character belongs to, are the Shi'lands. The Shi covers the far northeast of the Veil and consists of mostly of rolling highlands. Bordered to the north by the massive forests of the Wilds and to the east by the Here's Ridge Mountains the Shi'lands stand apart from the other lands of the Veil. The rulers of said House are the Spyres.

The Second are the coastal lands of Sleeping Bay. Probably the largest of the Veil's holdings, the lands of Sleeping Bay run from the southern border of the Veil's coast far north surrounding the entire gulf which is known as Sleeping Bay.

The third are the River Lands. The River Lands stretch from the borders of Sleeping Bay, running along the southern border of the Veil and near meeting Raven's Watch Tower. The River Lands posses much wealth from farming due to the fertile flatlands they consist of, and the annual flooding of the rivers.

I haven't thought of another three yet, but if you have any ideas let me know. This just gives you a basic understanding of how Im doing things. I'll add more detail when i post them on the introduction board.

The Based God
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Just thought I'd drop by to say that this story is interesting and hope I can figure out a character sooner or later to become a part of it.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Alright well I'd like a Lady from the River Lands if that's okay.

This shall be my FC:

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:00 pm

@Firewind- Sure you are more than welcome to join.

@@MaliceInWonderland- That is fine lol. I still have some stuff to work on and flesh out before I put and add in roleplayers wanted.

Im wanting this to be a large enough RP to make the story interesting, but small enough for it to be more literate and story focused. The first arc of the story will have two different storylines if we get enough writers. One will focus on the northern lords struggling to fend off raids from the savages of the wilds, while the other will be more with tension with the Imperium.

The Based God
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 pm

I think I know of two people that might be interested, I'll asked them tomorrow ^-^

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorait on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:39 am

Interesting I think I'm going to submit a character.

Thorait
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:42 pm

I just worked up a little of the location data so people could have something to refer to when making their characters. Im not finished by any means, but Im trying to get at least a little bit on all seven holdings up for people to see. I still have to write out something for High Rock, Valley Forge, Sleeping Bay, and Raven's Watch.

The information about the people that reside in the holdings is just a general overview of the people that live there and your character doesn't have to fall in line with it if you choose not to.

Also, Raven's Watch holds the crown lands odd the Veil therefore it is the seat of the king. Just a heads up so no one tries to become it's lord.

The Based God
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:11 pm

I want you guys to know that im not ignoring any of you that have submitted characters. For some reason even when i click on yes to approve your characters it says that i didn't approve them. Im going to continue trying to rectify this so please bare with me.

The Based God
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leCupcake on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Wow, so this roleplay seems really interesting and detailed. I think I'd like to try making a charactor as well.

leCupcake
Member for 10 years
Author Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 pm

@leCUpcake- Great, you are more than welcome to join in!

Also, I would like to point out to those of you that have sent me private messages inquiring about the number of lords allowed and are worried about whether or not your character would be overlooked, that the Veil operates under a feudal system of some degree.

For example. Each of the seven holdings, save for Raven's Watch, is governed by a High Lord. The High Lords are the main ruling house of their province, and within the bounds of their territory are answerable to none other than the King. In turn, these High Lords give tracks of lands to vassal lords that govern said land in the High Lord's stead.I hope this helps to clear up some of the misunderstandings with the whole Lord situation.

Now as for the sound of the Veil itself. While the Veil is at the point a province of The Imperium, it is quite large. Each of the seven distinct holdings in the Veil is equivalent to the size of a nation itself making the Veil more of a collection of kingdoms than tracks of land.

I have also been asked if this RP will be like the Song of Ice and Fire, or Game of Thrones for those watching the show, and the answer is yes. If you can not tell I have taken several references from GoT and added them here, and I intend to try and bring out the same degree of storytelling here. While I know that is a stretch for a small RP to do, I still believe that we can pull out some good quality RP fom here.

The Based God
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:21 am

The Based God wrote:I want you guys to know that im not ignoring any of you that have submitted characters. For some reason even when i click on yes to approve your characters it says that i didn't approve them. Im going to continue trying to rectify this so please bare with me.

Have you been in contact with a mod? Maybe this is a problem they've encountered before. Try the Help section.

I'm interested in joining as a minor noble, but I'm curious how many approved characters are in limbo. In the past, when approved characters weren't visible on a roleplay Character page, I was able to find them among the Characters listed on individual user profile pages, but that work-around might not be working here if anyone beyond Thorait has been approved. However, your profile page shows two Jon/Jonathan Spyre characters from Torn Asunder, though only one appears in the roleplay character page. Did resubmitting work for you? Can you perhaps provide an approved list in the interim so new applicants know which High Lords are taken and which areas are peopled?

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:44 am

Alright, I have fixed the problem with the characters not being approved has been resolved. I see some most people have retracted their apps and that is fine. I take full responibility for this problem, but if anyone else is interested now would be the time to set up a character.

The Based God
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!